1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Posting a save game with a description f what is going on is the best way to enable the AI guys to figure out a solution.

2. MarisellaB

MarisellaB Chieftain

Hi!
    I have been playing this mod since last summer and i love it, and i play it with my sorority sisters here at school. Youll be surprised at the number of girls who love to play Civ4. I love the prehistoric era the best especially subdued animals. I have been a lurker here for about three years and decided to register. Keep up the good work guys!

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Welcome to the C2C forum Marisella! You're more than welcome to make observations on the mod in any thread here. I'm sure we'd all love to hear as much feedback as you have to offer.

4. Nakkimunakas

Nakkimunakas Chieftain

Sorry I have my older saves anymore. I made an example(v24) of this with the worldbuilder below. Basically in the example the borderpatrol stack doesn't seem to attack invading troops if there isn't atleast as many of them than the invaders (won't attack if [amount of invaders] > [amount units in borderpatrol stack]). In the example there is 5 barb longbow stack in the border and 4 apache chopper stack on border patrol and they wont attack. As soon as I kill one longbow manually with infatry the automated choppers kill the rest.
    View attachment 323631

I think it would be better if the border patrol would attack bigger stacks because now the borders leak if the enemy just has a few unit crossing because I typically don't assign big stacks to border patrol.

What?

5. NCC1017spock

NCC1017spock Warlord

Me and my friend have the same version of this mod, why cant we play online?

6. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

Welcome MarisellaB!

Your contributions can help make C2C, the best community mod and the best expression of Civilization ever. Please feel free to participate as you wish; we would love to hear you!

Everyone who plays C2C and Civ IV has a valuable voice and I encourage them to share what they think.

@Everybody
    Discussion is the forge that will improve ideas, help the modders make them even better, and inspire team discussions to build the best Civilization game possible. Everybody who comes across these forums, Please speak up!. We will do our best to consider every idea that is heard (as we can all make time, to discuss and implement them better, together). Please do what you can to champion what you think is best. The ModTeam needs all the help it can get to make time to improve things; they can only do so much and need the freedom to make good decisions and pursue bigger ideas!
    They can't fix everything at once without your help, and it takes time, and everyone's participation to balance, fix bugs, add new features, and smooth things out. Any help is appreciated, from just saying what you think, to participating in discussion, to learning how to help mod ideas into C2C, to stepping up and becoming part of the effort to make C2C, the Ultimate Community expression of pushing the limits of what a great Civilization game can become. We can inspire what Civ 6 could be!

For the Love of Civ!; If you've been thinking about helping C2C please let us know what you think! And thank you for sticking around the forums and playing C2C as it quickly becoming what we all want it to be, it can evolve to be even better than what we all hope! Add your voice and inspire it's direction!!

7. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

This may seem entirely obvious, but it can be an issue. Do both of you have BtS updated to 3.19? Remember, the autoupdater does not correctly update. It has to be done manually. If that is not the issue, then I will leave the question to more capable hands.

8. Szekely

Szekely Chieftain

Is there a way to enable animated leaderheads for everyone? I've tried searching the forums here with no success (but perhaps I am blind).

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

As far as I know the animated leader heads are all being removed because

1) they make the download too big.

2) they ensure MAFs latter in the game for many people playing the game.

Once we have them all static we may be able to spare some time to make a pack of animated ones for you to download. If you wanted to do that it would be very helpful to the team.

10. GiuseppeIII

GiuseppeIII The Third Giuseppe

11. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

That's great news. Thanks for all the comments and ideas. I especially liked some of your ideas about "girly" buildings. I try to make a wide variety of buildings. I do try to get to some of the more non-violent side things. I know we have a lot of "builders" too and hopefully this mod will keep both the "warmongers" and "builders" happy.

In short thanks for playing and I hope more girls play civ (and video games in general).

12. HarvesterofSorr

HarvesterofSorr Chieftain

Love the MOD! Always wanted to do civ in caveman times.
    One thing: it seems that Aluminum is visible from the beginning. This is probably just an oversite but you may want to look into it. Unlikely that you have to tech to discover flint and obsidian but you know where aluminum is.
    Would love if it were possible to play either side in a Neanderthals vs. Homo Sapiens struggle. Possible Scenario thoughts
    Great Work!

13. Samin

Samin Warlord

That's because Aluminium shouldn't appear on the map anymore. You only find Bauxit and have to manufacture that into Aluminium through a building. What map are you playing?

14. HarvesterofSorr

HarvesterofSorr Chieftain

I'm playing the 32 civ earth map that comes with the mod.
    I play earth maps at first with a new mod to learn. The aluminum doesn't add any production or anything.

15. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

That was put in by Koshling (i believe, not to sure), a GEM map correct? If it is thats outdated already.

16. Mediocrates

Mediocrates Chieftain

I downloaded the C2C extra - leaderheads.zip file in March to fill out my LH options and soon discovered it did not work. The leaders appeared in the Civopedia with a giant pink square where their LH graphics should've been and when selected, there was no text in the LH infobox, and any custom games I tried to setup with these leaders CTD mid-load. After a few posts in the forum, I was told the file hadn't been edited to work with C2C. I shrugged it off and decided to wait for an update. So...has this file been updated since March, or is it the same one?

Thanks for the mod by the way. Very expansive and rewarding.

17. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Check the GEM thread for latest updates. acularius (sp?) hasn't made an official update yet, but there is an update by someone else that adds the latest resources. Once the official line is updated (or acularius says it's ok to go with the unofficial one) I'll transfer them/it to SVN.

18. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Yeah i download those last week already, but i just haven't had any "free" time to even take a peek at them yet, working on too many other big projects, well to me big :rolleyes:;)

19. Epona222

Epona222 Warlord

Sorry, there's no suitable place to ask this question and it's just a quick one so here it is:

I vaguely recall someone here posting that ATI/AMD graphics cards aren't as good for dealing with C2C as nVidia (I think it was around the time of the dreaded "black terrain" issues, which I certainly experienced with my 5850), but despite very thorough use of the search function I cannot find the post, or maybe I dreamed it!

If anyone can shed any light I would be grateful as I am looking to upgrade and want all relevant info before I make a decision. Cheers :)

20. Samin

Samin Warlord

Are you using the recent drivers? I also have a radeon5800 series and no problem with black terrain.