Caveman 2 Cosmos

Thanks Hydromancerx. I actually discovered that thread as you sent your reply. I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box.

About the Extra Leaderheads: why are we using Amra's resking of Mansa Musa for Menelik II, Green Louis XIV for Afonso Henriques, and that Gandhi reskin for Yagan when they've all been updated? And why are leaders like Saddam Hussein and Gustavus Adolphus leading Babylon and the Vikings when it would make more sense to make new civs?

And why are leaders like Saddam Hussein and Gustavus Adolphus leading Babylon and the Vikings when it would make more sense to make new civs?

Maybe I'm missing some point, but since none of the civs have UU or UB, adding extra civs rather than leaders seems pointless, as regional culture is more important than civs.

About the Extra Leaderheads: why are we using Amra's resking of Mansa Musa for Menelik II, Green Louis XIV for Alfonso Henriques, and that Gandhi reskin for Yagan when they've all been updated? And why are leaders like Saddam Hussein and Gustavus Adolphus leading Babylon and the Vikings when it would make more sense to make new civs?

I haven't had anything done to the Animated LHs in about a year now, so they are old, I am even getting sooo far behind on the Static ones:blush: So i really doubt that they really work that well either without some errors someplace at sometime:sad:

But i have now (also behind) on adding civs in, i have over 150 on my list to do, hows that. Just that i have really been sick recently and its causing me to be more lazy and depressed, because of all the pills i am taking, sorry everyone:blush::sad:

I haven't had anything done to the Animated LHs in about a year now, so they are old, I am even getting sooo far behind on the Static ones:blush: So i really doubt that they really work that well either without some errors someplace at sometime:sad:

But i have now (also behind) on adding civs in, i have over 150 on my list to do, hows that. Just that i have really been sick recently and its causing me to be more lazy and depressed, because of all the pills i am taking, sorry everyone:blush::sad:

I would prefer these extras to be in a mod like the extra leader heads and long movies because they are straining my machine.

Seriously guys i can only say one thing about this mod... What an awesome master-piece work :crazyeye:!!!! Thank you for all the team members who created Caveman 2 Cosmos, this is the best one i ever played!!! :goodjob:

I have to go with Lord_Kordarus on this one. I've only played 1 1/2 nights, but this mod is stunning me. A good friend (akin to the 10 year Civ2 game dude) is rip-roaring thrilled with this mod. Amazing job.

For my part, animated leaderheads are unimportant. I prefer the historical paintings, etc. to anything else. I don't need a cartoon bobblehead Gandhi. But that's just me.

Thanks again for amazing work

And sorry to hear about sickness/depression, strategyonly. If it makes you feel better, you've ensured that at least one more person will not be getting a girlfriend anytime soon. That's... my good friend, not me.

I'd say all of us are allowed to fall behind a bit. If we don't, we could end up losing our sanity! lol Do take care of yourself my friend. I feel that any team member's contributions are (at least most of the time) hugely appreciated whether they are voluminous or not and the really good stuff takes a lot of time to develop, during which we need to remind ourselves that its ok to take a break now and then, even walk away for a bit, or just relax and play a game.

I know when I came back to it this time I felt a surge of renewed interest. I realize as team leader you can't completely vanish for a time, but if you go on less productivity for a bit, nobody's going to hold it against you I think. Especially when you, in particular, have already given us all so much here!

I agree with Thunderbrd. With the new people helping you out it should help let you do what you want to do. For instance you use to make units and now ls612 has taken over that job. You use to make techs, now MrAzure has taken over that job. Even SargontheGreat2 is helping you with adding new civilizations. All of this should make your work load a lot lighter and give you time to mod stuff you "want to" mod, not what you "have to" mod. That's not to say you cannot do any of those things again if you want to. In short hopefully ls612, MrAzure and SargontheGreat2 have helped relive you of the huge workload you amazingly have done over the past months.

You can have a break anytime you like. You have earned it! :goodjob:

I agree with Thunderbrd. With the new people helping you out it should help let you do what you want to do. For instance you use to make units and now ls612 has taken over that job. You use to make techs, now MrAzure has taken over that job. Even SargontheGreat2 is helping you with adding new civilizations. All of this should make your work load a lot lighter and give you time to mod stuff you "want to" mod, not what you "have to" mod. That's not to say you cannot do any of those things again if you want to. In short hopefully ls612, MrAzure and SargontheGreat2 have helped relive you of the huge workload you amazingly have done over the past months.

You can have a break anytime you like. You have earned it! :goodjob:

No offense, all but one:hmm:, YES

I've played Rise, Rise 2, and New Dawn so I'm excited to get into what looks like a great expansion :D

I have an issue though that is driving me nuts. The oceans seem to have massive lines through the water as you can see in the below image. If this is intentional please let me know, if not I would appreciate any tips you might have to fix this issue :D

Using Version 23 w/ steam version of Civ 4 BtS.

I've played Rise, Rise 2, and New Dawn so I'm excited to get into what looks like a great expansion :D

I have an issue though that is driving me nuts. The oceans seem to have massive lines through the water as you can see in the below image. If this is intentional please let me know, if not I would appreciate any tips you might have to fix this issue :D

Using Version 23 w/ steam version of Civ 4 BtS

Yes intentional, i believe its called the Nazca Lines, if i remember correctly, DH would know better.

btw Welcome to CFC and trying this great mod, C2C, you wont be disappointed.

Using Version 23 w/ steam version of Civ 4 BtS.

Yes intentional, i believe its called the Nazca Lines, if i remember correctly, DH would know better.

btw Welcome to CFC and trying this great mod, C2C, you wont be disappointed.

It is the difference between tropical, temperate and polar oceans. I don't understand terrain graphics so I have not done anything to make them blend better.

Ok so I was going imperialistic in my old game and setting lots of unit on border patrol to stop any anoying invading terrorist units. The problem is that my border patrollers only attack single units and not any weak mini stacks as shown in the picture. Attack odds were above 99% and allow unit suicidin on in the BUG options.
Civ4ScreenShot0030.JPG

I tried to put units next to the enemy and put them on border patrol or city defence and only automated city defence would attack enemy stacks. So it would to help to get the border patrol attack stacks like the auto city defence does.

This game was in v21 if i recall correctly.

So it would to help to get the border patrol attack stacks like the auto city defence does.

Looks weird having a Scout/trained dog in with the Trench Infantry??

Ok so I was going imperialistic in my old game and setting lots of unit on border patrol to stop any anoying invading terrorist units. The problem is that my border patrollers only attack single units and not any weak mini stacks as shown in the picture. Attack odds were above 99% and allow unit suicidin on in the BUG options.
View attachment 323533

I tried to put units next to the enemy and put them on border patrol or city defence and only automated city defence would attack enemy stacks. So it would to help to get the border patrol attack stacks like the auto city defence does.

Posting a save game with a description f what is going on is the best way to enable the AI guys to figure out a solution.

Hi!
I have been playing this mod since last summer and i love it, and i play it with my sorority sisters here at school. Youll be surprised at the number of girls who love to play Civ4. I love the prehistoric era the best especially subdued animals. I have been a lurker here for about three years and decided to register. Keep up the good work guys!

Top Bottom