Caveman 2 Cosmos

Quick question: It's 1932 now, Turn 3779 of 8000 and the AI has thrown well over a hundred nuclear bombs and started with BBMs ....at what point does nuclear winter/global warming set in?
I believe it was disabled from the game - we had turned that feature over to air pollution response factors and then found our balance was off and it was triggering too hard and fast and until we could rebalance it we turned it off there as well and it was never relinked to nuclear events in any way since then. We then got grand ideas about how to handle global warming and cooling and started work on that and the project didn't complete and was likely later erased as an incomplete set of fragmented code since it wasn't fully turned on and debugged. Obviously it should eventually be re-considered.
So while I'm waiting for an answer as to why there's no permanent problem from turning the planet to ash somehow, I've got another question:

Would a possible problem solution for the AI building units completely stupidly not be to make every unit a national unit with limit 15? First of all it would give much greater weight to units, make fleets more interesting and mean that you cannot solve all problems everywhere all the time by bombarding the cities with units to keep the problems down. Suddenly outlier cities of your empire are forced to endure higher crime rates etc...
There are numerous necessary fixes being worked on. Making every unit a national unit would definitely cause more problems and harm than help and there are numerous reasons for that - AI stacks often won't activate until they've grown to what you might think is a crazy size (there's quite a large random variable as to what makes a stack complete with a certain need.) When stacks CAN'T activate and consider themselves built and prepared and ready properly, they can then just stay frozen and useless.

I believe it was disabled from the game - we had turned that feature over to air pollution response factors and then found our balance was off and it was triggering too hard and fast and until we could rebalance it we turned it off there as well and it was never relinked to nuclear events in any way since then. We then got grand ideas about how to handle global warming and cooling and started work on that and the project didn't complete and was likely later erased as an incomplete set of fragmented code since it wasn't fully turned on and debugged. Obviously it should eventually be re-considered.
I would very much love for climate change (little ice ages, nuclear winter, global warming, etc.) to be integrated into C2C. It would compliment the very nice terrain damage and exhaustible resources options.
I did look into how it could be theoretically modeled a few years ago but it turned out far more complicated than I could manage.

Good day to You all. I have a question;

can i somehow disable cultural heroes units? In my opinion they are overpower full.
Thanx in advance.

Good day to You all. I have a question;

can i somehow disable cultural heroes units? In my opinion they are overpower full.
Thanx in advance.
This is a weird request, and I also quite disagree with it, unless you play without Merging.
More often than not, Merged units grow stronger than Heroes quit fast.
For one, they benefit from Might bonuses increasingly with Merging levels, unlike non-Merging Heroes.
Merging increases unit Strength by x1.5 per Merge, which quickly makes them already easily stronger than contemporary Heroes.
And the +1 of Might promotions also gets multiplied the same way, so a Thrice-Merged Classical Era unit is x4 stronger AND gets +4 Strength per first few Mights - that's a huge bonus.
Add a General on top of it for more XP and some specific promotions - and your Hero will get wiped by such a unit with as much as a pinky.

I will admit that without Size Matters, heroes can quickly become rather merciless nightmares in terms of balance.
Which is why I pointed out how it's the reverse in the opposite case.
And this once again ties into the ages-old question of "which sub-mods to use and not", lol.
I only don't use stuff related to sieging, because it's annoying to always drag tons of catapults with you everywhere, or you can't capture even the otherwise weakest cities.

I will admit that without Size Matters, heroes can quickly become rather merciless nightmares in terms of balance.
Only so far into a game w/o SM. Once you hit Ren Era they start to de value. I never have a problem with Heros ruling the game in Basic (Ie Non SM) play.

Only so far into a game w/o SM. Once you hit Ren Era they start to de value. I never have a problem with Heros ruling the game in Basic (Ie Non SM) play.
They have only been included so far into the tech tree so, yes, after WWII there are no more concerns with them for now. Also, I've only seen the truly imbalancing results when playing PVP - that guy from Brazil in our last game showed me how they can be built to be absolute whole nation killers that cannot be countered. (Mostly - you know I figured out how to work with it - I was about a round away from likely taking out a couple of them and had just taken his primary army down despite them when he... disappeared/quit/whatever happened.)

I was just today thinking of you old friend. How have you been? Hopefully having a great Christmas?

@Thunderbrd, I am aging well LOL. Will be 72 come February.

I see you have started your own Business! Congratulations! May you Be Blessed in your coming and your going.

I am hoping, by spring, to have my own entry level Band sawmill and start a custom wood business, making slabs and lumber. The lumber will start for my own personal use. But hopefully if the slabs sell good enough I can purchase the land I want to put the sawmill on permanently. I also hope to get oldest son and grandson involved so I can pass the business over to them at the right time.

Be Blessed! Remember Jesus Is LORD and the Reason for this season. God Is Absolutely GOOD! :D

@JosEPh_II : 72 is a good age really. A lot of guys are starting to retract at that point but if you're out embracing life and activity like you sound by launching a custom wood business, you'll be staying healthy for some time to come so that's really a great thing. Hopefully your progeny do get as excited as you to get that up and going - that would be quite a neat achievement for a family effort.

I figured that a marketing company would make a great basis for anything else I'd want to do like C2C and such - an awesome platform to start from to master the art of making other people and companies successful so you can then have the network of skills and tricks to do the same for everything we'd want to do under the sun from there. The network of professionals I'm developing here is quite incredible. The thing is really finally taking off slowly and I'm finally officially bringing on my first contractor on paper this weekend as she helped me to get another few clients and is doing most of the work for them that I've trained her to do. This kind of growth stage is like the final pushes out of the birthing canal and I've got big plans for what I need to get done here in the next 4 day break where I finally have some time to dedicate to some things I haven't been able to address that should setup for a lot more. The business has been in development for about a year and a half but I've been feeding from a larger entity's trough as a freelancer for them mostly and that's looking like it's about to fade off as I start raising my own brand more directly.

Anyhow, 'Project: get rich so I can hire up and direct a paid dev team to make the C2C vision fully come true' is coming along nicely. It's good to have goals.

Merry Christmas to all!

1703448404056.png

Say cheese cavemen!
1703448473198.png

WHEN IS THE NEXT SVN COMING OUT??? I THINK I'M GOING TO NEED MORE RAM, A BIGGER SSD DRIVE, AND A HIGH-POWERED INTEL MICROCHIP IN MY CUSTOM BUILT, BISCONTI of ROCKFORD, DESKTOP COMPUTER!!! DOES EVERYONE ALWAYS WATCH THE PRESIDENTS, STATE of the UNION ADDRESS or WOULD YOU PREFER TO TALK TO THE POPE OR SIT IN ON A UNITED NATIONS COUNCIL MEETING??? GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

Hello, I just recently downloaded v43, but I can't seem to locate the abandon city option under demolition. Has this been moved or am I experiencing an issue? I thought it might not be listed because the city was still in revolt after being captured, but I waited until that was done and checked again and it still wasn't there. Then I went to one of the cities that I founded and it wasn't there either.

Hello, I just recently downloaded v43, but I can't seem to locate the abandon city option under demolition. Has this been moved or am I experiencing an issue? I thought it might not be listed because the city was still in revolt after being captured, but I waited until that was done and checked again and it still wasn't there. Then I went to one of the cities that I founded and it wasn't there either.
Check your game options (or start a new game to check what you have set). There are several now that control city demolition - from "always" to "never", so you probably have it at "never".

Check your game options (or start a new game to check what you have set). There are several now that control city demolition - from "always" to "never", so you probably have it at "never".
How did you reach the Deity Level??? I like VERY LONG Games where i go completely through the TECH TREE and EXPLORE SPACE. I have NEVER been SUCCESSFUL on a GAME Higher than WARLORD...

Attachments

• OskMayDay May 7, AD-1771.CivBeyondSwordSave
    9.2 MB · Views: 8
How did you reach the Deity Level??? I like VERY LONG Games where i go completely through the TECH TREE and EXPLORE SPACE. I have NEVER been SUCCESSFUL on a GAME Higher than WARLORD...
That's for my COMMENTS count on the forum, lol. I have 2k+ (you can see this on the left: MESSAGES: 2213), so the site bot names me accordingly.

On the other hand, I always use precisely TWO game difficulties and precisely TWO game speeds: MIN and MAX.
Any and all of my games that I've ever played on C2C (as far as I remember) were ALWAYS combinations of either of Eternity/Ultrafast and either of Settler/Nightmare - and NOTHING ELSE.
LOOOL!!!

And... well, it's quite possible (or WAS possible) to win a Nightmare game (even without Natural Wonders in vicinity) - though it's HARD, indeed.
Probably helps having Barbs for "hammer fodder", lol.
But this has recently (like, last year) made way too annoying due to the turn lag that... kills the FUN of the actual game, let's be honest.
This has nothing to do with difficulty - it just turns the gaming PROCESS into a long and boring WAITING CHORE... which I'm clearly way too tired of already, so I stopped even trying.
But I've HAD won (so to speak, in practice it means "clearly dominated the local map") a MAX difficulty game in the past, that's a FACT.

In fact, HERE's an old save of me doing PRECISELY THAT:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...el-personal-modmod-edit.678800/#post-16333257
I suggest checking out the entire thread, though I linked to the post that proves the concept.
Enjoy and do even better yourself, loool!

That's for my COMMENTS count on the forum, lol. I have 2k+ (you can see this on the left: MESSAGES: 2213), so the site bot names me accordingly.

On the other hand, I always use precisely TWO game difficulties and precisely TWO game speeds: MIN and MAX.
Any and all of my games that I've ever played on C2C (as far as I remember) were ALWAYS combinations of either of Eternity/Ultrafast and either of Settler/Nightmare - and NOTHING ELSE.
LOOOL!!!

And... well, it's quite possible (or WAS possible) to win a Nightmare game (even without Natural Wonders in vicinity) - though it's HARD, indeed.
Probably helps having Barbs for "hammer fodder", lol.
But this has recently (like, last year) made way too annoying due to the turn lag that... kills the FUN of the actual game, let's be honest.
This has nothing to do with difficulty - it just turns the gaming PROCESS into a long and boring WAITING CHORE... which I'm clearly way too tired of already, so I stopped even trying.
But I've HAD won (so to speak, in practice it means "clearly dominated the local map") a MAX difficulty game in the past, that's a FACT.

In fact, HERE's an old save of me doing PRECISELY THAT:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...el-personal-modmod-edit.678800/#post-16333257
I suggest checking out the entire thread, though I linked to the post that proves the concept.
Enjoy and do even better yourself, loool!
Thank you, Sir!!!

Top Bottom