1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CFC Fantasy Premier League 2009/10

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by flaming_iles, Jul 8, 2009.

1. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Good thing I have Fabregas, but I choose my captain wrongly, thinking Defoe would have a day out against Bolton, not realising who Fabregas was playing against.

2. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

Holy crap 44 points from Fabregas!

3. classical_hero

Lucky you.

4. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

Just discovered this thread and joined the league. I've been in since week 1 in a separate league so I hope my points carry over. Team: FXa Inhibitors

5. classical_hero

I am having an excellent October so far. :D

6. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

Which is your team? In fact, which is anyone's team?

7. Keroro

Keroro Dororo: Ninja Frog

I just discovered the thread and joined the league myself last week. I was getting a bit bored with not being in a competitive league, but in this one there's plenty to play for. I agree with Munch that it would be good to see what team is managed by each person.

Me: Owls.

8. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

I am Spambox Attack.

I think c_h's team has Perth in the name.

9. classical_hero

I generally know who most teams are, but some are a mystery to me. My team is Perth United. So now you know my team you will know my brother's team.

10. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

Ah good stuff. Well, game on! This week I transfered out my cheapster Birmingham defender Johnson, who has done nothing but sit on the bench consuming as little money as possible, and brought in Aston Villa's Dunne. I did plan on bringing him in last week, which as it turns out would have been profitable, but I had to make an emergency transfer to get rid of the injured Torres, and didn't want to incur penalty points for making more transfers than I am allowed. Already used my wildcard with spectacularly insignificant results... :(

11. classical_hero

Just for fun I wanted to see which teams had the most expensive squads. So here are the top three teams in order of expense. That is total team value plus what it in the bank.
    Perth United is valued at 102.8 million pounds. Second is Tombort FC, which is valued at 102.7 million pounds. Third is Cambridge FC at 102.4 million pounds.

12. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

I have Rooney and Defoe out this week. Great.

13. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

Rooney is also looking doubtful for this weekend's clash with flailing Liverpool.

I am not particularly knowledgeable about the Premier League but I really like the fantasy league game, and sites like Sky Sports News and BBC Sport I find really useful to fill in the gaping holes in my footy knowledge, as well as warn me about injury concerns.

http://www.skysports.com/football/premier-league/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/default.stm

14. sonorakitch

sonorakitch Overseas hunter

You're all welcome for me joining in week 5 and keeping the bottom spot nice and warm!

15. classical_hero

I wonder how you would be doing had you started right from the start. I am sure that you would be near the top end, rather than the bottom.

16. sonorakitch

sonorakitch Overseas hunter

I've been lucky as this is my first spin with fantasy-anything. It is a blast though...an absolute blast!

~Chris

17. classical_hero

Congratulations to Scratcher on being placed 896 overall for the previous game week. :wow:

18. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I'm up to 103.5, but it really isn't helping me move up in the standings :lol: Ah well, there's still time to catch up with you guys :)

19. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

I've only in the last week or two got my squad's total value above 100, after a dismal opening 3 weeks where my value plummeted.

Strategies and gambits for this week anyone? I've brought in a second Aston Villa player since they are playing twice (although, both games are away, at Everton and West Ham) this week, and gambled on them doing well by putting Dunne as my captain. It could backfire spectacularly but that's the game.

20. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

I'm copying that strategy although I'll probably go with Milner as captain. Decided to play my wildcard to get in a few new players as my scoring rate has dropped off in recent weeks.