Can you stop that guy reading stuff out?

I'm still hoping for a mod that uses civ 4 quotes. They never got old...
I would rather listen to Nimoy saying "Beep. Beep. Beep." than having Bean reading about how the Roman Empire collapsed due to air conditioning, Mount Kilimanjaro lacking Wi-Fi, and other such atrocities.

It's interesting to hear Bean narrate, but only once. Afterwards, I get annoyed.

I disabled all voices in-game; if I want to hear leader voices, there's always here: https://soundcloud.com/user-137283764/sets

I know a mod for civ 5 was made to add in Leonard Nimoy quotes, hasn't been done for Civ 6 to my knowledge. Civ 6 is the one where its needed! I didn't have a problem with Civ 5 quotes, quite liked the horseback riding one.

I would rather listen to Nimoy saying "Beep. Beep. Beep." than having Bean reading about how the Roman Empire collapsed due to air conditioning, Mount Kilimanjaro lacking Wi-Fi, and other such atrocities.

It's interesting to hear Bean narrate, but only once. Afterwards, I get annoyed.

I disabled all voices in-game; if I want to hear leader voices, there's always here: https://soundcloud.com/user-137283764/sets

Beep beep beep was classic. Nimoy in cIV was really the icing on the cake. :goodjob:

I do like the Mount Kilimanjaro one, though. It is poking fun at someone dependent on technology and it is hilarious. :D

What really annoys me about Sean Bean's voicework is how frequently he mispronounces names
I always see Sean as Sharpe and so I forgive him, he is just a Napoleonic footslogger with no education.
I think I would tire of anyone saying the same thing over and over, to me its a sonic attack of sorts so I just have to turn it off.

Quiet your filthy mouths! Sean Bean is going to be my husband. I will make him so happy. Once he's safe in my basement, we will never need anything again.

I've played without any sounds for a while now, usually listening to radio instead. The only negative is that you don't hear the barbarian camp spawn sound.

There is a speech volume in the audio options. Doesn't that mute the narrator? Or does that only/also mute the conversations of leaders?

Edit: I tried it out. The speech volume mutes/sets the volume of both the leaders and the narrator (loading a game and quotes).

Last edited:
Maybe we can get Morgan Freeman, James Earl Jones, Helen Mirren, or David Attenborough for Civ VII.

But I doubt it. Leonard Nimoy was such a treasure. Civ V's narrator wasn't bad either--his delivery was better than Sean's (with all due apologies to Lord Stark).

Starcraft Adjutant voice actor ladies. So calm and peaceful. Remove the robo-voice digitizer and call them gold.

Get yourself a better pc.. my games load before Sean gets even midway through the intro. That's on a huge map with 8-12 civs.

The seconds on this forum are very long.. wait 34 seconds.. wait 17 seconds.. now i can post.. :D

James Earl Jones is still one of my favorite male voices. Morgan Freeman is always nice as well. Captain Sisko is always nice as well, but I think he's retired.

For female voices, I'm not sure any stand out. I always like Jennifer Hale of course. I can't think of any others at the moment.

We could always get the computer voice that says Turn Complete from SMAC. :lol:

Top Bottom