Caveman 2 Cosmos

Ooh thanks :) You were right. Despite the fact I hadn't chosen flexible difficulty when I set the custom game up, it was set on it in the BUG screen. So I set current difficulty back to what i wanted and unticked flexible. I kind of like to roleplay a civilisation rather than just play to win so I don't really want it to get too nasty too quickly :)

First off thank you for the amazing job you are doing with c2c and bringing us (maybe too) many fun hours with it. :) That being said i am playing the c2c v27 installed via Desura a few days ago and i do find it more stable, while i had some occasional crashes to desktop with v26 i am yet to experience one with this version. :)

The problem i am experiencing is field commanders, if it is something you have posted before please dont yell because google failed me this time. :D Anywho i have the option checked when starting a new game but the field commander doesn't seem to gain any experience from combat any more and is thus pretty useless now. The same happened in 26 but i learned to live with it, so i am curious to see if this was the decision of the people involved ( i do find commanders a bit too OP) or is mine 3.19bts+my pc+desura version a bad combination. In the attachments i have posted the screenshots before and after combat if that would help. Thanks again, keep up the awesome job. :goodjob:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 93
First off thank you for the amazing job you are doing with c2c and bringing us (maybe too) many fun hours with it. :) That being said i am playing the c2c v27 installed via Desura a few days ago and i do find it more stable, while i had some occasional crashes to desktop with v26 i am yet to experience one with this version. :)

The problem i am experiencing is field commanders, if it is something you have posted before please dont yell because google failed me this time. :D Anywho i have the option checked when starting a new game but the field commander doesn't seem to gain any experience from combat any more and is thus pretty useless now. The same happened in 26 but i learned to live with it, so i am curious to see if this was the decision of the people involved ( i do find commanders a bit too OP) or is mine 3.19bts+my pc+desura version a bad combination. In the attachments i have posted the screenshots before and after combat if that would help. Thanks again, keep up the awesome job. :goodjob:

1. Don't use Desura, it is really a bad idea
  2. The Great Commanders do level up, it is just that their XP total isn't displayed for some reason. If you get enough units in their stack into battle then you will eventually be able to select a new promotion for them.

Hi. Thanks for this great mod. But I don't understand why in v27 on pre-columbian GEM all volcanoes are dormant. They never become active or transform into hills with resources. Is it a bug?

For example savegame (about 30 turns after start.) But I had made more than 400 turns and have never seen active volcano or new volcano.

Attachments

• Catherine BC-46250.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
For example savegame (about 30 turns after start.) But I had made more than 400 turns and have never seen active volcano or new volcano.

The Volcano event notifications were fixed so that you would only hear about it if the Volcano was near something you own.

The Volcano event notifications were fixed so that you would only hear about it if the Volcano was near something you own.

the volcano event does not happen at all. When I open worldbuilder or explore map I see only dormant volcanoes ( like volcano events were switched off

the volcano event does not happen at all. When I open worldbuilder or explore map I see only dormant volcanoes ( like volcano events were switched off

I think DH shut them off, i am not too sure though:confused:

Hi. Thanks for this great mod. But I don't understand why in v27 on pre-columbian GEM all volcanoes are dormant. They never become active or transform into hills with resources. Is it a bug?

Pretty sure Hawaii is active, but most of the volcanoes are dormant. [On the GEM scenario I had placed famous volcanoes in their respective places, like St. Helen's, which works with one of the university buildings.]
As for why the volcano events aren't active...
Well, they use to fire quite a bit, which lead to a few problems such as being able to invade from England over the new land formed in the Channel into France, Poor France. [They use to destroy resource that were in the tile originally as well, so if that was your only tile with iron, well too bad... Mr. Volcano decided to explode there that day. :p ]

FYI

I'm not really as fanatical as this makes me sound, but I have just bought my first gaming laptop (i7 quad-core 64bit 12GB), primarily to play C2C. :D

FYI

I'm not really as fanatical as this makes me sound, but I have just bought my first gaming laptop (i7 quad-core 64bit 12GB), primarily to play C2C. :D
:rockon: Awesome! Let us know how it goes!

Top Bottom