• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Canada Mod - Deluxe Edition

For those having problems loading:

Check two things - 1) don't create a a new directory, just unzip to Firaxis/Civ/BtS/Mods

2) prior to patch 3.13, you needed to enable modular loading in the config file (modular loading = 1)

In the Canada folder, find 'Canada.ini'

and make sure this line is there:

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

Also, in the BtS directory, find the file _Civ4Config.

Find this line about half way down:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = 0
and change it to

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = Mods\Canada

This will auto-load the mod when you start the game so you can see if it's a problem with the cache (which has been an enduring problem since Day 1)

Kamloops and Kelowna hate each other. It's part of our heritage. Our cities fight about everything.

yea, Kelowna is bigger (population) but Kamloops is just better ;) Kelowna isn't larger. Kamloops extends just before Sun peaks and all the way to Nutsford (all considered city limits).

Just for the heck of it:

Kelowna:
Kelowna’s population is now estimated to be 105,000 (the 2001 census estimated 96,235 residents).
http://www.city.kelowna.bc.ca/CM/Page130.aspx
Kelowna encompasses 262 square km

Kamloops:
http://www.city.kamloops.bc.ca/demographics/
City Area: 311 sq km (120 sq m)
Population: 80, 282 (2000)

Kamloops and Kelowna have always been rival cities. Every hockey game has at least 6 fights, every tournament ends in name calling / fights. Heck even our Mayor insults them, and theirs does the same to us. it's a great releationship.

Is there any plans for this mod to work with the realism mod?

like gibsons and sechelt :lol: :lol: :lol

Quite Impressed with the Mod so far however in the list of Army Regiments you forgot the Hastings Prince Edward Regiment

The have the most battle honours and are the only Infantry Regiment entitled to wearing a Red Berea (airborne and military police are the only others)

Looks good though

I've tried to add...cities from those who have played the mod.

In that case, Killaloe, Ontario! A MASSIVE village of 700 whole (not half) people were I live!

Heres a list of cities that I use for my game, It is 60 in total and has at least 3 cities from every province(except PEI which has 2) and 2 cities from the territories. I organized based on the founding date of the cities

Attachments

• canada cities for civ.zip
    960 bytes · Views: 78
Is there a way to replace or even delete the voices that units have when you click on them and/or the music a city plays when you zoom in on them.

I like the mod but the one liners from the units get old fast (and as I canadian I see the intended humour but don't find it funny). And I'd rather have more of the games classical music for the cities then techno.

Other then those minor gripes I think the mod is great.

Is there a way to replace or even delete the voices that units have when you click on them and/or the music a city plays when you zoom in on them.

I like the mod but the one liners from the units get old fast (and as I canadian I see the intended humour but don't find it funny). And I'd rather have more of the games classical music for the cities then techno.

Other then those minor gripes I think the mod is great.

There are two ways to do this - go to the folder with the sounds (SelectOrder) and delete those audio files you don't like (remember to rename the remaining ones to preserve order).

The other way to do it is to open the Canada_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml and change the sound values from "AS3D_CANADA_" to "AS3D_ENGLAND_" or "AS3D_AMERICA_" (or "AS3D_FRANCE_" if you prefer).

Zerver has created additional flavour units for Canada, and strategyonly has packed them for use with the [BtS] Canada Mod.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8569

Download the Canada Mod, then download this pack.

Unzip this file to Beyond the Sword\Mods

Do not unzip the file to \Mods\Canada. The zip is setup to find the path from the Mods directory. When asked about overwriting existing files, select 'yes'.

Much thanks to Zerver and strategyonly for their great work

When I unzipped the Canada mod itself to Beyond the Sword/Mods, it didn't work. Sorry, but that's all the info I can give you.

You can probably give a little more. :)

When you say "didn't work", do you mean that you selected the mod from the list, and when it restarted nothing happened? Did you get the Canada splash screen? Did the mod appear to load, but Canada wasn't in the civ list? Or did the mod fail to load, and you got error messages?

Check out my post from Feb 17 that begins "For those having problems loading..."

Ok, one last thing: Can this mod be used with the BUG mod?

It depends on whether they share files. I'm not familiar with the details of the BUG mod, so I can't say for sure. But they might work together provided BUG doesn't edit the Diplomacy XML.

Also, there is only one file in the 7z file, and it's called Canada2.7z. Is this a problem?

No, the 7z file is an archived file, like ZIP or RAR.

You can download the extractor here:

http://www.7-zip.org/

But I think WinRAR may open it, as well.

Zerver has created additional flavour units for Canada, and strategyonly has packed them for use with the [BtS] Canada Mod.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8569

Download the Canada Mod, then download this pack.

Unzip this file to Beyond the Sword\Mods

Do not unzip the file to \Mods\Canada. The zip is setup to find the path from the Mods directory. When asked about overwriting existing files, select 'yes'.

Much thanks to Zerver and strategyonly for their great work
It's very cool to see knights with a maple leaf on their shields, but kind of weird as well. Talk about alternative history!

I really enjoy the mod and hate to be a nit-picker, but... is there any chance that someone can improve some of the flavour unit animations? The Voyageur in particular--he just stands around when he's being attacked. "Fight back, little dude! Show that panther who's boss!" :lol:

Bottom line is: Is the Canada a Passive (don't have to load it, like the BUG mod) or an Active (You have to load it, like Ryhe's and Fall) mod?

Top Bottom