Caveman 2 Cosmos

Just as a note, I've upgraded to Windows 10 and the game works fine.

I've been on it for almost 2 months now. Just a few things to adjust to from Win 7 x64 but not overwhelming in anyway. Just wish I could disable Cortana as it can be a memory hog impo.

JosEPh

You can disable almost everything about Cortana, except the actual search engine bit.

I may update to Windows 10 at same stage. Just been having update problems with Windows 8.1 which have been preventing updates from completing...

When the coastal thing is sorted out we're good for release. But there's still a lot of xml work to do there. I'll get in and see if I can help some with what's left on that later today.

When the coastal thing is sorted out we're good for release. But there's still a lot of xml work to do there. I'll get in and see if I can help some with what's left on that later today.

I was OK with the graphics being added to v36 without any XML stuff so the map makers could add them to their maps. IE all coast acts like coast like it does now, sea and ocean act like ocean like now. However if we are adding full functionality to them then we will have to hold off on the next release for a month or two as we fix all the flow on effects and the map scripts.

I was OK with the graphics being added to v36 without any XML stuff so the map makers could add them to their maps. IE all coast acts like coast like it does now, sea and ocean act like ocean like now. However if we are adding full functionality to them then we will have to hold off on the next release for a month or two as we fix all the flow on effects and the map scripts.

Its now so much of the flow, its just the color, right now it looks like the coast/shore line spreads out into the ocean for quite a distance (but underwater) and thats just not feasible, IMPO . .Toffer said he is working on it as we speak (write, lol)

Its now so much of the flow, its just the color, right now it looks like the coast/shore line spreads out into the ocean for quite a distance (but underwater) and thats just not feasible, IMPO . .Toffer said he is working on it as we speak (write, lol)

1. All units need changing for movement rules, some seems to be being done.

2. Animal spawns and movements need to change

3. Technologies for passage need to change.

4. need to find out why Lake terrains are allowing salt improvements even though they are fresh water. This is because the land tiles next to lake shore are still classed as coastal.

5. things like 4 that apply to the new coast plots.

6. Water features and improvements.

And that is just the first tier. After that is done we can start checking for bugs.

1. All units need changing for movement rules, some seems to be being done.

2. Animal spawns and movements need to change

3. Technologies for passage need to change.

4. need to find out why Lake terrains are allowing salt improvements even though they are fresh water. This is because the land tiles next to lake shore are still classed as coastal.

5. things like 4 that apply to the new coast plots.

6. Water features and improvements.

And that is just the first tier. After that is done we can start checking for bugs.

1 & 3 is already done... I think.

But that would probably mean the Water stuff would take a month to Get everything as intended?

1 & 3 is already done... I think.

Which means we need a two week freeze before release to test it.

2. should be included before the freeze.

4 and 6 can wait for after the release, and so can 5.

4. will need new dll changes to identify land plots next to lakes as shore not coastal and expose that to python and the vicinity stuff. This can wait for after the release.

But that would probably mean the Water stuff would take a month to Get everything as intended?

Yes it does. If the graphics had been added without any XML changes then we would have been ready to go but now that they have been done we need to test everything again otherwise we are leaving ourselves open to what happened in the last couple of releases where stuff was added in during the freeze and it was broken.

Can't you use the SVN Version one before the Water Stuff, and just Redo the Fixes that Aren't about the Water Stuff?
Just giving my Two Cents,

:ack: More delay? :twitch: Sigh :(

JosEPh

:ack: More delay? :twitch: Sigh :(

JosEPh

I agree.

I was OK with the lake changes, simple to add to existing maps. But when the oceans were altered. To much extra work, for me, at the moment.

I therefore will not be adding them to my maps for some time. A lot of real world ocean research has to be done first.

So that just leaves Redwallzyl and Pit2015. Redwallzyl as far as I am aware, is creating a new map - so will probably not be updating his current map any time soon.

Not sure about Pit2015's intentions.

So as far as I am concerned - if it gets an earlier V36 release. Remove them. Then add them back afterwards to the SVN.

Top Bottom