1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. billw2015

billw2015 King

Thanks, that is extremely useful, will make my testing 20% more efficient. I can also do my autotesting more easily as well combining this with the autoplay settings in the ini file.

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Given C2C has moved to Git, perhaps it is time for a new thread? Especially since I don't seem to be able to play at the moment. Whenever I try C2C I end up with a vision migraine (no pain just black wavy lines across my vision). This makes testing next to impossible. Hopefully it is just change of season or lifestyle and it will sort itself out soon.

3. billw2015

billw2015 King

It didn't set up that association for me with my save files, I tried just selecting the bts exe but it just loaded standard bts and not my save or C2C mod. I guess it needs specific command line option to load the save.

Doesn't bother me either way, my primary concern is that it point to the wiki rather than putting the main instructional content in the forum post, so anyone who wants to/has the time can maintain it.

4. tmv

tmv Emperor

This doesn't seem to work with the GOG version.

5. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

Do you have the game ini-configured to always load with C2C?

In my 'standard' Win7 Steam installation, the .CivBeyondSwordSave extension does not have any program to open with defined.

6. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Been a long time since I tried it now, tried it again and It doesn't seem to work with steam.
    I know it works with the CD version of the game, so I just assumed it would work the same with other versions of the game too.
    Steam doesn't like it when something other than steam tries to start the game exe...

7. billw2015

billw2015 King

So if you want to get this to work again you can do this:
    1. Run cmd.exe as administrator
    2. Create a file type for bts saves:
      assoc .CivBeyondSwordSave=btssave
    3. Set the file open command for the file type (replace the path to the exe with whatever your exe path is):
      ftype btssave="C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" "/fxsload="%1""
    As a bonus they start showing up in your recent list if you load them like this:
    Spoiler :

upload_2019-11-8_19-35-4.png

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  8. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Hmm, tried it, still get a steam specific error saying "application load error #long number code# "

9. billw2015

billw2015 King

Oh yeah sorry it isn't going to work for steam, only non steam I think. You can use steamcmd.exe to launch steam game with parameters (I set this up for the launch batch files initially) but I think it still shows a warning before launching.