CCM2 Epic Mod

jlvfr, thank you very much for reporting this error in the civilopedia. :)

When the Fuso was set to the 'normal' Japanese dreadnought and Delta_Strife´s Nagato took the place of the first level Japanese superdreadnought, I have forgotten to adjust the civilopedia part of the Fuso. Now the civilopedia text for the Fuso and the Fuso (WWII) is fixed for the next version of CCM2.

Attachments

• Nagato Class.jpg
    Nagato Class.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 855
So I was confused with all the download links on that page. Found the correct and installed the dll-file, but to no use. Still crash and it might be because I do run original Conquests files, not the later Complete exe.

Problemsignatur:
Problemhändelsens namn: APPCRASH
Programnamn: Civ3Conquests122_Antal4_NoRaze.exe
Programversion: 1.22.0.0
Programtidsstämpel: 44f481f9
Namn på felmodul: StackHash_c7c0
Modulens version: 0.0.0.0
Tidsstämpel för felmodul: 00000000
Undantagskod: c0000005
Undantagsförskjutning: PCH_C2_FROM_ntdll+0x0003C8AC
OS-version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
Språkvariant-ID: 1053
Ytterligare information 1: c7c0
Ytterligare information 2: c7c0d1d5d737a848908eadc9c8f85169
Ytterligare information 3: 059b
Ytterligare information 4: 059b517f7cc01874c8102dfa3c13a53e

If anything like this could help is what the crash is about.
I am running win 8.1 and the exe-file is setup exactly as the the normal one I run. Which is Civ3Conquests_NoRaze_NCL
and yes I put the dll-file in the 32-bit catalog, and that is OK since the message earlier was about the dll-file. This one wasn't.

So lets see if this make anyone a little wiser.

Japanese unit "Type 98"

The folder is called "Type 98", but the entry in pediaicons.txt is:
#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Type 98 AA
Type 98 AA

Removing the AA seems to fix it.

jlvfr, this error was reported some time ago and is fixed for the next version of CCM2. :)

-------------------------------------------------------

The next version of CCM2 makes good progress. The combination of the mainfile for CCM2 and RARR is completed. At present I´m working to include CCM1 in that expanded mainfile, too. The combination of the three mods allows all of them to profit from the improved unit animations by Takeo and a more comfortable expansion of these mods with units and features of the other mods. Per example an upcoming scenario based on CCM now can hold RARR units like the Celtic Claymore for the Scotts without any problems. To switch between a version of CCM2 and RARR for the epic main game will be possible in the future by simply renaming some files with a text editor (p.e. the text files and some graphics files like the techtree and City View files). If a player wants to play CCM with the 16 luxury resources of RARR he can do this by simply setting those resources (or some of them) with a klick in the editor from Tech 'Hidden Reserve' to Tech 'None' (or any other tech of that mod) and another klick, changing the appearance ratio from 1. All graphics for the new setting are still set in the expanded mainfile, too.

Of course the combination of the three mods now needs much less space on your harddrive compared to having installed all three of them. CCM1 will become the CCM version for the scenario folder, allowing the start with two settlers and one worker, having in my eyes a slightly better religious system and beeing more comfortable for not so experienced modders, as here it is not needed to take additionally care of the strict connection of pediaicons entries of buildings and the graphics of the city view (as for scenarios the city view is not enabled in C3C). So in CCM1 a cathedral can be handled with the pediaicons entry BLDG_Cathedral as here no culturegroup specific graphics for the city view are needed, while in CCM2 a different civilopedia entry is needed, that is connected to culture-specific images for that building in the city view.

Attachments

• Expanded Mainfile-Resources.jpg
    Expanded Mainfile-Resources.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 724
  • Culturespecific Cathedral-buildings in city view.jpg
    Culturespecific Cathedral-buildings in city view.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:
jlvfr, this error was reported some time ago and is fixed for the next version of CCM2. :)

Drat... and good to know. :goodjob:

I have a question on mini-wonders and the things they produce (never tried this before). If I switch to Fascism, I will be able to build "Military Research Center" . If, after building it, I switch to another government, will it still produce "Early supertank" and will I be able to upgrade them?

I have a question on mini-wonders and the things they produce (never tried this before). If I switch to Fascism, I will be able to build "Military Research Center" . If, after building it, I switch to another government, will it still produce "Early supertank" and will I be able to upgrade them?

If an autoproducing SW at the end of the turninterval of the autoproduction has not access to the resource, that was needed for the construction of that building (not the resource that is needed for the unit that is autoproduced !) or is not in the demanded government that is needed for the construction, the unit will not be autoproduced in the turn at the end of the autoproduction interval.

Per example, if the city that holds the SW 'Cruiser Project" at the end of the 8-turn-interval is not in access to the resource coal, the base unit 'Hull (Capitalship)' that can be upgraded to an armored cruiser and later a battlecruiser, will not be autoproduced in that turn. If the city that holds that SW only looses its harbor, that is also a perequisite for that SW, this doesn´t effect the autoproduction of that unit, but the base unit needs a unit with the function to upgrade naval units for upgrading the autoproduced unit (that´s why I mostly gave those autoproducing SWs the barracks- or harbor function for upgrading those types of units.

In your example the SW 'Military Research Center' needs the government Fascism that it can be constructed. If you are not in government Fascism at the end of the turninterval for autoproducing the 'Early Supertank', the unit will not be autoproduced in that turn.

Units that were autoproduced follow the normal rules of upgrading. If your civ has one (or more) autoproduced 'Early Supertanks' they can be upgraded, if the city holds a building that allows the upgrading of that unit (p.e. with the 'barracks-function' for upgrading land-units) and the city is in access to resources that are needed for the normal upgrading of the unit (not the resource that was needed for constructing the SW !).

So per example for Russia the autoproduced 'Early Supertank' can be upgraded to an IS-2 and later a KV-5 tank, even when the civ is no longer in government Fascism, when those tanks will become available. If your civ doesn´t have such an autoproduced unit, of course there is nothing that can be upgraded, even if your civ has researched the needed tech for such an upgrade, as nearly all those autoproduced units are set, that they cannot be produced directly. This is also noted in the civilopedia.

Attachments

• Cruiser Project.jpg
    Cruiser Project.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 751
  • Military Research Center.jpg
    Military Research Center.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 727
  • Early Supertank.jpg
    Early Supertank.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 731
  • IS-2.jpg
    IS-2.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 790
  • KV-5.jpg
    KV-5.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 704
  • KV-5 Effects.jpg
    KV-5 Effects.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 712
The upgrade of the F-4E into the F-15J is not working...

jlvfr, thank you very much for reporting this error. :)

When the FA-18 Hornet was added, I had forgotten to reincorporate the F-15I Raam and the F-15 J back to the upgrade chain. This error is fixed now for the next version of CCM 2.

I'm playing as the Greeks on a huge map and I've reached the year 1989. But after the AI had his moves nothing happened and the game crashes. I tried several times with reloading the last save game. But the same happens every time. Any ideas why this can happen?

I tried it on a different computer and there the whole game exits after the AI finished their turn......

I'm playing as the Greeks on a huge map and I've reached the year 1989. But after the AI had his moves nothing happened and the game crashes. I tried several times with reloading the last save game. But the same happens every time. Any ideas why this can happen?

I tried it on a different computer and there the whole game exits after the AI finished their turn......

XTC, it can be, that you have run into the houseboat bug (when a civ is eliminated, but a single settler of that civ is still existing on a ship). This is a bug that was fixed by Firaxis in former versions of Civ 3, but came back with C3C (remembering me the way Firaxis brought back the submarine bug, that they had fixed in Civ 3 Vanilla). The best way to control this, is to use the multiplayer tool in the folder c3me, that is attached to the CCM2 files and set each remaining civ to be played by a human player. With this methode a single remaining settler on a ship will be revealed soon.

You can post your last save file and may be a civer who has the CCM2 files that you are playing with can have a look with that tool into your save file. I will try this, too, but I cannot promise any success, as I have the files of the next version of CCM2 on my pc and the changes and additions compared to the version you are playing, are massive.

Here is the file. Is it possible that I conquered too many cities?

Attachments

• Ruler of the Greeks, 1989 AD.SAV
    1.6 MB · Views: 138
XTC, as expected, I cannot open your save file any longer, as I have the new files of the next version of CCM2 on my pc and the old files on my pc are deleted to avoid mix-ups between the different versions of CCM2 (what would become a horror with more than 3.000 units and a completely different system of resources, a reworked system of terrain that now offers all kinds of LM-terrain and some changes in the techtree).

Is it possible that I conquered too many cities?

If you don´t play your current game with the No-city-limit-patch, that runs into memory problems with higher numbers of cities, the sheer number of cities shouldn´t be a problem, as this number is limited to 512 (for detail please read the posts at page 15 of this thread). But it can be, that you have conquered one town too much, if you were the civ that destroyed the last city of a civ, that still has a ship with a settler somewhere in the seas. In that case you should reload the save file before conquering this last city of a civ and don´t conquer it before you have found and sunk that ship with the settler.

XTC, may be you can start the multiplayer tool yourself. Before starting the loaded save file, you have to start the multitool by opening a window for starting it with alt-tab and than triggering the mp-gui exe. Enable every box that opens for each civ in the game to be played by a human player, so you have control over each civ and can see if a civ has no more cities, but a ship with a settler in the seas.

The alternative is, that a friendly civer, who has the current CCM2 files on his pc will help you by doing this procedure.

Attachments

• Multiplayer Tool.jpg
    Multiplayer Tool.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 577
You were right, Civinator. Unfortunately I couldn't get the multiplayer tool to work on my computer, tried it all day yesterday without any result so I had to wait to try it on my wife's laptop which is not always available. There I noticed it was the Maghreb which had no cities but indeed a settler on a boat. So I think I can continue now.

One minor adjustment: in the Dutch language the "i" and the "j" form one character, so the Dutch cruiser from the "Ijsselmeer Class" must have 2 capital characters: IJsselmeer Class

You were right, Civinator. Unfortunately I couldn't get the multiplayer tool to work on my computer, tried it all day yesterday without any result so I had to wait to try it on my wife's laptop which is not always available. There I noticed it was the Maghreb which had no cities but indeed a settler on a boat. So I think I can continue now.

XTC, you only can continue your game, if the houseboat and its settler are eleminated this turn. Mostly the easiest way is to switch with the multiplayer tool to the civ with the houseboat settler and to abandon both ship and settler. Of course, if you have a ship in range to sink the houseboat, this would be the best way.

minor adjustment: in the Dutch language the "i" and the "j" form one character, so the Dutch cruiser from the "Ijsselmeer Class" must have 2 capital characters: IJsselmeer Class

It´s always interesting to learn something new. :) The spelling of the IJsselmeer battlecruiser is fixed now in the next version of CCM2 - and some words to all civers, who may think ' in many of the names of French units, especially ships, the different accents are missing': IJ are normal letters, that don´t cause complications in playing the mod. Since the posts of some civers in the CCM1 thread, that Civ 3 cannot find the Atatürk leaderhead, I try to avoid all kinds of accents and special letters.

Here is the fixed civilopedia entry for the IJsselmeer Class:

Attachments

• IJsselmeer Class.jpg
    IJsselmeer Class.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 645
I picked the Maghreb as human and in that turn I let the settler commit suicide, that was enough, the boat and other unit disappeared automatically. Glad I could continue. Thanks again for your help.

I have an other question: Under the fascist government I build many Barracks (Fascism) and National Work Service. Do they still function when I change to an other government? Or can I better sell those buildings then?

Do they still function when I change to an other government? Or can I better sell those buildings then?

Both improvements work only while in Fascism. If you intend on possibly coming back to Fascism, then don't sell the improvements, cause they will already be there ready for use when you switch back.

I have an other question: Under the fascist government I build many Barracks (Fascism) and National Work Service. Do they still function when I change to an other government? Or can I better sell those buildings then?

Government specific buildings are only working, if the civ that owns that building is in that government. It is not always the best strategy to sell those buildings when you are switching to another government, as the barracks are again available to that civ when it switches back to that government. Per example, if you switch to government Democracy, the Fascist barracks in all your cities are gone, but if you have troubles in that government with war weariness, than it can be useful to switch back to Fascism - and than all your barracks (Fascism) that you have built, are available again, to give all those warmongering civs the response, that they deserve.

Edit: Crosspost with Takeo :)

Thanks for the advice, Takeo & Civinator. I will keep those buildings. War weariness can be indeed become a problem.

Top Bottom