CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility

I've been using v8 with events disabled in addition to the full Vox Populi + Community events. Should I re-enable the events from this mod with v9?

Yes, you absolutely have to in version 9. Otherwise, version 8 is still available but unsupported.

Is v9 for the latest beta or will it work right back to the latest stable release?

Both nevertheless.

So how does this work with the latest beta? DOes having two sources of events make things weird? I love this idea though...

So how does this work with the latest beta? DOes having two sources of events make things weird? I love this idea though...

I'm using this with the latest beta, and everything works perfectly gameplay-wise from what I can tell. There are now 2 separate UI popups for the different mods' events, but that's not an issue, imo, just a thing that happens lol.

I'm using this with the latest beta, and everything works perfectly gameplay-wise from what I can tell. There are now 2 separate UI popups for the different mods' events, but that's not an issue, imo, just a thing that happens lol.

hah, ok, will give it a try next game

I've been trying to play with the options in the .lau file (in v.8) but they don't seem to do anything. Are they disabled or am I doing something wrong? Ex. no matter what I set the "turns between events" to, I only get one about every 60 turns or so (on marathon mode).

If they were disabled, do they work now in v.9?

I've been trying to play with the options in the .lau file (in v.8) but they don't seem to do anything. Are they disabled or am I doing something wrong? Ex. no matter what I set the "turns between events" to, I only get one about every 60 turns or so (on marathon mode).

If they were disabled, do they work now in v.9?

They're disabled now. If you're looking on how to have more events, you'll have to go into the CP's Event file.

Sorry if this is a stupid question... but which file am I supposed to find that in? Looking in (1) Community Patch\Modules\Events\Player\Choice, but not sure exactly how to change the global cooldown (I do see what looks like specific cooldowns for each individual event though, but I could be reading it wrong, I'm not much of a modder myself).

Thanks!

GameEventsTable.xml in CoreTables with
Code:
	<Defines>
		<!-- Minimum amount of time between any two events for Players/Cities. Scales with Gamespeed. Does not affect counters (i.e. cooldowns will still reduce),
			but prevents events from firing during this time. If you set IgnoresGlobalCooldown true for an event, it will ignore this. -->
		<Row Name="EVENT_MIN_DURATION_BETWEEN">
			<Value>10</Value>
		</Row>
	</Defines>

Trying this out for the first time and enjoying it so far, I quite like the Good/Bad stuff, any (well thought out) mod that adds immersion flavor is a plus for me.

However, Persia's got a Unique Decision that lets me spend Gold for the right to build Cataphracts. Its a fun idea to give a civ somebody's else's unique, but its way too much early game Gold merely for the right and some exp. It weirdly increases every turn, not sure the formula, but right now its 1971 (marathon) Gold. I could buy three and a half regular Horseman for that number, or almost five Immortals

Sorry for the stupid question in advance.

When I put it in my assets/dlc/MP_MODSPACK_3-9_EUI/mods folder, I do not see the event button in the game.

When I put it in my documents/.../mods folder, I cannot activate it because it wants dependencies.

So help me please, how exactly to use this one?

You need this file if it wants the dependencies. If it still wants more, then you must have not have all the CBP versions.

I guess I have something bigger wrong, because even now that I have built some I can't enact Persia's Satraps decision either. I can enact the Cataphract one when I have enough Gold, but the price is still going up every turn.

Ok so I have a third update. I was able to enact the Satraps decision the exact turn I finished building my twentieth Satrap. Nothing else strange happened that turn that seemed like it could be the trigger.

Ok so I have a third update. I was able to enact the Satraps decision the exact turn I finished building my twentieth Satrap. Nothing else strange happened that turn that seemed like it could be the trigger.

Oh I see the problem, it's a missing tooltip. It requires that all your cities need the satrap's courts. I'll fix that in the next version.

Oh I see the problem, it's a missing tooltip. It requires that all your cities need the satrap's courts. I'll fix that in the next version.

I still had 2 or 3 cities without one completed, does it just stop counting at a certain number? Or maybe it only counts founded cities? Can't remember if it was my last my founded city or not that built the one that enabled decision. Could have been tho, I have a little not great city that exists only to connect my homeland to my Carthaginian lands, the former Carthaginian cities easily could have finished first. I guess that's prob it, only founded cities count.

(Should add here that I barely played Vanilla and don't really know if the in-all-cities mechanic has always worked this way)

Finally, for a warmonger, essentially +1 happiness for every city more than makes up for the Cataphract decision being close to useless (at least with this weird deal with the gold cost constantly increasing.)

And unrelated, do all religions have the enough faith for a free Great Prophet decision that Islam has? Or did I get lucky in my choice of my conquest? I know the pantheon decisions are similar/the same.

Top Bottom