CFC Steam Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey people, sorry I left you all hanging, I just figured philippe was handling everything. Prince messaged me today so you can thank him for getting my attention. I've promoted him and Kan to officers in the group, and if promoting anybody else would do any good I'm more than willing. I'm probably not the best person to be in charge anymore cause my computer situation is such that I can't really play TF2 or anything.

I don't have a problem with CivGeneral being promoted as well. Sadly the only way to transfer ownership of a group is for you to leave, and then it goes to the next officer with the earliest join date. Which I assume would be philippe or Kan' maybe.

Civgeneral is an officer now as well.

I took a look at some of the admin options today and now anyone who's an officer should be able to invite members, promote other members to officer, and some other practical things like ban users from chat, etc.

Annoying steam update for half life 2 today which gives no additional useful content whilst stops me from completing part 2 (only recently started playing it)

Would be nice if there were warning messages when installing large updates.

Now there are achivements for Half-Life 2 and Part One?! Sweet

Civgeneral is an officer now as well.

I took a look at some of the admin options today and now anyone who's an officer should be able to invite members, promote other members to officer, and some other practical things like ban users from chat, etc.

Awesome thanks!

Annoying steam update for half life 2 today which gives no additional useful content whilst stops me from completing part 2 (only recently started playing it)
The only changes I saw so far were the Vorts's models changed from a lizard like complexion to a more amphibian like complexion like the ones in Episode 2. There is also support for the dynamic flashlight as seen in L4D/Episode 2. Also in Waterhazard, the skybox texture is broken (Saw this before playing the level in Garry's Mod).

Would be nice if there were warning messages when installing large updates.
I wish the same thing as well. Especially with Garry's Mod. Any changes Garry makes tends to break things. The only solution would be to turn off the auto-update, though it would be more suited for single player games than multiplayer games.

When I tried to play Half-Life 2 after the update, it went to a long loading screen, then it minimised itself to the task bar and crashed.
Do you meet the minimum requirements to run Half-Life 2?

Actually, the update to HL2 and HL2:EP1 updated the engines the game use to the same ones as the orange box. Before that, it used to be that there was actually source HL2, ep1, and source OB (the 2007 gcf's I believe)

You're correct, I do have two invites, but they are for the group ihavecnb (CnB). :confused:
You should have an invite from Kan. I'm guessing Scamp accidently sent you an invite to the wrong group.

You should have an invite from Kan. I'm guessing Scamp accidently sent you an invite to the wrong group.

Whoops sorry! For some reason CFC isn't on the list, so I assume someone else invited you already, I also invited you to KAAAAAAAAAAAN!

EDIT: Invite sent.

Damn, I haven't been on CFC for a long time. I just remembered this group! We should all play TF2 sometime. :D

Ah yes, I didn't think about that. We will definitely need more admins, and perhaps even making it an open group as well as making sure it is promoted and visible during the Civ5 release so Civvers who aren't aware of it (the vast majority) will not go about and make a hundred other cfc groups. Perhaps we can get it posted in a sticky about steam/Civ5 info?.

Any thoughts on this then, chaps?

Damn, I haven't been on CFC for a long time. I just remembered this group! We should all play TF2 sometime. :D

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.