Challenge: Getting Lib from Oracle

Quaren

Chieftain
I just played a quick game to see if I could get Lib from The Oracle.

Settings:
Quick speed
Settler difficulty
no barbs
no tech trading (kind of pointless since no one had time to get the alphabet).
small map with standard amount of opponents
always peace (might also have been pointless)

I kind of failed by 1 turn (had oracle at 1 turn and 1 turn left on education and philosophy done.
I did waste 2 turns researching something non vital and I didn't try to get a GP to bulb something so it can be done faster.

What I did do though was I had a few floodplains in both my capital and my second city(which I got the settler for on turn 1 in a hut) which where cottaged right away and I was Inca so Fin/Ind was nice.

I think Ind was kind of a waste since I had more then enough time to build oracle and teching was what takes time.

My challenge is for someone to be able to successfully Do the Lib from Oracle slingshot and at as high a difficulty as possible. If multiple people do it on the same difficulty then the date counts.

Rules:
-All speeds allowed
-Standard amount of opponents
-Standard map size and larger allowed
-No events
-No tribal huts (both to counter luck playing too large a part)
-You can choose your opponents (again anti luck)
-Map type Pangea
-All other map settings are optional (climate, etc.)
-All other options are unchecked (advanced start, rageing barbs, etc)

Good luck!

Should be simple on Settler where AI does not build wonders. I guess it is possible upto warlord if you handpick rival civs and try hard.

What about getting fascism from liberalism? ;)

Elizabeth is much better. Financial for obvious reasons, but Philosophical so you can get GS and bulb Paper, Philosophy and Education. Getting three GS with a Philosophical leader in this time frame wouldn't be too hard to do.

It's probably possible to get lib from the oracle even up to monarch depending on the map. I've seen crazy things happen with wonders, for instance the mids going in 1800 AD.... But consistently I would be surprised if anyone could do it on Noble.

It's probably possible to get lib from the oracle even up to monarch depending on the map.

I dunno, man. Maybe a duel map or small 3 civ map. Oracle will go if you leave it too long for just about any civ on Noble+

Egg of Columbus: tiny pangae map. Crush your opponent but leave him one crappy city. You might be able to get Future Tech from Oracle.

It is possible to get Edu from oracle on the right map without bulbs up to monarch at least. I am sure a couple of bulbs could get lib as well. That said Edu is more expensive then lib and if you are getting it that fast you are probably philo which means fast unis and oxford will help a lot...

Oyzar, I'm playing Prince/Monarch now and Oracle goes way too early to be getting Liberalism with it. It's gone by 1000BC in just about every game I've played these past 2 weeks (all that I can recall). It's probably possible on Noble... maybe on Prince, but I can't imagine on Monarch.

Yeah you probably have to get lucky in addition to having a nice start. Getting paper by the 1000 BC isn't particulary hard however.

might be pullable with something like pericles with madrassa with hand chosen opponents [you want reasonable techers not prioritising oracle].

Make sure you have gems, settle on 3 food tile while also having few irrigated corn...

I got Biology from the Oracle on Cheiftain level. No tricks or special beelines, just a good old fashioned REX with a relatively early Code of Laws and a Shrine to support it.

Edit: Yes, I did get lucky with a couple of huts early on, obviously.

My challenge is for someone to be able to successfully Do the Lib from Oracle slingshot and at as high a difficulty as possible with as little extra options as possible.

What speed and custom settings are allowed/disallowed?

Depending on what you say, it could be possible up to monarch/emperor on a small map...possibly even immortal.

Hmmm, I heard Sitting Bull (and probably a few other) AIs don't build wonders. So a duel map with Sitting Bull as your enemy could maybe work on any difficulty.

You'll probably trigger a domination win before that happens ;)

No..... raze the AI's cities except for one, leave a unit in each of the tiles in the enemy's city for the rest of the game and you can get Future Tech 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 with the Oracle.

No..... raze the AI's cities except for one, leave a unit in each of the tiles in the enemy's city for the rest of the game and you can get Future Tech 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 with the Oracle.

Only if you turn time victory off.

But yes, doing this will allow you to take oracle after 1000 AD, so you could get a lot of techs with it.

Top Bottom