• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Canada Mod - Deluxe Edition

CN Tower wonder is done. I want to convert the last two wonders to BtS 3.13 format. I know not everybody likes the wonders, but it's easier to take them out after the fact than to try and add them later.

Tonight is poker night, so that will have to wait until Saturday. :)

Did my text for the Avro Arrow and Voyageurs on Friday. On the weekend, found my art for the Voyageur and started working on the JTF2 art. On Monday I'll be doing the XML edits (units and buildings).

CIV Gold 3.0 Final is done. Finished the last bits this weekend. That gives me a few days to focus on Canada before going at Gold 4.0. :p

I'm watching with keen interest :)

BTW - I'm originally from Thunder Bay and it was a *zing* moment when I finally built enough cities for it to appear on the map the other day - thanks for not leaving us off the list! :D

Ugh.

Okay, everything is complete but I am getting an odd error with one of the UUs. Nothing major - just the skin not showing properly. I've PMed the original author to see if I have tagged something incorrectly. He visits the board regularly so hopefully I can fix it this evening and then upload as planned.

Everything else is working just fine.

As a World Wonder, I think you should rename Hockey Night. The general trend in Civ4 is to remove the location-specific parts of the names of world wonders (like the Great Wall of China named Great Wall, The Library of Alexandria named The Great Library). In the same vein, you should probably rename Hockey Night in Canada to just Hockey Night.
In my version, I moved the required tech to Refrigeration and put a latitude limit of 40 degrees on the wonder, so you have to be close to a pole to build it. Wouldn't make sense that hockey would be developed or become really popular in a tropical area. :p

Brilliant mod, I think you sould add a flavour UB of Legislature in place of courthouse.

Brilliant mod, I think you sould add a flavour UB of Legislature in place of courthouse.

...or just a Senate that does absolutely nothing, but costs you each turn. :p

I do like the flavour UB idea. Thanks for the comments!

FYI, Canada's UB does the exact same thing (and replaces the exact same building) as the Australia civ's UB.

I did mine first. :D

I've had this UB setup since Warlords came out. In my other mod - CIV Gold - I have a different UB for Australia with a different function.

Top Bottom