Caveman 2 Cosmos

I have no plans to change songs. Though I remember you saying there was one in the medieval era you wanted to get rid of, which one was it?
MedievalEpicTheme (3)

hello. in previous versions v37 or early there was map FIXED_GEM_ preset_No_Custom_Civs . But i cant find it in latest version v40. can i get this map for c2c v40 from somewhere?

Another option is to create a shortcut on the Desktop.

Create one to access the bts .exe file and then change its properties so that the Target also loads the mod.

Last edited:
It loads the save automatically?
Mhm, double clicking a save launches the game loading the mod the save was made with, and then it loads that save for you.
This is as long as the beyond the sword exe is set as the default program for those file formats the saves are in. This should be default when the game is installed for most though.

Don't you have to specify that the file extension is opened with BtS by default, then configure BtS to always open with C2C, and then only ever double-click Civ4/BtS saves that are from C2C?

ETA: ok never mind, answered by ninja I guess...

Thanks, that is extremely useful, will make my testing 20% more efficient. I can also do my autotesting more easily as well combining this with the autoplay settings in the ini file.

I wrote a guide with up to date info on best practice for players using the SVN repo here: https://github.com/caveman2cosmos/Caveman2Cosmos/wiki/Using-SVN
Please add/edit if it is missing anything important. Also @Dancing Hoskuld , you might want to update the SVN thread to point here as well, currently it very out of date on the first post.
Given C2C has moved to Git, perhaps it is time for a new thread? Especially since I don't seem to be able to play at the moment. Whenever I try C2C I end up with a vision migraine (no pain just black wavy lines across my vision). This makes testing next to impossible. Hopefully it is just change of season or lifestyle and it will sort itself out soon.

It didn't set up that association for me with my save files, I tried just selecting the bts exe but it just loaded standard bts and not my save or C2C mod. I guess it needs specific command line option to load the save.

Given C2C has moved to Git, perhaps it is time for a new thread?
Doesn't bother me either way, my primary concern is that it point to the wiki rather than putting the main instructional content in the forum post, so anyone who wants to/has the time can maintain it.

Top Bottom