[R&F] Chandragupta Maurya/India First Look

Good points all around.

There needs to be a UI option to exclude leaders. I don't suppose this can be modded, can it? I seem to remember this being an option in previous civ games, but I probably made it up.

I'm not 100% sure, but the possible players included when using the random option are probably defined in players.xml. You could get rid of everything Gandhi-related either with a mod or just deleting it from the file itself. I'll have to try and see, when I have the time.

Excellent, India as a war-civ.
But I won't like him as neighboor, except for playing Australia wich gets a productionbonus after DoW.

All I could say, since this is an alternate leader for India, is that Chandragupta is the ying to Gandhi's yang (?)... or they're more like the same but different... but the same?

What I've noticed that's different from the alternate leader India had in Civ4 is that you had two leaders who are more peace-oriented, while you have one that's more aggressive.

The best leader design since Cyrus, in my opinion. He looks fantastic!

Sounds like he'll be interesting to play as; more so than Gandhi, to be honest. I still haven't played as India but may do so with this guy.

I really like how Chandra gameplay is going to be much more different from Ghandi's than Gorgo vs. Pericles. Also, Dharma ability should play differently for them - as Ghandi you usually wait for other civs to spread their religion, as Chandra you could just take their religious cities.

Nah, I think I'll take Jagdwiga over chandra, Chandra may be the best looking male leader but Jagdwiga to me is the best looking leader out of all the Female leaders in the game as I really love her curves.

I agree with you on Jadwiga's curves. :love:

Coming from a straight guy, I'd have to say the best looking dude is probably either Hojo Tokimune or Cyrus. They seem handsome without being muscular caricatures.

Jagdwiga to me is the best looking leader out of all the Female leaders in the game as I really love her curves.

Isn't she like 16?

Coming from a straight guy, I'd have to say the best looking dude is probably either Hojo Tokimune or Cyrus. They seem handsome without being muscular caricatures.

Has to be Alexander. That hair man, that hair. I want that hair. :)

So I was interested in this leader, and looked up Jainism, because I was curious about it and didn't know much about it. I wonder if they will let me use the Jainism symbol for my avatar, pity the Germans took it over. Still if you use it with the 3 dots above it the proper way, no one would be offended by that, right? ;)

Either way, he will be high on my list to play in the new expansion. I'm still not sure who I will play first, but he will be near the top.

The new monument looks literally nothing like that. :D

The Monument resembles the Qutb Minar. I wonder if this monument design is shared by Arabia, Persia, Scythia...

What? Have you seen France, Korea, or Egypt yet?

This guy looks like he's gonna try to sell me some fried dough at the county fair at a significant mark up. Or a villain from Superfriends.

I can't wait to dow him and hear him whine.

"Hey, you got something in your 'stache, man. Right here. Looks like defeat."

Cathy is ok design for me. A classy older woman drinking a wine glass. Seondeok's clothing is not that accurate according to Zaarin. I like the crown and that's pretty much it. Cleopatra is one of the worst designs for me. They tried so hard to make her look "Egyptian", when she probably looked more like this. No silly headdress. Just a Greek lady in Hellenistic dress.

reconstructed Cleopatra.jpg

Mongol horseman: 36+3+6=45 strength, 80 prod
Indian Varu 40+5(UA)+5(decrease opponent strength by 5)=50 strength, 120 prod
Knight=48 Strength, 180 prod
Scythia horseman 36+5=41 Strength, 40 prod.
Horseman=36 Strength, 80 prod.
Winged Hussar=55 Strength, 250 prod
Mumluk=48 Strength, 180 prod

Still, the best strategy to deal with a neighbor India is to declare war as soon as he denounces you so as not to give him chance for "territorial expansion war" (This one is better than Persia, for Persia you have to permanent war with him, but this "expansion" needs denounciation in advance, so it's well preparable.)

For India, denounce everyone as soon as you meet them, in case you find a chance to declare war and enjoy bonus.

Last edited:
You ever wonder if we are getting Chandraguptra because Firaxis is feeling salty about lots of people disliking the Nuclear Gandhi cliche? They're like "Oh, you want someone other than Gandhi, huh? How about a guy that always attacks his neighbors?"

You ever wonder if we are getting Chandraguptra because Firaxis is feeling salty about lots of people disliking the Nuclear Gandhi cliche? They're like "Oh, you want someone other than Gandhi, huh? How about a guy that always attacks his neighbors?"

I think they just try to make alt leader with maximum playstyle diversity. Ghandi abilities are peace-focused, so here we are.

Gandhi and Chandy .... nice
I thought I would call him Chands but when you put it that way...

Top Bottom