CBob04 Achtung Panzer!

Sasquash... I think its your turn now :)

ohhh... ok ill look at the save today... will probably play soon

Hit Enter- Before I do I turn down the lux & science Slides.

IBT- :sleep:

Turn 1 - Move Warrior 03 East. Move warrior 02 south. we also meet the Vikings! :evil:

IBT- Berlin Builds a settler & starts on a warrior (4) Also Lipzieg builds a worker & starts on a settler.

Turn 2- Move the warriors Ect. other than that: :sleep:

IBT- :sleep:

Turn 3- :sleep: Move units & stuff...

IBT- Iroquoi Conscript Warrior dies to a barb :)

Turn 4- Also Check Iroquoi... they have Iron Working, The Wheel, Masonry, & Ceramonial Burial over us... thats not good!

IBT- We get a WArrior in Berlin & leave him as a gaurd.

Turn 3- :sleep:

Turn 4- :sleep:

Turn 5- :sleep

Turn 6- :sleep:

Turn 7- We Build Hamburg Next to the spices & start a warrior (10)

Turn 8- :sleep:

Turn 9- :sleep:

Turn 10- :sleep

Units:

Warriors: 3

Workers: 2

Cities: 3

Gold: 49

GPT: +7

Writing in 7 :)

Pictures & possible spots:

sry... The Upload system is down so I cant post the save...

Hey Tad, use the other upload system, you access it through the manage attachment feature on the advanced reply page. It looks like this:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Germans.jpg
    Germans.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Spots.jpg
    Spots.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 170
  • Cbob_Germans_Tad_2150_BC.SAV
    64 KB · Views: 123
There we go... I hope I got it right :)

Not had a chance to really look at the save; been busy with other things, Civ3 included.

Roster:
Tad Empire_0_o - just played
ThinkTank - UP!
Cerenkov - on deck
CommandoBob - warming up
TheOverseer714
Sasquatch

Friday is fine.

I'm very very sorry but cannot make it today, please skip me.

How is the weekend looking? Or even Monday?

EDIT:
I see that in SGFN-04: Ragnar for Secretary-General! you won't be available until the end of next week, so a skip is fine.

Revised Roster:
Tad Empire_0_o - just played
ThinkTank - skipped
Cerenkov - UP!
CommandoBob - on deck
TheOverseer714 - warming up
Sasquatch

Okay, what do you guys think of Tad's dotmap? We have a settler coming off of Berlin in one; I'm leaning towards Tad's pink or green spots.

You mean Orange? I think Orange is good with Wheat and Wines, either spot would need an aqueduct in the future anyway. That Wheat would make it a good worker pump, and we need workers.

Pre-turn: Running CivAssist II and WordPad

Cities: Berlin (3): Grows in 1, Settler in 1
Leipzig (2): Grows in 7, Worker in 8
Hamburg (1): Grows in 7, Warrior in 7

Civilian Units: 2 Workers, 0 Settlers
Military: 3 Warriors
MP: 0

Vikings and Iroquois are up Masonry, Wheel, CB, IW
Mongols are up Wheel, CB, IW

We are paying the Mongols 3 gpt for the next 10 turns.

Science is at 10%, Lux is at 10%

Next turn.

TURN 1: Berlin Settler -> Granary. Send settler towards Tad's orange dot.
Workers complete mine next to Leipzig. MM Leipzig and begin road to Hamburg/spices

IBT: Warrior scout reveals that Iroquois have roaded Ivory. MW + AC will = bad news for us

TURN 2: Lower lux slider. Warrior scout sees coast to east of Iroquois lands.

IBT: zzz

Turn 3: zzz

IBT: Chinook barb appears to the SE of Hamburg. If he decides to sack the city, there's nothing we can do about it.

Turn 4: There is a complete natural line of demarcation consisting of swamp, jungle and desert between our region and that of the Iroquois.

IBT: Another Chinook barb appears W of Hamburg. There must be a camp down there. Hiawatha has given Ragnar 160 gold, so they both must have either HBR, Maths, or Mysticism. No way to tell.

Turn 5: Switch Berlin to Archer and send Warrior in the east towards suspected camp location. Workers have finished a road segment; I retract them to Leipzig. Found Konigsburg on the coast.

IBT: One of the Chinook warriors sacks Hamburg, taking 22 gold. Dammit. The other forts on a mountain. Berlin Archer -> Settler. Leipzig grows to 3; Settler in 1.

Turn 6: Raise lux slider to 10%. Warrior heads west and Archer south. Move workers out of Leipzig.

IBT: Chinook heads NW. Hamburg has a warrior due in 1 and he will not be able to sack. Leipzig Settler -> Worker.

Turn 7: Hamburg Warrior -> Worker. Send Settler towards Overseer's light green dot. With barbs on Raging, I do not feel comfortable sending him into a region not partially encircled by German holdings, even though I'm pretty sure there's a Chinook camp in that general direction. Lower lux slider.

IBT: Chinook forts on hill outside of Hamburg.

Turn 8: I dispatch Archer01 to dispatch of the forted barb. Scandinavia is disgustingly rich; I wonder if it's from throwing their weight around or from tech brokeraging?

IBT: Berlin riots- oops! Chinook heads towards my archer. This means he is no longer forted.

Turn 9: Adjust lux slider. Archer01 kills the offending barb. Still no sign of their camp; could they have been wanderers or hut barbs? See a light-green border to the North, near the Vikings; this must be the Mongols. I suspect that we are on a continent with these three.

IBT: Kongisburg Warrior -> Worker.

Turn 10: zzz

IBT: zzz

Turn 11: CB can be had for 88 gold from Ragnar, 87 from Temujin, or 82 from Hiawatha. All other visible techs can be had for all our gold plus 3 to 6 gpt.

IBT: Leipzig Warrior -> Worker

Turn 12: Found Frankfurt on the banks of the Danube.

I pause here for a moment to talk strategy. Writing will come in in 20 turns on minimal, or 13 turns researching full-out. The AIs have a big tech lead on us, but none has Writing yet. Do we want to continue on minimal, or increase research? I would propose maybe buying one low-level tech to reduce our net worth; this could serve to prevent the AIs and barbs from taking our hard-earned 130 gold.

This is us:

Also, we now have a port. Should we consider building curraghs?

Attachments

• 1725 BC.JPG
    1725 BC.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 120
Normally, only the first set of turns is 20 turns long and then the other turns are 10 turns each. But, since we didn't tell you that, no harm done.

It is a good time to talk strategy, but it is too late (after midnight local time) for me to do that and make myself understood. :D

Top Bottom