CCM (epic mod) preview thread

Sorry for letting you wait a little bit, but I had problems with my hard drive and now I have a new anti virus program and my internet connection is not as stable as I want it (even for this reply I had 10 breakdowns). I didn´t want to start a quiz.

Ozy is right. :) It is a new entry for the possibility to withdraw from a combat, but "withdraw" or "retreat" doesn´t sound positive enough for me, so I used a term of some wargames for an attack, that both sides can stand. In CCM the possibility to survive such an attack is massively enlarged, what is very positive not only for the new setting of the landarty, but for gameplay in general.

I want to do the civilopedia in the style El Justo created it for TCW: short and informative. So for the new units in CCM at present there is only one page.

But I wonder somewhat, that the best improvement in the units page of the civilopedia in my eyes wasn´t noticed. A hint: Look at the info about the resources. :)

BTW.: There is no harm on the CCM files, as I have an "up-to-date" back up of CCM and additionally it is installed on my laptop.

It`s time for some screenshots of my current CCM testgame. The game is on monarch level on a huge map (300 x 280), starting with 31 civs.

It´s now 1890 and there are more than a dozen strong civs remaining, that all have a chance for victory.

The French (the blue ones on the left continent) have just started an offensive with their armoured cars and Somua 35 tanks and some older Renault tanks against Germany (the grey ones).

Attachments

• 1890.jpg
    1890.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 726
  • French Offensive.jpg
    French Offensive.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 728
This is a Game of Epic Proportions with many New approaches and additions that create Wonderful Game Play and inspiration.

Awesome, Challenging and Very Enjoyable with Excellent interjected ways to use units and Game Play.

I am Sure this Game will be Enjoyed by Many Players and earn the respect and admiration it deserves as a "Top Shelf" Game that displays successful innovations and Very creative additions that are the epitome and culmination of Meritorious endeavor and Creative Thinking that allowed a Game of this magnitude to be made.

tom2050, fortunately CCM doesn´t need a manipulated exe. Especially there is no need for the No-Raze patch, as in CCM there are situations when it is necessairy for the AI to raze cities, for example to gain needed additional workers or to gain the room for a new city when a captured city is not allowed to expand over a one tile radius due to the choosen government.

I think it´s time to show some late game screenshots from my current CCM testgame. The most important first: There was no more freeze in CCM. Most of the following screenshots were done with a zoom-mouse.

This screenshot repeats the current situation in the year 1890 of the testgame with 31 starting civs on a 300 x 280 world map on monarch level. I´m playing as Germany and have just entered era 4. Germany is on the left continent in the left corner and touches the borders of France (the blue civ) and the USA (the azur civ). In the middle of my territory there is a big desert. There are still more than a dozen civs that all have a real chance for victory. I´m in the government democracy, what is possible as I can compensate a lot of war weariness with some additional religions I have got access during the game to calm down some additional parts of my population.

I just have ended a longer war with Egypt (the yellow civ on the left continent) and now great artists are giving additional culture to some conquered cities to quickly expand their borders. In the screenshots above Elvis is on stage in Elephantine. I´m lucky that I´m in democracy with no growth handicaps to cultural borders and a very high rate of assimilation, so Elvis can be used in newly conquered cities. With the government Republic (and the tendency to restrict new cities that can become concurrents) or with Fascism it wouldn´t be possible to use great artists in newly conquered cities with more than 50 % of alien population.

Some years later the French started a surprise offensive at my southern border with a lot of armoured cars and some older Renault 17 tanks. This was the start of a new long and bloody war (see the screenshot in post 222).

On the right continent I hold the city of Mosul as an outpost that I received decades earlier when finishing a conflict with the Arabs. On the screene you can see the erapecific supply unit of CCM for era 4 ( a Dodge truck).

The Dutch had their greedy eyes on this small outpost and declared war on me. Fortunately I could sign a right of passage treaty with Korea (the violett civ on the right continent) and ship 4 freighters full with tanks (amonst them my new Panther tanks) to that continent. The next screenshot shows the heavy fighting against the Dutch.

With the donated additional tech for scientific civs when entering era 4, I was later able for the first time to gain the technological lead in that game and to receive a scientific Great Leader. The following screenshot shows the eraspecific scientific great leader for era 4 in CCM (to demostrate that this all is working well in CCM).

Meanwhile the war weariness is so massive, that I must change my government. In CCM there are only two turns of anarchy for this change, but the anarchy is bloody and I will loose some population in the troubles of disorder.

The AI turntimes for CCM with full animation and no trade restrictions in the last era turns are between 10 and 15 minutes on a huge random map (300 x 280) on my old Athlon 3400, but the game is so interesting that for me it is worth it. In era 1 and 2 the AI turntimes were very short.

Attachments

• Screene1.jpg
    Screene1.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 657
  • Campaign against the Dutch.jpg
    Campaign against the Dutch.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 630
  • SGL-modern.jpg
    SGL-modern.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 657
Amigo, you forgot to post the screen shots.

Best As Ever,

Oz

No, I still had two crashes in my internet connection. They will come.

Edited: Now, after some additional crashes, all screenshots in post 228 are loaded up.

Moosezilla, this is not the last prebetatestgame, because as consequence of this testgame the settings of two governments were changed and it must be seen now, if they are not too strong.

In the following screenshot you can see something of the devastating damage of strategic bombing in CCM:

Attachments

• Strategic Bombing.jpg
    Strategic Bombing.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 2,969
Is that two improvements destroyed at once, or just two bombers bombing in really quick succession?

Regardless of that, it looks like this'll be a great mod. Been checking its thread pretty often when I'm in C&C, and looking forward to when it's ready for public consumption. Keep up the testing!

Is that two improvements destroyed at once, or just two bombers bombing in really quick succession?

Thank you for your kind words Quintillus. :) Of course it was one strategic bomber that did that damage (otherwise it wouldn´t be something special).

And as I like such comments, here is another screenshot of my bloody war against the French in 1916 when the French AI launched a counterstrike on my forces at Amiens:

Attachments

• French Counterstrike.jpg
    French Counterstrike.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 1,798
Am I really seeing government specific barracks? :D

Virote, you have a very good eye for these thingies. :)

Barracks in my eyes are one of the most powerful buildings in Civ 3. If taken in consideration, that one single building can heal up to 8192 heavily damaged units in one turn, there is no other building in Civ 3 with a production factor, that comes near to that. So government specific barracks are part of the try for a new balance of governments, while reducing the influence of waste and corruption. Different governments stand for different socities with different attitudes to military buildings. For instance in Fascism barracks are cheap and cause happiness while in other governments barracks are not available as normal buildíngs or are expensive and cause unhappiness, sometimes a lot of unhappiness. In monarchy the Royal barracks are neutral while in Theocracy there are monastries that also overtake these duties.

Suggestion: Remove Cleopatra as the Era 2 and 3 leaders of Egypt. Instead, for the Age of Discovery, use everyone's favorite Arabicized Kurd: Saladin. He was the Sultan of Egypt during the Crusades and was responsible for the construction of many Mosques and Madrassas there, and was also responsible for the spreading of Sunni Islam in that area. Industrial Egypt would be led by Muhammed Ali Pasha, who was the Pasha of (a Functionally Indpendant) Egypt. He was responsible for the modernization of Egypt in the 19th Century. I recommend that you use Shiro's Ramses leaderhead in Era 2 and 3 to represent them.

If taken in consideration, that one single building can heal up to 8192 heavily damaged units in one turn, there is no other building in Civ 3 with a production factor, that comes near to that.

Considering that 8192 units is the maximum, though, I'd be pretty concerned about who your enemy is if you had 8192 heavily damaged units! Either that or you've been doing way too much teleportation in your free time after conquering the world!

Still can't make out what that big white cloud-ish unit at Amiens is, though. Any hints on that?

Suggestion: Remove Cleopatra as the Era 2 and 3 leaders of Egypt. Instead, for the Age of Discovery, use everyone's favorite Arabicized Kurd: Saladin... I recommend that you use Shiro's Ramses leaderhead in Era 2 and 3 to represent them.

Farsight, thank you for your suggestion, especially as you added an interesting alternative. :) The problem is, I like Cleo and there must be some female rulers in CCM to fulfill the women´s quota (I hope this is the correct English term).

Considering that 8192 units is the maximum, though, I'd be pretty concerned about who your enemy is if you had 8192 heavily damaged units!

Well Quintillus, the enemy is of course the famous very talented spearman in a debug-game. :spear:
But I think I know what you mean, so I say now, that barracks can heal many, many units in a single turn. :D

Still can't make out what that big white cloud-ish unit at Amiens is, though. Any hints on that?

My guess is either: The Marshmellow Man getting ran over by the Armored Car ... Or a cloud

Yes tom2050, it is a cloud :clap: - The explosion cloud of the last of my five stukas that were located in Amiens. They were destroyed after a concentrated French tank attack that blow away my defense including a very strong Jagdpanther tank destroyer. These armoured cars with their limited stealth attack capability and high movement rate, combined with some movement boni sometimes can be very nasty.

Top Bottom