CFC Minecraft Server -- World 4

It should be something like 5,000 to found a town, 500 to claim blocks, and 20,000 to found a nation? It's not prohibitively expensive, but costly enough to make someone think twice about town spam or even have the resources to do so. Just a suggestion anyways. :)

As it is the current prices are completely and utterly prohibitively expensive (50,000 to claim a chunk now? Come one!) especially with how much you'd have to mine and sell to get to that level with very very few items actually being worth more than a few geld.

I can't build on my house. There's no way I'm paying 250,000 to build my home.

I keep hearing how wonderful Towny was, building something together with people. I hear all the Minestaff people dreaming about their glory days. Those days happened because people were, basically, forced to as only ops could build outside of towns in world one.

World Three had the opposite problem. Everyone could build anywhere (why bother having a town) and everyone wanted their own town.

I took the middle ground. There can only ever be 5 towns. Towns are expensive to create and expand, forcing people to come together. The contest and its prize was no accident. I planned it to infuse money into the economy for this very purpose. I also went with the middle ground in reguards with being able to build in the wilderness. Everyone can place and break all ore blocks, wood planks, smooth stone, torches, rails, ladders, glowstone, signs, and a couple other things I can't remember off the top of my head. This would allow people to mine and build some infrastructure outside their towns. I'm also going to disable nations. They serve no function.

So, Skwink. You want to be able to build you house (home?, please, its a video game for crying out loud), but you are telling me that you really don't want towny then. So make up your mind.

House is equal in definition to home. Many people have already settled and built in their places. There's currently only one town to choose form apart from Capitol, and nobody else on the server can afford to start one.

What did you expect Croxis? You keep adding things to the server that cause issues, then you flip out whenever anyone has even a perfectly legitimate complaint about them. Reapeatedly things have been added or changed without telling anyone about it and then flip out again when people go "why is this changed?", or you do something and expect people to do one thing to but never tell them what that thing is and flip out when they don't do it.

There was no problem in World 3 with too many towns, the problem, as I explained before, was with the players. If people don't want to and/or can't work together then forcing them to WILL NOT WORK. Especially if you do it on a map where half the players had moved off of onto another world and most of the people left had not set it up with towny in mind. Plus putting the prices insanely high and relying on an economic system that has ever decreasing prices is just plain stupid.

tl;dr I'm done too.

Looks like I have to find another server to call home :(.

I might do that too... But I think we need to be white listed.

Just talk to me or Scamp on steam and we'll let the server owner know who you are

If you guys don't mind I might want to come there too.

If you guys don't mind I might want to come there too.

Unfortunately we can't be flooding the server with too many random people, so SimonL is the only one we are bringing along since me and Scamp are good friends with him already.

Also it would be less rude if you didn't blatantly discuss it here.

I know your direct tone feels, to you, legitimated by croxis' outburst, but... Well... croxis is an actual person. There's no point in being blunt.

I'm not saying you're wrecking havoc with trolling or flame wars, I just don't think this is a proper place to discuss private server entries - and especially not in this situation.

I don't know, I'd be nicer if I were in the situation myself. You can choose not to care about these random statements, of course.

Unfortunately we can't be flooding the server with too many random people, so SimonL is the only one we are bringing along since me and Scamp are good friends with him already.

Heh, a flood of one person, but I understand the reasoning anyways.

I suppose given that we'll have no other server to cohesively migrate too as whole for those of us remaining, I would like to thank all those who I've worked with over the pass few months - Rhein, DrMo, DAKLER, Maxa, Skwink. Given that outside of minecraft, I won't see much of you, I've had a great amount of good memories through the past few months and some nostalgia to go with it. Old Minestaff, New Minestaff, Aspire, World4 Chaos, it was fun, truly. :)

Croxis. :salute:

Top Bottom