1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CCM2 Epic Mod

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

tjs282, as you have supposed, this is achieved by setting different levels of destroyers to be different levels of 'Stealth Attack' targets for submarines. On the other hand the new setting of submarines, giving them a good bombardment attack as it is in AoI, all in all worked well with the last version of CCM2 and makes the ASW settings of destroyers mostly superfluos.

2. XTC

XTC Chieftain

It took a while to get an enemy ship in sight for my destroyer and indeed they can attack. However those (automatic) bombard buttons seem redundant.

An other question: is the civilopedia text correct with "Drafting"? I have some cities with a population higher than 7, government Fascism but there is no draft possible. Does an other condition apply?

Final question: my second game is in it's final stage. Will the update come soon or does it take more time? I'd like to start my third game with the update but when it takes too long I' Destroyer.jpg ll do it with the current version.

3. Takeo

Takeo Shogun

The Civilopedia draft page does say 7, it should that say 10, which is the town size that is in the biq?

4. XTC

XTC Chieftain

Here is a city with a population of 10. No draft button. City of 10.jpg

5. Takeo

Takeo Shogun

The button 'should' appear at size 11, one citizen above a town size of 10; like it normally does at size 7, one citizen above a town size of 6.

6. XTC

XTC Chieftain

Ok, here is a city of 13. Can it be that it hasn't a draft function because the whole population is foreign?

City of 13.jpg

7. Takeo

Takeo Shogun

That is possible, but I really don't know. Civinator will have to weigh in on this, he is very knowledgeable about all aspects of civ.

8. Civinator

XTC, thank you very much for your continuing interest in CCM2 and Takeo for answering some of the questions. :)

XTC, I will have a look at this unit. Without that look, I´m thinking that Greece in that stage of the game should have another type of destroyer.

As Takeo said, the option of drafting units need cities of size 2. In CCM2 size two cities must have at least 11 population points. Compared to standard C3C, the border from size one to size two cities was raisen to 10, as CCM2 doesn´t have size three cities to cut down micromanagement triggered by population pollution. The CCM2 civiliopedia here still has the old entry with the city size 7 for standard C3C level two cities - and therefore here is wrong. XTC, thank you very much for reporting this error. :)

The next version of CCM2 also holds the files to play RARR, CCM1 and WW2 Global Gold. So the files for CCM and RARR are mostly finished, the files for WW2 Global Gold still need a lot of work and some additional testgames are needed. As I´m no factory, I cannot predict a date, but I do what I can, depending to the free time I can afford for modding Civ 3. I think it´s a good idea to start the next CCM2 game. At least there will not be a new version in the next two weeks.

:yup: Drafting is not documented very well in the standard Civ 3 civilopedia and other resources of the game, but your guess is correct. To draft units, you must have:

- The tech that allows drafting
    - a size two city where units can be drafted (in CCM2 starting with 11 population)
    - a government that allows drafting (p.e. not in Anarchy)
    - units that can be drafted
    - at least one citizen of the nationality of your civ in the city where the draft should take place

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  9. XTC

XTC Chieftain

Thanks for the clarifications, Civinator and Takeo

10. Inoé

Inoé Chieftain

Helo everyone.
    I'm having a very weird issue and I have no idea how to fix it.

Recently I reinstalled CCM 2 and have been playing a game with Egypt with no issues for a while. However, it has come to a point in which whenever I try to give orders to a city (like change production, hurry production, visit governor etc...) the game freezes and gets stuck for good. It happens when I use any of these commands, whether I access the city view or right click on the city. I checked and it also happens in any other new or saved game.

This is very strange. Any ideas?
    Thanks

11. Civinator

Inoé, when exactly is your game freezing ? Does it freeze after you have a new building or unit available? As such a problem was not reported yet, may be this is a problem in your installation.

12. jlvfr

jlvfr Chieftain

In the US, the Martin B-10 bomber has it's upgrade path in the wiki marked as "upgrades to A-20 Havoc" but it's upgrading to the B-25 Mitchell...

13. Civinator

Hi jlvfr, at least in the next version of CCM2 that upgrade is working as it should be. I started a game as the US and when looking in the civilopedia via the techtree, the game not only shows the unit that is described in the civilopedia for the upgrade, but for the player also hardcoded the unit, that is in the game the real upgrade (if there are mistakes in the civilopedia entry). Both entries show, that for the US, the A-20 Havoc is the upgrade to the Martin B-10. :)

Attached Files:

14. tjs282

tjs282 Un(a)bashed immigrant

...just here for the job/ handouts/ woman
    So now I'm left wondering if the A-20 itself upgrades to the B-25...? Because if it does, and if @jlvfr already learnt [Tech which allows the B-25], then any remaining B-10s would upgrade directly to the B-25...

15. Civinator

:yup: Yes, so it is (and I had the same speculative thought). The CCM2 techtree in era 3 is suited for such a constellation, as here the player can decide, if he wants to focus on better landunits or better air- and sea-units in his research and therefore it is possible to research the tech for B-25s before the tech of the A-20 and this decision is completely intended. Nevertheless the hardcoded entry and the civilopedia entry are both correct, as the A-20 is the upgrade of the B-10 (green arrow) so may be only for the turns until the tech 'Strategic Bombing' is researched before the tech 'Blitzkrieg Tactics').

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    tjs282 likes this.
  16. jlvfr

jlvfr Chieftain

That was it, sorry for the false alarm.

17. Civinator

jlvfr, no reason to say sorry. You are one of the top error hunters of CCM2. :thumbsup:

jlvfr likes this.
  18. Inoé

Inoé Chieftain

Sorry, I was out on vacation.
    I am not sure what caused the problem, but I managed to solve it by manually copying and overwriting all the CCM 2.2 files in the art folder again. Now it works great.
    Thanks again for the mod. I keep enjoying it a lot :)

19. Shmelkin

Shmelkin Chieftain

Is this normal amount of resources in one place? Looks like I'm gonna be world coffee magnate.
    I also didn't know that coffee grows on rocks... I would more expect mineral resources there.
    Played with slightly modified 2.45 biq (used Q-editor 1.29), but resources are unchanged,

Also, it that intentional that The Harbor of Carthage building is not coastal, unlike regular harbor?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:26 PM
  20. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Shmelkin... yes, you can get many Resources in an area like that and sure, Coffee Grows on Mountains. Ever Hear an Older Folgers Coffee Commercial saying "it's Mountain Grown"? :)

Civinator likes this.