1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cant get oil?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by PenguinKommando, Oct 22, 2005.

1. PenguinKommando

PenguinKommando Chieftain

Ahhh...
    There are only like 25 plains areas in the entire game map (huge) and since I got Civ 3 Complete, it came with extra scenerios, and th eonly one I got that far on was Warlust, but basicly you cant go anywhere until you get navigation. ANyways, I cut down a lot of the threes and stuff, but still, oil only comes on marshes, plains, tundra and desert. Only plains is in the map Im on and there arent many. Is there a way I can increase the chance to get oil on on eof the few plains squares I have?

2. madviking

madviking north american scum

you cant get oil on plains...

3. PenguinKommando

PenguinKommando Chieftain

I just thought...
    Since the instruction manual said so it would be right...

4. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Advice - Ignore what your manual says, it isn't exactly known for its accuracy. I would trust people at CFC before I would the manual.

5. mastertyguy

mastertyguy I'm tired!

There was oil on plains in vanilla (maybe in PTW). But not on plain obtained from forests.

6. Beamup

Beamup Higgs boson

Even in vanilla it's only desert and tundra. No plains.