• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

CC1 SG: Emperor of the Ancient World

Okay guys, here's the scoop:

We bought Chivalry, Navigation, and Chemistry from various sources, and discovered Printing Press by ourselves (haven't yet checked to see if we can pimp that one out). I currently have our one scientist in Corinth studying at Democracy.

I vetoed some projects: Sparta does not need a harbor, but we did need another caravel. I currently have it building a barracks, allow that to finish but don't build anything else but units in that town, and only build military units when you've bled sparta down to size 5 or below. Other than that, nothing but workers and settlers until we reach the point where we're saying "you know, we've got a lot of workers sitting around and doing nothing".

We do NOT need to be building settlers in our capital, though. I switched the settler to a university, and am currently having it build a knight. We need to have a new unit of theirs to "fear".

The goody huts on the spice island yielded angry barbs and a deserted village, respectively.

Knossos finished its courthouse and is now finally building the Forbidden Palace. 40 turns from now all that western area will be highly productive.

The barb camp that has been plaguing Argos for Millenia has finally been dispersed, and a new town founded just southwest of it on the coast.

On the diplo front, Rome stubbornly continues to exist with its two towns, and Egypt has declared war on Babylon. Don't give in to Egyptian offers for an alliance, we wouldn't stand a chance against Babylon and Egypt would likely quit on us before it was over.

Oh, and about Babylon, I finally established an embassy there, so we now have them with all the other civs. I also sold horses to Germany for Navigation, world map, and some gold. Unless you guys think we'd stand a good chance against German cavalry, I'd refrain from selling them the matching saltpeter.

Let's just keep plugging away, folks. Of all the things we need right now, workers are probably the most urgent.

Shadow, it looks like it's your turn again.

I've been dealing with some rather monumental personal events over the past week, so if I have stalled any SG's during my absence, I'd like to officially apologize. You can now put me back on the rotation.

Okay, firstly, are you there, shadow? You've got till tomorrow to post something or you'll be skipped this turn.

Secondly, we will be running 1.21f in this game, by my turn at the latest. I would encourage you all to download it, and if you can't or won't install the patch by your turn, post to let us know and we'll just skip you until you are current.

Let's keep it up guys. :goodjob:

Sorry for my prolonged absence, a couple of drunk teenage boys got upset with my step daughter, and threw a couple of beer bottles at our windows. 1 of them managed to get threw and soaked my computer, fried it. Sorry it took so long to post here, I just had a bunch of other stuff on my mind.

Top Bottom