Cannot build spaceship - (retire button clicked earlier)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordraer

Chieftain
I just completed all of the spaceship components as the Shoshone in an Immortal difficulty game with all victory conditions allowed in BnW. It is the year 1963, and no one has won the game with any other victory conditions as of yet. When I bring the components into my capital there is no option to add them to the spaceship as usual. There are no units in my capital blocking. Yes, I built the Apollo Program. This is very frustrating! Any idea what to do? Save file and image for reference:

Attachments

• Pocatello_0383 AD-1963.Civ5Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
Very odd. No mods, science enabled...

Looks like the Greeks have been fun neighbours.

I looked at the file and am confused. I thought you needed spaceship factories to build spaceship parts. And a prequisite is factories--which you have none at all. I didn't realize you could build spaceship parts with only workshops.

Where did you build the spaceship parts?

Did you purchase with gold via an ideology?

I'd load again--but it took almost 10 minutes on my Mac the last time.

Looks like the Greeks have been fun neighbours.
Yeah they brought over six generals and stole all of my land, hah. I stole back one spot but yeah, that was incredibly annoying. Oddly enough they never went to war with me, nor did Mongolia. In fact, throughout the entire game I only had war with the Iroquois.

I looked at the file and am confused. I thought you needed spaceship factories to build spaceship parts. And a prequisite is factories--which you have none at all. I didn't realize you could build spaceship parts with only workshops.

Where did you build the spaceship parts?

Did you purchase with gold via an ideology?

I'd load again--but it took almost 10 minutes on my Mac the last time.

I built a Hubble which gives a free Spaceship Factory in Agaidika, so that's where I made three parts. I made the others in my capital and Goshute.

The only time I've seen this reported (a spaceship part in the capital with movement points but no button to attach the part) was when somebody already won the game.

The most likely suspects are Cultural and Diplomatic.

Also note that there was no need to build all the parts first, they can be added as you construct them; and in situations in which there is limited Aluminum is best because adding it to the spaceship frees up the AL that was used constructing the part.

The only time I've seen this reported (a spaceship part in the capital with movement points but no button to attach the part) was when somebody already won the game.

The most likely suspects are Cultural and Diplomatic.

Also note that there was no need to build all the parts first, they can be added as you construct them; and in situations in which there is limited Aluminum is best because adding it to the spaceship frees up the AL that was used constructing the part.

I have won many science victories already, so I thought it was really strange when I made the first part and was unable to shoot it up from the capital. And again, no one won the game prior to this. You can check the Save file as well. Another point of oddity is that it seems that the "Retire" option is unavailable also? All of this is strange to say the least. This is my first Immortal level win on BnW so I'm really annoyed I cannot finish the game.

Spaceship factories speed up production but are not required. I hardly ever build them, as by the time I have the tech I can produce them fast enough in my big cities, faster than the time to research the tech for the next part.

If you go to the main menu, do you have the 'retire' option active or greyed out? You might have accidentally retired, and this has been reported to close the winning option in the past.

If you go to the main menu, do you have the 'retire' option active or greyed out? You might have accidentally retired, and this has been reported to close the winning option in the past.

Ah, that's what happened. I loaded old saves and went all the way back to turn 90 before the Retire option came back. I guess at some point I retired to go to sleep and played one last turn to do something before I forgot and saved again. And it apparently cost me the ability to win. That's a pretty idiotic feature of the game for sure. What a shame. =/

Moderator Action: Thread title changed to note the retire button had been clicked and thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom