Caveman 2 Cosmos

@raxo2222,
Please! I never had it selected in the 1st place! I have experienced this off and on for many years and many C2C versions BUT not on all of them. I have not had this come up since v37 when SO was still actively modding. And it is Always because someone made a commit that had their Voice Capture On ie Checked. Usually from someone that plays MP.

And I would bet that if every modder that has made a commit for the v40 release would show their Voice Capture Set Up (on the screenie you posted) 1 or more of them have it On.

And having it ON when you make a Commit (especially when we all used the SVN) it would cause this problem. I have posted about this problem for years.

@raxo2222,
Please! I never had it selected in the 1st place! I have experienced this off and on for many years and many C2C versions BUT not on all of them. I have not had this come up since v37 when SO was still actively modding. And it is Always because someone made a commit that had their Voice Capture On ie Checked. Usually from someone that plays MP.

And I would bet that if every modder that has made a commit for the v40 release would show their Voice Capture Set Up (on the screenie you posted) 1 or more of them have it On.

And having it ON when you make a Commit (especially when we all used the SVN) it would cause this problem. I have posted about this problem for years.
Do you realize, that changing this option for everyone would require committing extra file?
File responsible for this is outside of mod, so its impossible to commit it and change someone else settings.

Also many more settings would be changed randomly if someone committed that file if it was possible to do that.

Last edited:
@raxo2222,

It's never been the reason it happens though. It just does it. The SVN update MIGHT have something to do with that, but no because of what's in the SVN or who updated it. It's been happening to me forever which is why I got the inibuddy program, only to find out it no longer is compatible for us. The fact is it just spontaneously resets the config file every now and then and yes, it's been doing this for a very long time, I think from before the SVN was even in use but hmm... maybe it was the SVN that started making it happen somehow - oddly not all the time. The config file settings aren't located anywhere in what is reported to the SVN or other settings would get switched over to some crazy stuff we've never seen it reset to based on what other folks would've had established - for example, I only recently realized you could set the mod to directly load when opening civIV if you set it up to in the config file but Raxo has had it that way for years and it's never automatically changed over to that for me either. So we're not inherriting each other's settings from the commit. Another thing that happens here is that when it does reset, you can't just go in and fix it right when you've loaded the mod, even if you see it's taken place. You have to load a game and save it then you get all the options. It's like numerous options aren't even there and available to be redefined right away, which I find strange.

Maybe there's something in BUG or python that causes this but I haven't had the problem in a while. Maybe working through GIT I don't get the problem anymore. Maybe upgrading from Win 7 I stopped having the issue. I don't know... never could figure out the real culprit, but I can say with confidence it's not anyone's settings when they made a commit. That's just a false conclusion that seemed like a good possibility for a while.

@Thunderbrd , @raxo2222 ,

Wish now I had not said a damn thing about it. Crickey it always turns into a circus.

Why? Just trying to make sure you understand the issue.
I know. It's just the added comments and the overkill explanations.

Sorry I even brought it up as a nitpick. I should Know better after all these years. :p

Sorry I even brought it up as a nitpick. I should Know better after all these years. :p
Don't worry, there are people younger than you, who barely know how to operate computer much less how to modify something in game, or how to upgrade their computer, or reinstall things.

We just like to correct people, if they say something incorrect.

I was thinking openly on the subject so might've gotten carried away. I was adding my observations and was hoping it might help someone who knows some things I don't make some potential connection as to what might really be happening. Wasn't all for you nor was it any kind of browbeating intended.

I'm quite sure there's a major bug taking place in the See Invisibility type AI fulfillment. It's only supposed to have a dog or two, not some 40. I haven't looked into what's wrong there but I do know from other reports that there's a major issue in that.

We know there are major issues with stack composition in general but this is a severe current and immediate bug and I've put it on our issues lists in Git.

Last edited:
I have been a Player since Civ 2 and NOTHING beats this Mod!!! I LOVE IT!!!
After playing this mod, I can't stand playing Civilization 5. It feels too rushed and unfinished compared to this mod.

@strategyonly I'm currently reworking all sound effects (some are too loud or long) and there are some that I would like to change because they are of low quality, or don't make sense.

Are there any sounds that you would like me NOT to change? I ask because I know I'd dislike having a sound that I am used to listen for +10 years to suddenly change.

Does that include tech quotes? Some are really bad quality, like sacrifice cult, and theirs quite a few that are just far too long for no reason.

I know that fire brigades are too loud for certain (i think it's fire brigades), and something rocket related is too loud and too long, but i don't know what building that one is tied to.

@strategyonly I'm currently reworking all sound effects
Definitely the "Zoroastrianism/Kemetism has spread" sfx as well as the Library of Nineveh wonder movie need to be reduced in volume. Though like ssmage said, are the tech quotes included in the sound effect rework? If not, I could offer to go through and record an era at a time, though I suppose I'd have to figure out which 'Ding!' sfx to use, as there appears to be several.

Yes quotes included, thing with quotes is that to change them you either need a narrator with a good voice and proper recording equipment, or make it through a text to speech program (like what happens in Prehistoric Music for example).

If not, I could offer to go through and record an era at a time, though I suppose I'd have to figure out which 'Ding!' sfx to use, as there appears to be several.

Don't worry about the ding, if I get narrations I will edit it in. There is no uniformity to dings anyhow.

EDIT: Though I feel on a first stage, before any recording is done, is to go through all the quotes and see if they aren't too long and see if they make sense for the tech in question.

Though I feel on a first stage, before any recording is done, is to go through all the quotes and see if they aren't too long and see if they make sense for the tech in question.

Definitely makes sense. Is there a better thread or location to discuss these than here?

Top Bottom