Canada Mod - Deluxe Edition

If you go into the XML folder under CustomAssets, you'll see subfolders for Art, Civilizations, Units, etc.

The ones you need to delete are CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml and CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml under 'civilizations', and CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml and CIV4UnitInfos.xml under 'units'. Those are the only ones that really matter.

Under 'text', there are 4 files - _Civilopedia_CivLeaders, _Civilopedia_Units, _Strategy, and _Objects.

Under 'art', there are 3 files - _Civilization, _Leaderhead, and _Unit.

Under 'interface' there are 2 files - _ColorVals and _PlayerColorInfos

i really liked ur civ but... i have many other civs that i have downloaded... how do i load them all without overwriting the other files?

Keven_the_Kat said:
i really liked ur civ but... i have many other civs that i have downloaded... how do i load them all without overwriting the other files?

You can't do it without merging them youself, **but** you can download LAnkou's excellent SuperCiv pack which contains my Canada mod plus about 20 others (Carthage, Netherlands, Celts, Turks, Finland, Scotland, etc.)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=141855

The flag seems to be a persistent issue for a lot of people (not just my flag, but flags for all mods). Try clearing the cache when starting Civ4 (hold shift), then load the mod. I don't know if this will help. If you look through the Civ threads you'll see others have come across the same problem.

This mod is not yet compatible with 1.52 (no civ mods are, automatically - they all have to be edited because of the files that were changed in the patch). I should be able to address this on the weekend.

I might be doing something wrong, but here it goes I installed Ver 1.5 into custom assests and now I have "TXT_KEY_CIV_CANA.." for select a civ, and "Text_KEY_LEADER...", Civ description also etc.

I have reinstalled the game, installed the patch 1.52, then applied your V.1.5 in custom assets.

I have used your mod on previous versions and haven't had any problem up to this patch???

I also do not have any other mods added. (will re-add BlueMarble and Scaling mods after sorting this out)

I enjoy your work, great mod, the only civ I play now. Thanks.

Dobrt.

dobrt said:
Downloaded "fix", still same issues????
Change <bWhiteFlag>0</bWhiteFlag> to "1" in -- XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.xml -- Work for me, hope you can fix it !
The only problem is... my flag is inverse color but i dont really care, its better than a Full White Flag.

dobrt said:
Downloaded "fix", still same issues????

You still get the "TXT_...." appearing? I just tested it and it seems to work fine. Try clearing the cache ("shift" when starting) and see if that helps.

You could also try installing it as a mod to see if you get the same problems.

But the error you noted before was legit - I did correct it and repackage the mod, so it should have taken care of it.

I did the same as dobrt (reinstall, applied your latest fix, etc) and still have those TXT_KEY_<etc> tags appearing. However, for what it is worth, it seems if I edit my "profile" when starting a custom game, or in-game (ESC / Your Details) and enter Canadian Empire, Canada and Canadian as needed the problem goes away -- until I start another game.

Nope, I tried your suggestions and I did the reinstall thing again to no avail, but if I do Fritigerns suggestion I am happy.

Hmmmm...that's weird. Like I said, I tested it out here and everything seems fine. One more check....

Ah! Found the problem! Fixing now....

FIXED: I had added the corrected file to the ZIP but without the correct path. The fixed file was still using the old version.

I installed the Mod in the folder you said but when I load the Canada mod on the game it doesn't work. What can I do to make it show up?

Top Bottom