Cats and Kittens

I adopted a female grey tabby cat at an animal shelter in Houston, Texas in Fall of 2004, moved to Japan on March 2011 and passed away on March 8th, 11:17pm (Tokyo, Japan time).
She was 19 years, 8 months old. The cause of possible death could be aging and kidney stones.

My condolences to you. She certainly had a long life.

:hug:

I adopted a female grey tabby cat at an animal shelter in Houston, Texas in Fall of 2004, moved to Japan on March 2011 and passed away on March 8th, 11:17pm (Tokyo, Japan time).
She was 19 years, 8 months old. The cause of possible death could be aging and kidney stones.
So sorry to hear this. It's a terrible feeling when you lose a pet

Le suck 19 years is a good run.
We have a senior kitten not 100% sure how old he is but adopted in 2010.

Our 18 year old tuxedo cat, Reveille, suffers from a heart mummer, kidney issues and bad teeth. Here she is much younger.

IMG_0685.JPG

Our 18 year old tuxedo cat, Reveille, suffers from a heart mummer, kidney issues and bad teeth. Here she is much younger.

View attachment 686228

I have two tuxedo cats. Reveille looks a lot like my Mittens. Only Mittens is a bit smaller than Reveille.

Ol man Dex on his blanket and heated cat pad. Cooling down so he's not outdoors as much.

For his age he is doing great. Not 100% sure how old he is but 14+ is safe bet.

20240404_143901.jpg

Ember passed away a year ago in May. Dexter occasionally sleeps on the bed now.

He's not really a lap cat. Jumps on for 5-10 minutes very rarely 30 minutes
20240404_211331.jpg

He has sat on Alana once. In 13 years. Happy at the moment he mooched a tube treaty off me.

My mother's cat keeps ramming her head into me
That means she likes you. The appropriate response from you would be to pet her and give her an ear scratch, and maybe a cuddle.

Pet her? Mostly I slap her butt. She seems to enjoy it, the sick freak.
I'm not kidding.

You're fairly new to OT, so I'll mention that I'm basically OT's Cat Lady (do not ever refer to me as "crazy", though). I've raised cats for over 45 years, and it's accurate to say that if a cat does a head-butt as you describe, it's an indication that the cat likes you. Some affectionate gesture in return would be appropriate, such as petting, scratching, or cuddling. When my own cat does it, she gets all three, plus a kiss. I haven't suggested you kiss your mother's cat because guys aren't generally into interacting that way with cats.

However you handle it, just don't yell at the cat or hurt her (cats don't normally like slaps, even light ones). She's not doing this to hurt you. She just wants some positive attention.

None of my cats liked slaps. They regard that as either punishment or being told NO or STOP.

Unfortunately it's sometimes the only thing that keeps Maddy from climbing into the fridge when I have the door open, as she's determined to get to the cat food. It's just a light tap, though. Cats should not be slapped if it can be avoided.

None of my cats liked slaps. They regard that as either punishment or being told NO or STOP.

Unfortunately it's sometimes the only thing that keeps Maddy from climbing into the fridge when I have the door open, as she's determined to get to the cat food. It's just a light tap, though. Cats should not be slapped if it can be avoided.

I did say light slaps.

Dexter loves it you if "thump" his sides or base of tail.

By thumps more like heavy fast pats but you get the sound effect.

He'll get in the middle of us. Thumb scratch on his ears ad "thump" his tail base and he melts.

Were you crazy once? Did they lock you in a room, a rubber room, a rubber room with rats? And did said rats make you crazy?
There's a term called "crazy cat lady". It implies that women who raise cats are crazy, mentally unhinged, obsessed, etc. It is not meant in a positive way, and yes, one or two people on the forum used this term to refer to me.

If they do it once, not realizing that it's offensive, and NOT funny, I educate them about it. If they do it again, I assume it's trolling.

Top Bottom