Caveman 2 Cosmos

The oldest know phonetic alphabet is from around 2000-1800 BC, called Proto-Sinaitic\Canaanite script, and was based on Egyptian hieroglyphs.
So would that put our tech roughly in the right zone on the tech tree or is it way off based on that?

I noticed something yesterday that I need to document with screen shots. The perceived problem is when you now place a city on Research. The Research bar does not react now. Not like it used to do. Before If I placed my Capitol or oldest cities on Lesser Research or Research you could see the bar advance. Now it does not.

Like I said I will get screenshots to show what I'm talking about.

I noticed something yesterday that I need to document with screen shots. The perceived problem is when you now place a city on Research. The Research bar does not react now. Not like it used to do. Before If I placed my Capitol or oldest cities on Lesser Research or Research you could see the bar advance. Now it does not.

Like I said I will get screenshots to show what I'm talking about.
I'll have the research bar refresh whenever the top of the work queue changes.
In PPIO I made the city screen faster by removing the huge amount of unnecessary UI refreshing, but this particular case isn't unnecessary.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Hi all! It's been a while since the last time I played this amazing mod and I've seen that there are tons of new content. I see that the last update is from February so I would like to know if there are plans for a new release in the foreseeable future so I can know whether try the current version or wait for the next one.

Thanks for the amazing work guys!

Hi all! It's been a while since the last time I played this amazing mod and I've seen that there are tons of new content. I see that the last update is from February so I would like to know if there are plans for a new release in the foreseeable future so I can know whether try the current version or wait for the next one.

Thanks for the amazing work guys!
Latest stable version while is very good, its saves won't work on next release.
So if you want latest stuff and no broken saves for next year or two, try SVN: https://github.com/caveman2cosmos/Caveman2Cosmos/wiki/Using-SVN

Hello all.
I have been playing in c2c for 2 weeks already. But today morning when I ran c2c and load my save I saw that I have no interface in the game. It looks like I press Alt-i. Also setting window does not oppen. Nothing happens when settings button press.

I have "Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete" located on j:\games
I have reinstalled the game, also I have checked out the latest version of c2c from https://svn.code.sf.net/p/caveman2cosmos/code/trunk (mod location: "J:\games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\")
Original game works fine.

There is an error in PythonErr2.log:
_core import failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "<string>", line 52, in load_module
File "CvEventInterface", line 24, in ?
File "CvEventInterface", line 19, in getEventManager
File "BugEventManager", line 97, in ?
File "CvEventManager", line 12, in ?
File "CvScreensInterface", line 8, in ?
File "CvMainInterface", line 7, in ?
File "HandleInputUtil", line 2, in ?
File "InputData", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named _core

could someone help me to resolve this issue?

PS: Also who knows where Civ4 stores state of environment? I mean "show grid" feature and the same.

@Robespier this means game lost access to its user settings files.
Rightclick on user settings folder in caveman2cosmos, and click on properties and uncheck "read only"
Also you must run game as admin.

@Robespier this means game lost access to its user settings files.
Rightclick on user settings folder in caveman2cosmos, and click on properties and uncheck "read only"
Also you must run game as admin.
It does not help. :(
Also there is no user settings folder in caveman2cosmos folder.
upload_2020-9-12_15-43-19.png

Also the folder in user profile "C:\Users\<User>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\" I have deleted several times and it recreates again and again.

I played yesterday, and everithing was fine. I have closed application by Alt+F4 saved the game previously. After this I turned off the computer. Today morning I ran 2 games for couple of time after that I started C2C.bat as usual and got this problem.
I'm trying to say that only one way how I could broke the game was yesterday evening, when I was closing the game. Is it possible that I pressed some buttons ocasionally, before pressed Alt+F4, and turned on some feature which prevent game works fine?

I still can not finde a place where Civ4 stores turned on features. As example the feature "Show grid" (Ctrl+g) is turned off by default but I always play in Civ4 with this feature. And now I see this feature is on, despite I deleted settings in user profile, reinstall the game and mod.
I want to clean this place and hope it could helps. But I still dont know where it is.

Last edited:
I played yesterday, and everithing was fine. I have closed application by Alt+F4 saved the game previously. After this I turned off the computer. Today morning I ran 2 games for couple of time after that I started C2C.bat as usual and got this problem.
I'm trying to say that only one way how I could broke the game was yesterday evening, when I was closing the game. Is it possible that I pressed some buttons ocasionally, before pressed Alt+F4, and turned on some feature which prevent game works fine?

I still can not finde a place where Civ4 stores turned on features. As example the feature "Show grid" (Ctrl+g) is turned off by default but I always play in Civ4 with this feature. And now I see this feature is on, despite I deleted settings in user profile, reinstall the game and mod.
I want to clean this place and hope it could helps. But I still dont know where it is.
I guess you didn't read, that you need to run game as admin.

I created a new user in the system and logged in. It helps me to find additional store where the game store some data. It is C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\
But when I logged in system as my primary user and tryed to run the game all works fine. The issue is obsolete now.

:) I think it is the best suggestion for every cases:

Bug report:

Stories - Bugs cannot be built by Subdued Desert Tarantula but can be built by Subdued Jungle Tarantula. This seems like an oversight instead of deliberate design choice and it should probably be buildable by both types. Subdued bugs are so rare, to begin with.

Oh this is latest SVN - 11223

SVN 11224
Removed an old unused civic mechanic that caused anarchy turns when increasing the tax level.
  • As much as 10 turns for going from 100% research to 0%, it's scaled by gamespeed, so around 100 turns of anarchy on longest gamespeed. (Toffer)
Thank you!

Top Bottom