Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

I can't give enough praise for the Hard Work that the Caveman 2 Cosmos modding team has put in since I began playing long ago. When you eventually add Multimaps into the Mod will it break saved games with the latest SVN? My current game is fun and going nicely.

Attachments

• OskMayDay August 23, AD-1650.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.7 MB · Views: 7
I can't give enough praise for the Hard Work that the Caveman 2 Cosmos modding team has put in since I began playing long ago. When you eventually add Multimaps into the Mod will it break saved games with the latest SVN? My current game is fun and going nicely.
I wouldn't worry about your CURRENT game in this context, unfortunately.

Hello. Here is my saved game. I managed to conquer all the continent with 3 spiked clubmen that have many promotions. Promotions are OP and ruin the game. My saved game is a perfect example of why promotions should be nerfd. Please scale down the promotions. it's not normal to win the game so fast.
Can't load the save as it is from a too old version of C2C. Save compatibility was broken after v43 was released.
Get latest SVN version if you want to help us develop C2C and fix its shortcomings.

Question: I'm currently 3000 turns into a 12k game on a Snafru-Space/Earth Map and I'm watching the AI do something strange: Their cities seem to never grow beyond 3 to 5, there are some that do but all my neighbours are at city size 3, 4 or 5. Are they constantly drafting units out of their cities, are they slave-whipping production, what is happening here? And why, when I have production megatowns at 20 citizen nearby?

here is the save game where i managed to conquer the world with stone macemen in prehistory. AI needs to do better or promotions need to be scaled down, it's too easy to promote your units even on the option to increase the Exp needed to level up and promotions are too good

Attachments

• StonnedMacemenBukake.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
If the Ideas of the C2C Modders are incorporated into the, soon to be available in 2024 CIVILIZATION 7, will the modding team receive any type of compensation? Because your C2C Mod is so much better and it's free!

Implausible, we will likely never get money for our work.
never say never there is always a way, crowdfound this and make the game start in Paleolitic with Homo erectus, oldowan tools, fire and etc. It would be nice to play the game as a band of homo (lol) before finally researching prehistory tech and settling your city

Can you guys make it so promotions don't carry up when upgrading units ? i had some nicely upgraded brutes to stoncemacemen and they are 4 and wreck every city on the map in prehistory. At least make it an enable/diable option at the start of the game, thank you so much

Can you guys make it so promotions don't carry up when upgrading units ? i had some nicely upgraded brutes to stoncemacemen and they are 4 and wreck every city on the map in prehistory. At least make it an enable/diable option at the start of the game, thank you so much
So you'd want an option to reset all promotions and xp with every upgrade? Interesting concept. Limited XP isn't even enough eh? I could see how, particularly on longer games, this might give a more real-feel. That said, added to a list would still be a very very very very long list of projects and very low on the totem pole of urgency BUT as we go through code that idea could be right there where it could be added and so I'll keep it in mind.

Funny how this is the exact opposite of what was supposed to be the BENEFIT of upgrading (instead of building) units in the first place.

My Game on Today, which is Giving Tuesday in America....

Attachments

• OskMayDay August 6, AD-1735.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.9 MB · Views: 3
Toffer: On the current SVN change: I like the changes in the icons/btns, but can u reverse the RED and Blue icons (btns) around, on a compter u start on the right and then go to the left, so when building alot of units at one time, its more convenient to use the blue on rather than the red, thx,, SO

Attachments

• red blue.JPG
    red blue.JPG
    414.2 KB · Views: 49
Toffer: On the current SVN change: I like the changes in the icons/btns, but can u reverse the RED and Blue icons (btns) around, on a compter u start on the right and then go to the left, so when building alot of units at one time, its more convenient to use the blue on rather than the red, thx,, SO
Funny, how I would (slightly, it's not too important) ask for the same thing - but for the exactly opposite reason: I'm used to clicking the RED button, that was on the LEFT. LOL!

Funny, how I would (slightly, it's not too important) ask for the same thing - but for the exactly opposite reason: I'm used to clicking the RED button, that was on the LEFT. LOL!
not when ur doing like 200 at one time per city

whatever u decide, is good for me, , , just being nit picky . ..

Last edited:
What do yall think of exposing the MIN_CITY_RANGE parameter in GlobalDefines.xml to the BUG Options Screen?

It would make it much more convenient to modify city minimum distances depending on current map size etc. Ideally, the parameter would be saved with the game save and set on loading. Is either even possible?
I love large maps and my thinking is: larger min city distances >> fewer cities >> less memory issues >> better chance making it past the industrial age

For anyone wondering about the new heritage stuff, it is a work in progress meant to improve performance and memory usage, and I will be adding new UI so you can inspect the heritages your nation has and its effects individually and in total. I will likely add this UI in late January, as well as change a lot more buildings into being heritages where it makes sense to do so.

What do yall think of exposing the MIN_CITY_RANGE parameter in GlobalDefines.xml to the BUG Options Screen?

It would make it much more convenient to modify city minimum distances depending on current map size etc. Ideally, the parameter would be saved with the game save and set on loading. Is either even possible?
I love large maps and my thinking is: larger min city distances >> fewer cities >> less memory issues >> better chance making it past the industrial age
I can look into it in late January.

Top Bottom