Caveman 2 Cosmos

it's the year 48200 BC and everything is dark except of resources and units. is it suuposed to be like that, and does it change after prehistoric age or when I i.e. have the knowedge of maps?

Attachments

• DSC_0264[1].jpg
    DSC_0264[1].jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 140
it's the year 48200 BC and everything is dark except of resources and units. is it suuposed to be like that, and does it change after prehistoric age or when I i.e. have the knowedge of maps?
At least your guys can worship the big giant ball of light! Use PrtSc button next time if you need to show us a snapshot of whats going on. Civ has a special folder for these built in.

Same way you get any other mapsize, in the drop-down for map size on the custom game screen.

I don't see it in custom game... we can have duel map - tiny map ect.. but if i want a map smaller than a duel map but with a lot of land.. how i can do that?

I don't see it in custom game... we can have duel map - tiny map ect.. but if i want a map smaller than a duel map but with a lot of land.. how i can do that?

Like, two people and land = to a small map? just go to custom game and turn AIs to Closed on a small (or whatever) map..

or like same size map as duel, but less ocean? which you just have to choose you mapscript.. lakes, or Pangaea, or one of the advanced ones and choose the appropriate options.

Why is Nebuchadnezzar spelled "Nebuchadrezzar" in the game?

His friends just called him "Bud." He hated "Ned."

I tried, it didn't seem to work

Apparently the most fool proof solution to your problem is to unpack the FPK files. It makes the mod load a bit slower (and possibly even run a bit slower) but if you're having this much trouble with the Black Tile syndrome, its the most absolute solution available.

Apparently the most fool proof solution to your problem is to unpack the FPK files. It makes the mod load a bit slower (and possibly even run a bit slower) but if you're having this much trouble with the Black Tile syndrome, its the most absolute solution available.

It could also help (but no one will really want to do this unless they have win8, which makes it easy) to reinstall Windows. The Black Terrain bug is a firmware issue (if not a hardware one), so that could possibly help, but as I said that is an enormous pain for an average user to do in most cases.

It could also help (but no one will really want to do this unless they have win8, which makes it easy) to reinstall Windows. The Black Terrain bug is a firmware issue (if not a hardware one), so that could possibly help, but as I said that is an enormous pain for an average user to do in most cases.
Please don't add to the confusion around the black terrain issue with even more ridiculous supposed fixes.

Please don't add to the confusion around the black terrain issue with even more ridiculous supposed fixes.

Like i said its in the Units.FPK, someone that handles the UNITS will have to go through EACH and everyone of them separately and check to make sure the address' are correct.
Especially the Unique ones.

I'm not trying to add confusion, but others have said it is a really low-level issue, so at least a new graphics driver may help. And also, I haven't seen any fix that has worked for everyone, mostly it has been a few people getting the issue solved by doing something that doesn't work for others.

The only common thread AFAIK is that it is on AMD graphics chips that this happens.

I'm not trying to add confusion, but others have said it is a really low-level issue, so at least a new graphics driver may help. And also, I haven't seen any fix that has worked for everyone, mostly it has been a few people getting the issue solved by doing something that doesn't work for others.

The only common thread AFAIK is that it is on AMD graphics chips that this happens.
The solution that seems to work every time is unpacking all FPKs so likely the issue is some bad pointer stuff in the FPK handling.
And the main thing that base Civ4 or BtS never did is replacing art in FPKs with art in FPKs which is something that C2C does in around 1200 cases. So the test I would suggest is moving the 1200 files that have names that are in both the C2C FPKs and the base Civ4 FPKs out of the C2C FPKs and into the normal Arts folder structure.

The solution that seems to work every time is unpacking all FPKs so likely the issue is some bad pointer stuff in the FPK handling.
And the main thing that base Civ4 or BtS never did is replacing art in FPKs with art in FPKs which is something that C2C does in around 1200 cases. So the test I would suggest is moving the 1200 files that have names that are in both the C2C FPKs and the base Civ4 FPKs out of the C2C FPKs and into the normal Arts folder structure.

:hmm: I have never thought of that:blush:

Top Bottom