Champions League - Round of 16 and Beyond

Gucumatz

JS, secretly Rod Serling
Since there was no thread on the Champions League, I decided to open one on one of the most prestigious competitions in the world.
====

The Round of 16 Draw is tomorrow at 10:30 Greenwich Time

Group A:
1. Paris Saint Germain FC (Fra)
2. Porto (Por)

Group B:
1. Schalke 04 (Ger)
2. Arsenal (Eng)

Group C:
1. Malaga CF (Esp)
2. AC Milan (Ita)

Group D:
1. Borussia Dortmund (Ger)
2. Real Madrid (Esp)

Group E:
1. Juventus (Ita)
2. Shakhtar Donestk (Ukr)

Group F:
1. Bayern Munich (Ger)
2. Valenica (Esp)

Group G:
1. Barcelona (Esp)
2. Celtic (Sco)

Group H:
1. Manchester Utd (Eng)
2. Galatasaray (Tur)

=======

This year the tournament looks particularly fierce. The mid teams all have a great shot at upsetting and the power parity is starting to come throughout Europe.

Anyone hoping for a particular draw for their team?
I am hoping for a great draw for Bayern

Well to be fair, it was a miracle they were able to win last time :lol:

Its going to be interesting to see some of the draws.

What do you all think about Schalke? With the firing of Huub Stevens and Huntelaar probably not going to survive the transfer window - I can see Schalke imploding come February. They have only gotten 2 points in the Bundesliga from the previous 6 matches and are now outside of even Europa qualifying at 7th place. Their destruction at Freiburg was pretty bad - and their form has been terrible domestically - they should be the easiest group winners to beat.
==========

After the draws are made I am going to make a bracket and would love to compare with you all what you think.

Galatasaray v FC Schalke

Celtic v Juventus

Arsenal v Bayern Munich

Shakthar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund

AC Milan v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Manchester United

Valencia v Paris Saint-Germain

FC Porto v Malaga

Thats the draw!

Well if Schalke are imploding it's a good omen they've got Galatasary, one of the "weaker" sides. I have outlined the British clubs. Sadly, looking at that I don't think we will see our boys get into the QF stage at all :lol:. Celtic do not have a chance vs Juventus, Arsenal do not have the quality to beat Bayern - who've been perenial runners-up/semi-finalists for a few years now. Manchester United have a chance because you can never rule them out of anything, thats folly. Will be interesting to see Ronaldo return to OT!

Galatasary vs Schalke
Dortmund vs Shakhtar
Arsenal vs Bayern
Valencia vs PSG
Barcelona vs AC Milan
Porto vs Malaga
Celtic vs Juventus
Madrid vs Man Utd.
======

Should be a great slew of games

Real Madrid Vs Manchester United looks like the best game drawn.

Damn i can't believe we are going to have to wait all the way till February for this! :p

I know its quite a wait
That being said I see all English teams being eliminated in February :p. Great for my Bayern

Galatasary vs Schalke
Dortmund vs Shakhtar
Arsenal vs Bayern
Valencia vs PSG
Barcelona vs AC Milan
Porto vs Malaga
Celtic vs Juventus
Madrid vs Man Utd.
======

My picks above. If both English teams lose and if all 3 German teams win - the Bundesliga will have a higher UEFA coefficient than the EPL again. Its about time :)

Apparently the test draw that was done before looked like this (screen by a Newspaper Live Ticker):

You recognize something special? :) Let the UEFA conspiracy theories start!

I agree generally with the estimate by Gucumatz, (add Schalke and have Malaga win over Porto). Though those are just the favourites, I'd guess there will be at least one or two surprise wins, say Valencia over PSG. And of course Madrid - ManU is wide open.

I can't wait for the Shakhtar v Dortmund tie. That should be a great match and could be the winner of the CL.

Top Bottom