CCM2 Epic Mod

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Tsubasanut, your No Raze Patch in combination with the fixed graphics of the civilopedia seems to work! :clap:

Here is a screenshot showing the first turn of SOE started with a normal exe. Germany razed 4 Polish cities (Don´t be distracted by the blue colour of the ruin graphics. In SOE I use those graphics for other purposes):

The second screenshot shows turn 1 of SOE again, but this time started with your exe:

The German AI again conquered many Polish cities, but this time none of them was razed. It seems your patch is working! :hatsoff:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  2. Tsubasanut

Tsubasanut Chieftain

I'm glad it works, and props to Skyer2 for that. I just meticulously transferred all his changes on new version.
    I'm pretty interested to see how it works, so maybe its time to start learning some debugging skill.

3. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Hello Tsubasanut... Seems this is a Breakthrough and can be a help for Modders. Congratulations on this accomplishment.

4. clamel

clamel Prince

I tried out your Antal-patch included in this latest version of CCM. I still play the old CCM and went over the "finish" end just to see how everything developed. It's a big map and up to the test of this patch I used one of the older ones. The one with NoRaze, No Unit and NoCity Limit. When I put the Antal exe in it stopped any more city develop so I say it could be a factor in your mod if played too long and on big maps.
    Since I got my save still going, (like to dominate the world) I could easily try out any new patch made now and see if it holds up on adding new cities.
    The patch you got running in this new CCM included that city close to each other and that will increase the citites enormous if played too long, so I think the added feature of NoCityLimit would be crucial. At least for blokes like me trying to see how those last Techs runs with those new units.

Glad if I could help with testing such a patch.

5. Tsubasanut

Tsubasanut Chieftain

Hi clamel. Any help will be appreciated.
    The new patch here include Antal+NoRaze+NoCityLimit. Civinator is still testing it. If you can check if NCL is working correctly - that will be great.
    I remember someone on forum was writing something about still encountering 556 city limit with NCL fix, but i don't remember the details.

Wow, thanks. But i really just merged the work of other people on the latest official exe, so it is not a major achievement. Now looks like i need to really do something...

6. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Tsubasanut... Still Great you are helping out here... and Looking forward to your next achievement :goodjob:

7. XTC

XTC Warlord

It is getting more strange. As you admittedly said the great artist isn't allowed to work in my civ I give the artist an other task: to explore. As expected he wasn't any good at it because after his first move he was attacked by a Turkish unit. I heard "to be or not to be" and saw him die, then I heard it again and saw him again falling dead, he did it even a third time! So it were 3 units in one!

A few turns later my lawyer was attacked by a Turkish unit, he survived with only one hitpoint left and I got the message that I got a great artist. I moved the great artist to a city in need of culture, pressed the 'get culture'-button and gained ZERO culture points!

Attached Files:

8. Civinator

Tsubasanut, here is the second result of my test of your patch, this time concerning the enlarged number of cities on the map. I chose a large map, starting with a normal exe playing in Debug Mod the next version of CCM2 (so don´t be surprised to see here some new resources on the map) and set it the following way:

In the first turn all 31 civs on the map (including my own civ) were allowed to found their capitals. There are now 31 cities on the map. In the next turn I added in Debug Mod as much settlers as possible to found new cities on the map. I gave each of those new cities a number. When I tried to found city 482, the founding of that city was blocked and I received the message 'Too many cities'. This was expected as I had reached and now have exceeded the normal maximum number of 512 cities (481 + 31) on the map.

Now came the second turn of my test. I started the game with your patched exe and now I was able to settle beyond city number 481. Your patch enabled a higher number of cities on the map as it is normally allowed in C3C - but when I tried to settle city 526 (what is city 557 on the map) the game did freeze. As you have posted, your current patch has a limit of 556 cities on the map.

Edited: Please additionally read this post: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ccm2-epic-mod.625812/page-15#post-15444062

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  9. Civinator

At least this isn´t strange. Your screenshot shows, that you are in government Fascism. This government is xenophobic, meaning under the selected government, no culture is gained in cities where less than half of the population of the city is from the same race as the controlling civilization. This seems to be the case in the city you have selected for a cultural boost - but this boost was not possible (and the lost culture points of that great artist will not be added to that city when the conditions for a cultural boost are reached in later turns).

10. Civinator

BillK, thank you very much for reporting that error. :) Now it is fixed for the next version of CCM2. The missing hyphen in the name BM 30 for one of those units is intended to give that unit a different name as it is a different unit compared to the 'hyphen -Smerchs'.

11. Tsubasanut

Tsubasanut Chieftain

Hmm, so it was true about 556 limit. Not much of improvement then.
    Once my now-8-month baby :cry::cry::cry: finally start sleeping like a normal human should :sleep:, i will try to find a workaround if possible. I now have Antal decompiled code of civ3 and a friend versed in debugging. Same goes for combat settler.

12. Civinator

Tsubasanut, congrats to your little baby :) - and your No Raze Patch in combination with the fixing of the graphical glitches for me still is a very helpful feature, so the scenarios will need some time until they are published with your patch. :goodjob: May be you can post your patch only with the No Raze and the graphical fixes components, but without the NCL-component ?

13. XTC

XTC Warlord

You are right about my government (fascist) and in the CCM Ingame (9c) help I read about "Xenophobic" but it wasn't expressively linked to a Fascist government. So I assumed that all governments were kind of xenophobic. That in-game text does state that when LESS than half of the cities is not from the controlling civilization. But I have several cities of 2 where 1 from my civilization and the other one not. And some give culture and some cities not. And with 2 you can not say LESS than half. How can that be explained?

One other thing. My city Sparta has a hull (Battleship). The Civiliopedia says it can be upgraded at NO COST into Civ specific battleships. But I can do nothing with is. (I didn't had that problem as Japanese)

Attached Files:

14. Civinator

XTC, unfortunately the description for government Fascism in the CCM2 civilopedia is wrong. As this is a massive error, I have to fix it for the next version of CCM2. The description, that this government is xenophobic (that was in the old CCM1 civilopedia) is missing and therefore the link to 'xenophobic' in the CCM2 civilopedia is missing, too. Xenophobic means, that no culture is gained in cities when less than half of the population of the city is from the controlling civilization. This is checked for every single city of a civ in government Fascism and therefore it doesn´t help if half of your cities is fullfilling that condition. Fascism in CCM2 also has paid hurried production and not forced labor. Thank you very much for reporting this ugly error. :)

XTC another thank you very much for reporting the error about upgrading the battleship hull for Greece. :) That hull should upgrade for Greece to a superdreadnought, but this upgrade was not activated yet. This error now is fixed for the next version of CCM2. As Greece you can still upgrade all autoproduced hulls (Battleship) with tech Wonderweapons to superbattleships (the second upgrading level for that hull unit). So you should keep these hulls and defend them.

15. clamel

clamel Prince

OK tried this out and didn't get very far. Everything is 100% as with the exe-files I normally run, so no need to fiddle around that.
    It crashed directly saying I am missing IFC23.dll file.
    So what do this bugger do ? Too often programs crash with dll-files in error or missing.
    Not too much keen on adding an unknown dll-file just for the heck of it.
    So need you to explain clearly what this dll-file might do in connection with this edited file of yours.

16. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

17. clamel

clamel Prince

Yeah sure, you like me to pay for this ?? No way , mate :nono:

18. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

What're you talking about? Did you read the page?

Listen, first try re-downloading and re-starting the mod.
    Same with the new .exe file. (I think that I know what's wrong - you have the original Conquests files, not the "Civ Complete").
    So, if that doesn't work, install this FREE dll.
    If that doesn't work, come back.

19. Civinator

Tsubasanut, here is another observation from my city number test, that can be helpful for you to find the problem:

When City 543 (512+31) is founded, none of the advisor windows could be opened any longer. The game still can be saved and some more cities can be founded with the city screen opening (until city 556), but when any of the advisor screens is opened, I got a freeze of the game (starting with city 543).

20. jlvfr

jlvfr King

Hi again Civinator, glad to see you're still around! :thumbsup:

Just found out that, as Japanese, I can build the Fuso. But their wiki says this unit is only autoproduced by the "super dreadnoughts" mini-wonder.