Canada: Victim of Silent Majority Disease

Joey_Ramone

Warlord
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,140120,00.html

Canada has apparently fallen victim to the silent majority disease.

We used to have a bad case of that ourselves. This quasi-medical condition afflicts a nation in the following way. Most people just shut up. They don't say anything, even when the loudmouth minority around them are saying the most outrageous things.

Some 90 percent of Canadians are reported to have said they think the United States is their most important world partner... or something like that. Another 70-something percent said they think the U.S. is Canada's most important friend.

Seems the Canadians don't hate us as much as some would have us believe.

80% also oppose the Iraq war. The only reason we are your closest friend is because we dont have many other friends. :crazyeye:

I kid, I kid, sort of.

But you are right, I notice the most anti-American Canadians are right here on this forum. Most people I know have some issues with our Southern Neighbour, but for the tangible affect it has on most of our lives, which is very little, we move past those differences.

BSE and softwood lumber are the things we really dont like, the Iraq war is jut a tack-on.

I guess that the US is the "closest" friend. ;)

The US and Canada (AKA, America Jr). will always remain good friends. I mean who honestly could hate the Great White North? They have Hockey, Beer, and... uh... Polar Bears!

Riesstiu IV said:
The US and Canada (AKA, America Jr). will always remain good friends. I mean who honestly could hate the Great White North? They have Hockey, Beer, and... uh... Polar Bears!
Id be surprised if you consider this particular part of Canada either great or white

Personally, living in the arctic desert kind of sucks.

The great thing about database errors is never having to explain a double post.

Well Canada-US relations are verry close were like family - heck I have extended family in the US. As for the Iraq queston you see the angry 5 percent while the content or otherwise non radical peopel just go about thier buisness.

As for Iraq well if 80% of us don't agree with the US president we can disagree but lets hope we do it in a civilized manner.

Um...no Canadian will ever claim to hate the United States or deny that they are our most important world partners and closest friends...the real issue is that we hate George Bush and his unilateral policies.

I know no one who hates America or has ever claimed to.

Its true, i got nothing against Americans. But the education system seems to let you down ;)

America is our most important trade partner, without a doubt, however:

Canadians REALLY hate Bush though. If you look at the spectrum of mainstream political parties in the states, even our Conservative party looks like a big group of Communists. Bush seems to act according to a "Bush angry=you invaded" philosophy. Then there is the whole Softwood Lumber/BSE issue. <cough NAFTA!!! cough>

and if you think about NORAD for second, that starts to get suspicious. As near as I can figure, the plan was "Make the nukes hit Canada rather than the US"

LesCanadiens said:
Um...no Canadian will ever claim to hate the United States or deny that they are our most important world partners and closest friends...the real issue is that we hate George Bush and his unilateral policies.

I know no one who hates America or has ever claimed to.

Carolyn Parrish.

I'm so glad that repugnant broad got canned.

Any intelligent Canadian understands the importance of the many levels of the Canada/US relationship. Little quibbles are bound to pop up, and tend not the threaten the relationship as a whole.

Lol, the funniest thing about Carol is that she didnt get canned until the footage came out on 22 Minutes. which means someone in the US was watching CBC, saw the show, and starting *****ing like mad to somebody in the government. which means somebody watched the show "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" and actually was dumb enough to think that they're serious. It's good humor people. Grow up.

At first I agreed with that MP, she has a right to say what she wants it is her opinion, but she started to use it as a gimmick to get attention. We already know you(Caroly) hate them, so shut up already and do what we(the taxpayers) pay you for!

:lol:

A fine point. But I still dont think she deserved to get fired for something on 22. I mean, any of the other American baching for the last 3 years, but not this. :p

No, the only reason she got canned was for turning on the Liberals.

Being a member of the liberal party and being anti-american are almost synonymous.

Most Canadians realize that our relationship with the US is very important, but even with our close relationship that are sometimes disargeements we have moved on through them in the past.

Top Bottom