Caveman 2 Cosmos

Version v42 released!

Will do some fanfare stuff tomorrow ;)

For now, follow the links to ModDB in the Player's Guide or at the beginning of this thread.

Last edited:
He intentionally prefers this link: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/caveman2cosmos.15324/ as this way it tracks downloads on forums, so delete link you posted, and my link leads to it anyway.
Ah, I didn't actually click it, so I thought it's outdated (as it SAYS about itself).
Sorry, just wanted to help those who can't wait, loool.
Though, it's basically the latest SVN, right?
So I wouldn't gain anything from downloading it?
Most probably (like, makes sense), but just asking.

Ah, I didn't actually click it, so I thought it's outdated (as it SAYS about itself).
Sorry, just wanted to help those who can't wait, loool.
Though, it's basically the latest SVN, right?
So I wouldn't gain anything from downloading it?
Most probably (like, makes sense), but just asking.
That link directs to main MODDB page - that is all relatively recent Moddb releases

That link directs to main MODDB page - that is all relatively recent Moddb releases
I know it now, but I didn't click it at first, and READING it looks as if it's outdated.

Anyways, another question:
I don't exactly recall, but is the mod version reflected somewhere that has to be updated?
Like, scenarios or something (I checked some, and it doesn't seem to be the case, but is that right)?

I know it now, but I didn't click it at first, and READING it looks as if it's outdated.

Anyways, another question:
I don't exactly recall, but is the mod version reflected somewhere that has to be updated?
Like, scenarios or something (I checked some, and it doesn't seem to be the case, but is that right)?
I should mark my latitude modmod as one working with V42 and discard one for V41 :D

One of the CivGamecore Dll files is returning a false positive based on "reputation" (similarity to infected file data, but nothing proven) for Norton (and likely other) AV's, FYI - there's probably nothing that can be done except for filing a notice with them.

One of the CivGamecore Dll files is returning a false positive based on "reputation" (similarity to infected file data, but nothing proven) for Norton (and likely other) AV's, FYI - there's probably nothing that can be done except for filing a notice with them.
Is it the .dll.core file or the .pdb file?

I should remove the.core file anyhow. It's an old method and doesn't need to be there.

As Raxo informed me earlier, I should probably have started with a completely fresh checkout and there's a few other cleanup tasks here so we'll be looking at a likely immediate re-release tomorrow, no biggy for players unless you are getting hassled by this kind of thing.

As Raxo informed me earlier, I should probably have started with a completely fresh checkout and there's a few other cleanup tasks here so we'll be looking at a likely immediate re-release tomorrow, no biggy for players unless you are getting hassled by this kind of thing.
I thought you always do SVN from scratch when preparing for moddb release :D
So seeing random files there was surprise.

I thought you always do SVN from scratch when preparing for moddb release :D
So seeing random files there was surprise.
I should have... SVN is cool with updates since it removes what updates previously removed things too - but yeah,this was an unversioned file that was in there from an ancient debugging effort and it must've been a long time ago because I don't remember the last time I tried accessing a mini. Ah well, I'll do it from scratch later tonight along with the FPK stuff I'd forgotten would need to be packed before packaged.

v42 rereleased
4/30/2022

The upload on ModDB has been updated with a few cleanup steps that were missed previously. If you are playing an MP game with someone else and need to keep your version EXACTLY the same as theirs, you may need to re-upload if they are getting a clean v42 now. Otherwise, if you already have v42, this is not too critical to update yourself with.

v42 rereleased
4/30/2022

The upload on ModDB has been updated with a few cleanup steps that were missed previously. If you are playing an MP game with someone else and need to keep your version EXACTLY the same as theirs, you may need to re-upload if they are getting a clean v42 now. Otherwise, if you already have v42, this is not too critical to update yourself with.
You could keep it named 42.0, oh well.

You could keep it named 42.0, oh well.
I didn't change the name at all because so far as I know we haven't really updated in any meaningful manner since the update and I just updated the download data on the existing download links in moddb - this was just following your more in depth preparation 'rules', which I now understand better... it seemed a bit convoluted at first what they were trying to say to do back then but it's making sense now.

I didn't change the name at all because so far as I know we haven't really updated in any meaningful manner since the update and I just updated the download data on the existing download links in moddb - this was just following your more in depth preparation 'rules', which I now understand better... it seemed a bit convoluted at first what they were trying to say to do back then but it's making sense now.
Name of file "Caveman2Cosmos_v42.1.7z " instead of "Caveman2Cosmos_v42.0.7z"

Last edited:
Name of file "Caveman2Cosmos_v42.1.7z " instead of "Caveman2Cosmos_v42.0.7z"
I really didn't want to even give people who've updated already the feeling they should go out of their way to update over this. Therefore I kept the file the same name - that said, if it DID change then it was something ModDB did to distinguish it for itself somehow. On my end the file is in my system as a replacement of the original with the same name AS the original. (Without anything after v42)

EDIT: Interesting - looks like ModDB DID distinguish with its own .1 added. Huh. Guess it doesn't want to let devs create a silent update that goes completely unnoticed. lol.

I really didn't want to even give people who've updated already the feeling they should go out of their way to update over this. Therefore I kept the file the same name - that said, if it DID change then it was something ModDB did to distinguish it for itself somehow. On my end the file is in my system as a replacement of the original with the same name AS the original. (Without anything after v42)
Ah so it was moddb doing that

Ah so it was moddb doing that
Yeah, just looked at it from the customer facing side and it does appear that it was an automatic moddb thing.

Top Bottom