Caveman 2 Cosmos

I think that when Koshling comes back in addition to working on Multi-Maps that he will spend some time looking at the tactical weakness of the AI. But it is a known issue that the AI is horrible at making war. Most of the improvements in the past year have focused on making the AI hold its own economically, not militarily.

If he's decided he doesn't want to work on the AI to that extent, I would eventually pick up on that myself after some practice with combat mod issues that will be necessary anyhow. I do NOT say this to mean that I would not prefer him working on it but IF he never does wish to get on that project again I'd be happy to eventually address it.

I would rather people become advisors instead of give things up completely. This way they can control their time and investment, and still be a part of what they created.
I am looking forward to AIANDY and KOSHLING's innovations this year. :)

@All:

I've managed to mess up my system rather badly today by accident, and so need to do a system refresh. THat means that I probably won't be modding until Friday or so once I have everything restored. Just so you know why I won't be modding in the next day or two.

Is that mod slower than Rise of Mankind: New Dawn?

I played a lot with RomND, and it was unplayable neither on huge maps, nor with revolution mod. The turn times were about 5-10 minutes long around the 1st world war.
Do you have any tips to make this mod faster? Which mod components have the biggest appetite? :)

I have i5 2400 + 8 gb ddr3 1333mhz with Samsung F1 640gb harddisk

i can see it in civ 4 but when i click on it i be sent to my computer :confused: please help me :sad:

The first time you load it it will take a LONG time. But that is normal, when you launch a mod it quits the game and then loads the game with the mod.

I played a lot with RomND, and it was unplayable neither on huge maps, nor with revolution mod. The turn times were about 5-10 minutes long around the 1st world war.
Do you have any tips to make this mod faster? Which mod components have the biggest appetite? :)

You'll probably find C2C operates pretty quickly by comparison. A lot has been done to streamline the processing. It's still nothing like Vanilla speed but there's been significant improvement.

Don't worry, your computer will run C2C just fine. And in answer to your question, C2C runs about twice as fast as AND.

So i just have to wait until its starts? and how its that? :confused:
and @ dangerzone

First off Welcome to CFC and trying this Great Mod, but the FIRST time you start C2C it will take between 5-10 minutes to launch, depending on your PC stats.

You don't have to sit there wondering for 10 minutes. The small loading screen should come up in less than a minute, probably. It takes somewhat longer to get to than BtS, but most of the loading of the mod happens after it shows up.

You could fire up the task manager and make sure the Civ4 BtS process is still running. If it isn't, then something is wrong. In that ccase, the most likely problem is that you are not actually patched to 3.19 (if you patched via the in-game update function then you probably aren't - it frequently fails but tells you it succeeded).

You don't have to sit there wondering for 10 minutes. The small loading screen should come up in less than a minute, probably. It takes somewhat longer to get to than BtS, but most of the loading of the mod happens after it shows up.

You could fire up the task manager and make sure the Civ4 BtS process is still running. If it isn't, then something is wrong. In that ccase, the most likely problem is that you are not actually patched to 3.19 (if you patched via the in-game update function then you probably aren't - it frequently fails but tells you it succeeded).

good point, thx.

and @ dangerzone

First off Welcome to CFC and trying this Great Mod, but the FIRST time you start C2C it will take between 5-10 minutes to launch, depending on your PC stats.

Mine takes about 6 minutes to start every time, but that might just be my laptop...

I've been trying v27 and its great. However I do have an issue. Im a wuss and like to play on Noble or Prince :) But despite the fact I do not have the option turned on that keeps increasing the difficulty if in top 5, it seems to increase anyway now and then.

Also I had a revolution and allowed the nation to be taken over as an experiment, and when it gave control back to me after a few turns, the difficulty had increased by about 3 levels.

Is there something I have set wrong?

I've been trying v27 and its great. However I do have an issue. Im a wuss and like to play on Noble or Prince :) But despite the fact I do not have the option turned on that keeps increasing the difficulty if in top 5, it seems to increase anyway now and then.

Also I had a revolution and allowed the nation to be taken over as an experiment, and when it gave control back to me after a few turns, the difficulty had increased by about 3 levels.

Is there something I have set wrong?

Alot of people make that mistake, dont feel bad. All you need to do is go into the (Lady)BUG option (Left corner icon) and look at Flexible Difficulty, and see how is it set up, thats is where i believe the options you are looking for there.

btw thx for the kinds words and playing C2C.:)

Top Bottom