CFC Fantasy Premier League 2009/10

Just discovered this thread and joined the league. I've been in since week 1 in a separate league so I hope my points carry over. Team: FXa Inhibitors

I just discovered the thread and joined the league myself last week. I was getting a bit bored with not being in a competitive league, but in this one there's plenty to play for. I agree with Munch that it would be good to see what team is managed by each person.

Me: Owls.

Which is your team? In fact, which is anyone's team?

I generally know who most teams are, but some are a mystery to me. My team is Perth United. So now you know my team you will know my brother's team.

Ah good stuff. Well, game on! This week I transfered out my cheapster Birmingham defender Johnson, who has done nothing but sit on the bench consuming as little money as possible, and brought in Aston Villa's Dunne. I did plan on bringing him in last week, which as it turns out would have been profitable, but I had to make an emergency transfer to get rid of the injured Torres, and didn't want to incur penalty points for making more transfers than I am allowed. Already used my wildcard with spectacularly insignificant results... :(

Just for fun I wanted to see which teams had the most expensive squads. So here are the top three teams in order of expense. That is total team value plus what it in the bank.
Perth United is valued at 102.8 million pounds. Second is Tombort FC, which is valued at 102.7 million pounds. Third is Cambridge FC at 102.4 million pounds.

I have Rooney and Defoe out this week. Great.

Rooney is also looking doubtful for this weekend's clash with flailing Liverpool.

I am not particularly knowledgeable about the Premier League but I really like the fantasy league game, and sites like Sky Sports News and BBC Sport I find really useful to fill in the gaping holes in my footy knowledge, as well as warn me about injury concerns.

http://www.skysports.com/football/premier-league/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/default.stm

Just for fun I wanted to see which teams had the most expensive squads. So here are the top three teams in order of expense. That is total team value plus what it in the bank.
Perth United is valued at 102.8 million pounds. Second is Tombort FC, which is valued at 102.7 million pounds. Third is Cambridge FC at 102.4 million pounds.

I'm up to 103.5, but it really isn't helping me move up in the standings :lol: Ah well, there's still time to catch up with you guys :)

I've only in the last week or two got my squad's total value above 100, after a dismal opening 3 weeks where my value plummeted.

Strategies and gambits for this week anyone? I've brought in a second Aston Villa player since they are playing twice (although, both games are away, at Everton and West Ham) this week, and gambled on them doing well by putting Dunne as my captain. It could backfire spectacularly but that's the game.

I'm copying that strategy although I'll probably go with Milner as captain. Decided to play my wildcard to get in a few new players as my scoring rate has dropped off in recent weeks.

Top Bottom