[SCENARIO] Caveman2Endless (toroidal)

Why this map has WW II leaders, when game starts in Prehistoric?
Why should there be ancient leaders when the game goes into the far future? This is part of the civilization flavor ever since [civ1], and the leaders in this game are immortal anyway.
Also I would prever 7 civs, each for different continent-culture
No problem, you can just choose the civs you want in your game in the setup screen.
Edit: Sorry, didn't see that this was a special scenario. But if you go that way, you have no interaction between civs for a very long time.

Why should there be ancient leaders when the game goes into the far future? This is part of the civilization flavor ever since [civ1], and the leaders in this game are immortal anyway.

No problem, you can just choose the civs you want in your game in the setup screen.
Edit: Sorry, didn't see that this was a special scenario. But if you go that way, you have no interaction between civs for a very long time.

1. Because you start in prehistory.
Alternatively there could be most important countries of today with some famous leaders. Third Reich and USSR on map isn't very timeless.

2. I think I can edit directly this map.
Just need to create map with selected options and players and copy its non-terrain configuration

BTW start time was moved to 200 000 BC

Last edited:
It would be cool. I do not perfectly master the toolkit :(

I trivial do not know how to set random civilizations on the preseted positions :(
Well this is plain XML file, that you can touch outside game.
I can only change preset civs or add new, no idea how to make randomly generated/selectable in game civs.

North American culture:
Aztec, Iroquis, Maya, Native American, United States

South American culture:
Brazilia, Inca, Jivaro, Tupi

Europe:
Celts, Denmark, Engeland, French, German, Greek, Holy Roman Empire, Dutch, Portugal, Rome, Russia, Spanish, Viking

Africa:
Carthagian, Egypt, Ethiopia, Mali, Zulu

Middle East:
Assyria, Arabia, Babylon, Byzantine, Hittie, Israel, Ottoman, Persia, Sumeria

Asia:
China, India, Japan, Khmer, Korea, Mongolia, Siamese

Oceania:
Aboriginal, Australia, Maori, Polynesia

Last edited:
Well this is plain XML file, that you can touch outside game.
I can only change preset civs or add new, no idea how to make randomly generated/selectable in game civs...

I know about this. A random position can generate them on mars or jupiter, I checked. If you just want to change a civilization or leaders - it can be done through a file. Add better through the editor. The current ones are interesting to me personally, i did it "for me" :)

I know about this. A random position can generate them on mars or jupiter, I checked. If you just want to change a civilization or leaders - it can be done through a file. Add better through the editor. The current ones are interesting to me personally, i did it "for me" :)
Wel I would like today most influental countries in each culture category like:
USA, Brazil, Russia, Egypt, Arabia, China and Australia.

Or pick prehistoic seven for example:
Native Americans - Indians, Tupi, Celts, Mali, Hittie, Khmer and Aboriginal.

Or we could have them both.

Planet Generator allows you to override map size - biggest size you can pick is 256x160.

Smartmap (custom map script) is even more generous - it allows you to have map size up to 512x512, width and height can be adjusted indepedently.

So you can replace 512x512 map with branespace and create your own universe :mischief:

Last edited:
Planet Generator allows you to override map size - biggest size you can pick is 256x160.

Smartmap is even more generous - it allows you to have map size up to 512x512, width and height can be adjusted indepedently.

So you can replace 512x512 map with branespace and create your own universe :mischief:
And using Caveman2Cosmos on a map that large you will never get past Ancient era before the MAFs shut you down. The Civ IV BtS engine is only a 32 bit engine single core. So most of these "I would like" requests are really not going to happen.

Even though we still have Gigantic as a Map option for the maps for C2C, we as the Team do not recommend it's usage. But players will use it anyway, even if it crashes on them.

512x512 is way beyond gigantic BTW.

Gee, I would not have guessed.:p :rolleyes:

raxo, our Current map makers are Toffer90 and Harrier and maybe pepper2000 with TPEHEP on this modmod. AFAIK none of these map makers can do multi-maps. And I believe ThunderBrd our lead Modder has responded to you about this subject. Has he not done so? What else can we do for you?

:shake: :deadhorse:

512x512 not possible in this ancient game, but wonder if 512x50 (or height smaller than 50) could work - basically Standard/Huge sized map for pre-space gameplay and rest of it is space.
Also deleted my posts, as it went too oftopic.

Caveman2Endless map is 200x120. That is 24 000 tiles - a gigantic map.
I don't see problem in map being 400x60 (or values close to these - double width half height - homeworld doesn't even have to be Earth)
Or 512x48 (that would be slightly bigger than gigantic (576 tiles more), but still total area would be similar to that of map with space terrain here) - height between small and standard.
(512x40 would be bit smaller than current map with 20 480 tiles)

Smartmap (one of map scripts, not to be confused with mythical multimaps) allows you to generate map of nonstandard size. Also here you can set no bonuses/features/goodies/lakes/rivers to be generated so you almost have oceanic blank map, where you can create your stuff.

Spoiler :

Here is quick and dirty transformation of CavemantoEndless map in paint (pic in op post):

400x60 - still Gigantic area but nonstandard size. Can be stretched bit more to 512x48
Notice how its 2x longer and 2x thinner than original.

200x120 - this is gigantic map!

Last edited:
I modified your scenario to have one civilization.
First its realistic, as its before great migration at 200 000 BC, and such scenario would be good for tests.

Image is from wikipedia

Isn't here options, that allows barbarians to settle into city, turn into minor civ and finally into full fledged one?
This way your competitors would create themselves.
That would simulate your population "leaking out" :mischief:

Edit: Made it no preset civs.
Some civs spawned on other planet >.>
Also map doesn't have sea tiles...
So preset civs doesn't work - they spawn outside Earth sometimes
Here is my variantion of this map (using latest SVN and peppers modmod):
http://imgur.com/a/uD8xa
That map contains single civilization placed in Africa and possibility for barbarian cities to spawn.

I created map with different player configuration:
Egypt, Babylon, Greece, China, Aboriginals, Native Americans, Inca.
That one could be used for actual gameplay.

/trivia
These maps use less than 1.5 GB on start.
Map size is 200x120 - Gigantic and Earth size is 60x120 - effectively size between Large and Huge with its 7200 plots.
Map size pace modifier is Gigantic, diffuculty and speed are Noble/Eternity, but these can be changed.
/endtrivia

On map with 7 civs Asian (China/Aborigens) and American (Native Americans/Incas) civs are relatively spaced.
Mediterraen civs (Babylon, Egypt and Greece) are fairly close to each other.
http://imgur.com/a/0melh
Added stone bonus near each starting civ and moved one of natural wonders away, so Egypt doesn't get free cash instantly.
Removed random trails left from original player configuration.
Removed unnedeed barbarian/animal pseudo civs from map files - game makes them automatically.
Player configuration is now as pristine as it can be - removed unnedeed entries in team/player section. Also removed revealed tiles and units.
Revolutions and barbarian civs are are off by default.
Here is example.
Spoiler :

BeginTeam
TeamID=0
ContactWithTeam=0
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=49
ContactWithTeam=49
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
BeginPlayer
Team=0
LeaderType=LEADER_SHAKA
CivType=CIVILIZATION_ZULU
Color=PLAYERCOLOR_LIGHT_YELLOW
PlayableCiv=1
MinorNationStatus=0
StartingGold=0
StartingX=134, StartingY=57
RandomStartLocation=false
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
Team=1
LeaderType=NONE
CivType=NONE
Color=NONE
ArtStyle=NONE
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
Team=49
LeaderType=NONE
CivType=NONE
Color=NONE
ArtStyle=NONE
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer

This is for preset civs.
There shouldn't be any units or revealed tiles on map.
So if you want to update map you should copy somewhere safe your team/player entries and get World Builder Save Cleaner to remove units and tile reveals.

Here we can see founded cities. http://imgur.com/a/vf2OS

Attachments

• EndlessExploration - 7 Cultures.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    2 MB · Views: 168
  • EndlessExploration - No Competition.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    2 MB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Cool. Perhaps you should create a new topic for this map? And then no one will see it.
Well for now Pepper is merging his mod, so I'll post it in separate thread, when merger is complete even though his mod doesn't have c++/python - double XML entries may cause bugs.
For now only his techs and bonuses are here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom