1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

Firstly, slavery should be over when the player (or their civ) says so, and not before. However, that's an argument for another time, because I already said this is post-slavery.

Secondly, feudalism is unlikely to be completely over. There are half a dozen or more feudal civics so it's likely that almost everyone is still running at least one.

Even conceding that diplomacy should be what they're about, what's your ETA on that? Currently they have no diplo function whatsoever. Furthermore, many of them are barbs/rebels (enemy combatants/insurgents lol), with whom diplomacy does not apply.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Same thing really. Nothing to distinguish the 2. However, at some point, perhaps leaving them as nearly useless but giving you a mission option to give them back for some diplomatic bonus might be worthwhile, though I don't think our diplo system is nearly granular enough. Might be something you can do to reduce your own war weariness a little, by showing your people you are merciful to your foes. Maybe. Maybe you could get a mission that could have some random potential for deriving some espionage from the nation they came from - assuming we can somehow track the nation they came from... we might not at the moment. I thought I did make them recall that somehow.

How would you want to differentiate POWs and Military Captives?

3. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

Can someone please help me with what I need to make Mission Reward units buildable. I gave them a cost (locally) but not only can I still not build them but this cost does not even show up in-game. I compared their unit xml to some standard units but if there's a (relevant) difference I couldn't spot it.

ETA: Never mind, working now. Clearly I did something silly the first time...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

I did not see anything in the change log but I assume since Big_Cats, DeerRider and Llama have been moved that they have had all the little inconsistencies fixed and I can remove that from my to do list.

There used to be a file in Caveman2Cosmos that I could click on to start the game. It has gone. Why?

edit There used to be an option to turn on/off the progress bar tick marks. Where is it now so I can turn them off?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  5. Fermongu

Fermongu Chieftain

I would love to remove tick marks too

6. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

You should use github - I even tagged you in one of these threads....
    Your changes will be overwritten by github, when we push it to SVN.

@Thunderbrd or @alberts2 or @billw2015 looks like write access wasn't removed from SVN.
    That is we still can commit to SVN, not just c2cappveyor, that commits things from github to SVN.

Should we remove all translations and translation support from mod, so you can't use anything else except English language? :joke::sarcasm:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  7. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

We'll just put his changes onto git, that way they will not be reverted in revision 11041.

Osk21 likes this.
  8. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Done.

I'll push those to SVN to see if automation wasn't broken.

EDIT: Thing worked correctly.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    billw2015 and Osk21 like this.
  9. evrymetul

evrymetul Chieftain

I noticed that a lot of herd animal buildings found within zAnimals_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml don't have any requirements while a few require TECH_ANIMAL_HUSBANDRY. Is this an oversight or intentional? If its an oversight, here's a file with all the missing requirements for herd buildings filled in with TECH_ANIMAL_HUSBANDRY.

Attached Files:

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Intentional. Some are domesticated animals and the others are not.

Osk21 likes this.
  11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog