1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. billw2015

billw2015 King

Yeah. I added a tag on there for this release already. It should be a couple of lines of code to search for newer ones, github has a web api for doing it.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Cool! Go for it!

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Another small nitpick, whomever in the last couple of commits to the Mod has had the Voice Capture Option On. We went thru this several years ago when SO would post a new versions.

So for those of us that did not have it On it tries to turn it on and then gives an error msg that the proper device could not be found. Then you have to click thru 3 of these popups to get rid of it. Please! when you make a commit to Git, Please make sure your Voice Capture setting is turned Off. Again Please!

4. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

This is vanilla BTS setting.
    Vanilla settings are not saved in random mod folders.

To disable it unselect "enable voice chatting"
    Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2019-10-15 16-46-38-99.png

Sometimes those settings reset for absolutely no reason.
    This may happen, when you shut down game when it is loading.

You can also turn it off in vanilla BTS ini (_Civ4Config)
    ; Enable voice over IP capture and playback
    EnableVoice = 0

I wonder if he's capable of making sure, that BTS ini file never gets corrupt.
    For example he could force exe to detect, that ini file was reset or corrupt, and then replace with backup, that game always create.
    civilizationIV.ini is in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

@raxo2222,
    Please! I never had it selected in the 1st place! I have experienced this off and on for many years and many C2C versions BUT not on all of them. I have not had this come up since v37 when SO was still actively modding. And it is Always because someone made a commit that had their Voice Capture On ie Checked. Usually from someone that plays MP.

And I would bet that if every modder that has made a commit for the v40 release would show their Voice Capture Set Up (on the screenie you posted) 1 or more of them have it On.

And having it ON when you make a Commit (especially when we all used the SVN) it would cause this problem. I have posted about this problem for years.

6. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Do you realize, that changing this option for everyone would require committing extra file?
    File responsible for this is outside of mod, so its impossible to commit it and change someone else settings.

Also many more settings would be changed randomly if someone committed that file if it was possible to do that.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It's never been the reason it happens though. It just does it. The SVN update MIGHT have something to do with that, but no because of what's in the SVN or who updated it. It's been happening to me forever which is why I got the inibuddy program, only to find out it no longer is compatible for us. The fact is it just spontaneously resets the config file every now and then and yes, it's been doing this for a very long time, I think from before the SVN was even in use but hmm... maybe it was the SVN that started making it happen somehow - oddly not all the time. The config file settings aren't located anywhere in what is reported to the SVN or other settings would get switched over to some crazy stuff we've never seen it reset to based on what other folks would've had established - for example, I only recently realized you could set the mod to directly load when opening civIV if you set it up to in the config file but Raxo has had it that way for years and it's never automatically changed over to that for me either. So we're not inherriting each other's settings from the commit. Another thing that happens here is that when it does reset, you can't just go in and fix it right when you've loaded the mod, even if you see it's taken place. You have to load a game and save it then you get all the options. It's like numerous options aren't even there and available to be redefined right away, which I find strange.

Maybe there's something in BUG or python that causes this but I haven't had the problem in a while. Maybe working through GIT I don't get the problem anymore. Maybe upgrading from Win 7 I stopped having the issue. I don't know... never could figure out the real culprit, but I can say with confidence it's not anyone's settings when they made a commit. That's just a false conclusion that seemed like a good possibility for a while.

raxo2222 likes this.
  8. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

@Thunderbrd , @raxo2222 ,

Wish now I had not said a damn thing about it. Crickey it always turns into a circus.

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Why? Just trying to make sure you understand the issue.

raxo2222 likes this.
  10. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I know. It's just the added comments and the overkill explanations.

Sorry I even brought it up as a nitpick. I should Know better after all these years. :p

11. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Don't worry, there are people younger than you, who barely know how to operate computer much less how to modify something in game, or how to upgrade their computer, or reinstall things.

We just like to correct people, if they say something incorrect.

Osk21 likes this.
  12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I was thinking openly on the subject so might've gotten carried away. I was adding my observations and was hoping it might help someone who knows some things I don't make some potential connection as to what might really be happening. Wasn't all for you nor was it any kind of browbeating intended.

Osk21 likes this.
  13. Uriel246

Uriel246 Chieftain

I think the AI have some some problem with army compsitions... Is this normal?

PS: Yeah im the last :crazyeye::crazyeye: don't judge me :lol::lol:

Osk21 and MattCA like this.
  14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'm quite sure there's a major bug taking place in the See Invisibility type AI fulfillment. It's only supposed to have a dog or two, not some 40. I haven't looked into what's wrong there but I do know from other reports that there's a major issue in that.

We know there are major issues with stack composition in general but this is a severe current and immediate bug and I've put it on our issues lists in Git.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Osk21 and Uriel246 like this.
  15. Osk21

Osk21 Barbarian Killer and Beast Trainer & Solar System!

starting a New Game. The Neanderthals got my Capitol City! Crap!

billw2015 and Thunderbrd like this.
  16. Osk21

Osk21 Barbarian Killer and Beast Trainer & Solar System!

I have been a Player since Civ 2 and NOTHING beats this Mod!!! I LOVE IT!!!

colonelflag and MattCA like this.
  17. irishhombre

irishhombre Warlord

After playing this mod, I can't stand playing Civilization 5. It feels too rushed and unfinished compared to this mod.

colonelflag likes this.
  18. KaTiON_PT

KaTiON_PT Emperor

@strategyonly I'm currently reworking all sound effects (some are too loud or long) and there are some that I would like to change because they are of low quality, or don't make sense.

Are there any sounds that you would like me NOT to change? I ask because I know I'd dislike having a sound that I am used to listen for +10 years to suddenly change.

irishhombre and Snofru1 like this.
  19. ssmage

ssmage Warlord

Does that include tech quotes? Some are really bad quality, like sacrifice cult, and theirs quite a few that are just far too long for no reason.

I know that fire brigades are too loud for certain (i think it's fire brigades), and something rocket related is too loud and too long, but i don't know what building that one is tied to.

20. Blazenclaw

Blazenclaw Chieftain

Definitely the "Zoroastrianism/Kemetism has spread" sfx as well as the Library of Nineveh wonder movie need to be reduced in volume. Though like ssmage said, are the tech quotes included in the sound effect rework? If not, I could offer to go through and record an era at a time, though I suppose I'd have to figure out which 'Ding!' sfx to use, as there appears to be several.

KaTiON_PT likes this.