1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CCM (epic mod) preview thread

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Civinator, Sep 13, 2008.

1. georgestow

georgestow Proud to be Awesome

Will atheism be implemented, because in quite a few mods, they try to implement religion in different ways, but people never seem to add in how many countries almost completely change to atheism(by statistics).

2. Steph

Steph Multi Many Tasks man Retired Moderator

Look at Huayna Capac location.

3. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Administrator

Atheism isn't a religion, any more than theism is. I direct you to earlier discussions of this, which constitute about 50% of the threads on the entire site.

4. Ares de Borg

Ares de Borg Norman Knight

Excellent work bud! I have implemented supply shipments myself, but they have to be picked up by other units to be delivered to the capital for money.

It looks like your shipments are moving on their own, is that correct? How did you do that?

Attached Files:

5. BadKharma

BadKharma Deity

Yes in CCM shipments can move on their own. I'll let Civinator answer how he did that however.

6. rhodie

rhodie Bwana M'Kubwa

As Japan has 91 million Buddhist followers (72% of Japan’s population and as such 26% of worldwide Buddhists), it would be quite right for Japan to build the Buddhist World Religion.
    Based on Buddhism origins and present day followers, it should also be in order to be able to build the Buddhist World religion in CCM as one of the Indian, Indo-Chinese, Mongol or Korean Civilizations (in addition to Hinduism or Islam in India/Pakistan).

7. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

I'm not really in Paris. I'm really in Boston. But since my avatar is, I must be :salute:

I like the shipment idea, by the way. Maybe have truckers in the modern age ;)

8. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Hi Ares, the shipments use the reverse capture the flag option combined with automatic generated victorypoints at the gamestart. So the destination for these shipments is not the capital, but one of the victory points on the map (positioned on the starting locations of the civs). The supply shipments can move on their own with these settings, but to be delivered to capital for money, the supplyshipment in CCM also must be picked up by another unit to be delivered to the victorypoint for money.

In the screenshot showing the era 1 supplyunit, the victorypoint is guarded by an outdated warrior. His only job is to score victorypoints and to pick up the supplyunit one field before the VP, to make the money and to guard the VP again, all in the same turn.

To say this here again: This kind of trade is a great idea of El Justo, taken out from his excellent scenario AoI (where the civers can await a new improved version soon). I only made it to be useable for random maps. But the AI doesn´t use it very well. That´s why the money gained for such a supply unit in CCM was set to 25 gold. This is the same amount as if a barbarian camp is plundered. But tests showed, that this little feature motivates human players a lot, and that´s why it is worth to be in CCM. :)

Huayna Capac357, the supply units in CCM are era-specific:

For era 1 the oxen waggon, that is shown in the screenshot.
    For era 2 a horse wagon (with one horse and the unit is too big, but it seems there doesn´t exist anything better).
    For era 3 an old truck and
    for era 4 a more modern truck.

9. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

Not to get too off topic, but according to a ruling by the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, it is. But whatever, anyone can believe what they want...

10. Moosezilla

Moosezilla Grognard Warlord

Please update us on your progress. Have you solved the problems causing freeze ups? Hello?

11. rhodie

rhodie Bwana M'Kubwa

Civinator is away on some well earned leave at the moment but he should be back soon to give you all an update.:cool:

12. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

I hope the public CCM Betatest can be started this month. When the public betatest starts, you are all invited here in a special post with the until now unpublished CCM title-screen.

In my current testgame no more freezes did occur. The AI civs in CCM even in the later stages of the game seem to be tough. We are busy working on CCM. May be today we will have the 2.000 post in the non-public CCM Preopen Forum at SOC.

At present I´m also working on the civilopedia. In the screenshots attached you can see some informations about movement handicaps, stealth attack and special features of some land units.

Attached Files:

13. West 36

West 36 Can count up to 4

What are these special features, exactly?

14. Optional

Optional Deity

Check out the screenshots; they're mentioned!
    Civinator appears to have renamed some abilities, for example chose to speak about 'multiple attacks' instead of 'blitz'.

15. wolf_brother

wolf_brother King

Why do the ancient units have the unit actual abilities spelled out (airlift: yes, seatransport: no; etc) where as modern units have information that would normally be found in the description (entered service, range, etc)?

16. Ares de Borg

Ares de Borg Norman Knight

Very nice, but you should exchange that Panther. Wyrm made some nice ones.

What is "probe attack", btw?

17. West 36

West 36 Can count up to 4

I saw them, but you seem to have answered my question anyway, if it is just renaming
    Like this, I'd like to know!

18. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

Indeed, what is this probe attack? :crazyeye: Some type of enslave ability?

Tom

19. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn.

Possibly how he's renamed the multi-MP-vs.-1MP retreat during combat ability?

20. Optional

Optional Deity

Sorry West 36, I thought you simply hadn't spotted those features, as most of them are self-explanatory, but probe attack? No, I don't know that either.
    I don't think it's possible to add new abilities to the game, so it has to be an existing feature. My guess would then be that it's offensive bombard, but I'm just saying that because I like to make a guess. :rolleyes: