1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. margolloxx

margolloxx Chieftain

I'm sure that is true to some regard.
    The thing here is very similar to irony in general and that is in textform it can be hard for the other person to understand it and when two people argue about the folder being ".../caveman2cosmos" or ".../caveman2cosmos/caveman2cosmos/caveman2cosmos" then it can't be denied that it really looks like someone is trolling here.

anyways, still like the progress of the mod. keep it up! :thumbsup:

2. grekaus

grekaus Chieftain

played the SVN version that was advised, here is the visual bug, in the stack there are 3 units but only 2 are highlighted, there have been no emissions yet, but I have not played for a long time
    upload_2020-8-4_12-7-41.png

3. shkitur1

shkitur1 Chieftain

Hi. I found that city defense bonuses does not work in latest version 40.1
    for example tribal guardian has bonus +200% city defense, but no additional health bar appears.
    upload_2020-8-4_13-6-9.png

also my archer has city garrison 3 promotion, that gives +75% city defense and his native bonus +50% city defense, together it ia +125% city defense. but additional health bar upon archer that stay in city is very short. it shows only bonus from city 13% but not archer's abilities and promotions.
    upload_2020-8-4_13-6-57.png
    defense bonuses dont work also in forts, wooden palisades, etc.

but defense bonuses for terrain works good. for exapmle axeman with woodsman 2 promotion has additional health bar when stay in forest

upload_2020-8-4_13-7-23.png

in previous versions city defense bonuses were displayed correct.
    for example tribal guardian
    upload_2020-8-4_13-8-2.png

Attached Files:

4. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Disable health bar in graphical settings - its useless.
    It never was supported.

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Are you trying to show a bug by there only being two units in the selection group?

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

And it won't because it's only a measure of the HP of the unit, not the strength total. The strength total is reduced by the same % as the HP is diminished, however. And HP can be, at max, higher or lower than 100 while the health BAR assumes a full health is 100. There IS some small measure of increase/decrease in the overall size of the bar based on max strength of the unit, but that's not going to be adjusted by any situational bonuses, just the actual total unit strength at max itself.

I mean, let's put it this way, and I think its the way Rax put it, HP and STR got much much much more complicated in C2C and those complications were never really updated for the health bar in full. Some updates were done but they seemed to confuse the situation further - the mystery of how the health bar is generated and maintained was never fully cracked in the coding. So it may well just act crazy now.

7. grekaus

grekaus Chieftain

look more closely in the lower left corner it is clearly written that there are 3 units in the stack

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Oh, I see... yeah that is funny. @Toffer90 : This ball is definitely in your court I think.

9. grekaus

grekaus Chieftain

could it be related to screen resolution?

10. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Huh, I'll look into it when I get time.
    Highly unlikely

11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Why did you feel the need for this?

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It's a good idea isn't it? Helps to reduce (mostly late game) massively high amounts of stored gold.

13. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

1. A natural protection against hitting the integer overflow value, and it is very light code without a performance hit.
    2. Reduce the "Too much gold" scenario without impacting the game much when gold amounts are normal.
    3. Incentive to hurry cost or trade with gold, as your fortune lose value if it isn't invested into anything.
    3.1 This makes the hurry cost inflation mechanic more significant than it currently is for most players.​
    4. Makes sense that there's a maintenance cost for stockpiling riches, needs to be protected against thievery.
    4.1 The treasury national wonder could perhaps reduce the treasury upkeep cost rather than providing the huge amount of income it currently does.
    Anyhow, I pitched the idea briefly to TB 4-5 days ago, he liked the idea, so I went ahead with it.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I think we did suggest to post here to let Joseph know though. :)

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

So the National Treasury when you achieve it will compound this effect as long as the Treasury is not obsolete.

I just got back from a 3 day trip to Missouri (where I was born) to find my Grandfather and Great Grandfather's graves (father's side). Grandfather died when dad was 4.

16. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Reduce rather than compound, perhaps it shouldn't obsolete, or at least not obsolete until it's replaced by a better alternative that reduce the treasury upkeep expense more than it does.

Just to be clear, no building affect the new treasury upkeep atm.

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Is there any in game (late game play) proof it does what is claimed?

Yeah I got what I wanted to say backwards. Senior moment. :p :old:

18. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I have a save where the player has 3.8 million gold in treasury and earning 80 000 gold per turn on 100% research, with the new treasury upkeep he only earn 40 000 gold per turn. So I'd say it helps as it was the biggest expense for the player in that save.

When units get higher upkeep the more advanced tech that unlocks them, the expense side of things will start to even out the huge income possibilities in C2C, but I still think income has to be curbed some for late game, some buildings provide too much income at that point.

19. jherek79

jherek79 Chieftain

Somehow I made a dot map location with 3 rings. Anyone know how I did it?

upload_2020-8-17_12-16-58.png

20. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

shift+x changes the size, I added that functinality around a year ago, I didn't exactly inform the public very well about it though.
    I intend to add in more shortcut information to the player in-game.