Caveman 2 Cosmos

Mhm, double clicking a save launches the game loading the mod the save was made with, and then it loads that save for you.
This is as long as the beyond the sword exe is set as the default program for those file formats the saves are in. This should be default when the game is installed for most though.
Do you have the game ini-configured to always load with C2C?

In my 'standard' Win7 Steam installation, the .CivBeyondSwordSave extension does not have any program to open with defined.

Do you have the game ini-configured to always load with C2C?

In my 'standard' Win7 Steam installation, the .CivBeyondSwordSave extension does not have any program to open with defined.
Been a long time since I tried it now, tried it again and It doesn't seem to work with steam.
I know it works with the CD version of the game, so I just assumed it would work the same with other versions of the game too.
Steam doesn't like it when something other than steam tries to start the game exe...

So if you want to get this to work again you can do this:
  1. Run cmd.exe as administrator
  2. Create a file type for bts saves:
    assoc .CivBeyondSwordSave=btssave
  3. Set the file open command for the file type (replace the path to the exe with whatever your exe path is):
    ftype btssave="C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" "/fxsload="%1""
As a bonus they start showing up in your recent list if you load them like this:
Spoiler :

upload_2019-11-8_19-35-4.png

Last edited:
Oh yeah sorry it isn't going to work for steam, only non steam I think. You can use steamcmd.exe to launch steam game with parameters (I set this up for the launch batch files initially) but I think it still shows a warning before launching.

I have a question about barbs. I haven't played with this option for a while because last time it seemed like the barbarians were always so much further ahead then everyone. Like me and the AI would be building canoes and the barbs would have caravels and frigates. They always seemed to be 1 or 2 eras ahead of everyone.

I have a question about barbs. I haven't played with this option for a while because last time it seemed like the barbarians were always so much further ahead then everyone. Like me and the AI would be building canoes and the barbs would have caravels and frigates. They always seemed to be 1 or 2 eras ahead of everyone.
There are some events that create barbs more advanced, naval spawning events mostly. I believe normally they are generally stuck to the progress of the leading civs.

Anyone else think the "hostile takeover" message needs getting rid of. It could be replaced with:
"[corp2] has bought out the premises of [corp1] in [city]."

Hello. First of all, I want to thank you for all your efforts on this mod. I play it since early times of the mod and really enjoy it.

I have an issue with the latest update. The issue is about unit textures. When units are active, textures have no problem. But when i fortify units, the texture of the unit changes to something else. For example; when my Hunter is selected its texture is looks good but when i fortify it, its texture changes to Spearman texture. Is this a known issue? There is a solution for that? Other than that issue, everything runs smoothly. I was playing ver 38 before. There are some cache files i need to delete?

I hope I can find a solution here because i really love this mod. Thank you again.

(Sorry if my English is not good)

Hello. First of all, I want to thank you for all your efforts on this mod. I play it since early times of the mod and really enjoy it.

I have an issue with the latest update. The issue is about unit textures. When units are active, textures have no problem. But when i fortify units, the texture of the unit changes to something else. For example; when my Hunter is selected its texture is looks good but when i fortify it, its texture changes to Spearman texture. Is this a known issue? There is a solution for that? Other than that issue, everything runs smoothly. I was playing ver 38 before. There are some cache files i need to delete?

I hope I can find a solution here because i really love this mod. Thank you again.

(Sorry if my English is not good)
Use at least medium render quality - low render quality can cause display bugs.
Also uncheck Animations Frozen, Effects Disabled and Low Resolution textures too.

Those are in graphic options.

Texture changes, or the entire model changes?
There issues will happen, if certain options are enabled.
It looks more like entire model change.

To change them in main menu you click on "advanced" and then on "options".
Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2020-01-06 17-11-51-96.png

Low Render Quality will break some graphics, just like selecting those three options will mess up stuff.

When playing game you can click on computer icon on top right, and then click on "options" button.

Last edited:
Use at least medium render quality - low render quality can cause display bugs.
Also uncheck Animations Frozen, Effects Disabled and Low Resolution textures too.

Those are in graphic options.

Only Animations Frozen were checked and after unchecking it, problem is solved. Thank you very much. :thanx::thanx::thanx:

Texture changes, or the entire model changes?

These are the diffirences. Left one is fortified (False texture), Right one is selected (True texture).

false texture(unit fortified).jpg true texture (unit selected).jpg

For future reference: its not just the texture (texture is just the coloration), its the model (the actual 3D shape of the unit) that is changing AND the texture.

Hello, I've a question regarding the Great Farmer. It used to be able to place any bonus anywhere on the map, however, in my current game (I use the Large Space Map scenario) I can see that the great farmer can place different bonuses depending on the tile you send him to. Is this intended, or a bug? If so, what's the logic behind it (e.g., are the available bonuses random, or somehow dependent on terrain type)?

Hello, I've a question regarding the Great Farmer. It used to be able to place any bonus anywhere on the map, however, in my current game (I use the Large Space Map scenario) I can see that the great farmer can place different bonuses depending on the tile you send him to. Is this intended, or a bug? If so, what's the logic behind it (e.g., are the available bonuses random, or somehow dependent on terrain type)?
This is intentional - available resources depend on terrain, features and latitude.

This is intentional - available resources depend on terrain, features and latitude.
Thanks for the info!

Is it possible to find the source of this logic somewhere? I mean, to at least be able to calculate placement instead of hovering over every tile? Maybe it's somewhere in configuration files?

Thanks for the info!

Is it possible to find the source of this logic somewhere? I mean, to at least be able to calculate placement instead of hovering over every tile? Maybe it's somewhere in configuration files?
Look at bonus infos in terrain folder

Top Bottom