change to modding from summer patch

Based on the Mod, Component, & File Load Order as of Winter Patch thread, default load order used to be timestamp order when creating a game, and mod-id order when loading a saved game. It looks like timestamp order is now the default for creating and loading games. However, when the Leader Pack: Nubia mod is enabled, one of the configuration passes reverts to the old order during a saved-game load. That config pass also seems to drop all mods with AffectsSavedGames=0. I'm not sure yet what is causing that legacy/glitchy behavior for that one mod.

I tracked down the Leader Pack: Nubia problem to one of its dependencies:
Code:
  <Dependencies>
    <Mod id="643EA320-8E1A-4CF1-A01C-00D88DDD131A" title="Nubia_Amanitore" />
    <Mod id="7619F77B-BAA7-4912-AA6E-45C124E6ECFD" title="Nubia Scenario" />
  </Dependencies>
When I remove the second dependency (Nubia Scenario), then all the other mods load normally.

Two more findings:
  • Mods work fine when you play the Nubia scenario normally
  • When LP:Nubia loads, the Modding.log shows id=7619... (Nubia Scenario) loaded but not id=643E... (Nubia Amanitore).
So, most of the parts seem to work OK separately, but they break when you put them all together. I'm guessing that it's somehow not legit to include both 643E & 7619 in the same mod dependency. Or it might be something to do with rulesets. I'm not sure why this breaks but I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to where it breaks.

there is no mention of modding in the patch notes, so I suppose we'll have to make our own notes...

AFAIK, at the moment of this post, the tools were not updated.

I'm looking at a very big diff file, but some things that I've noted:

- the FontIcons.xml has changed, I think that we're going to be able to add our own in mods
- adding PrereqTech to policies
- new AI type: UNITTYPE_AIR
If you please, how to use this???
Thanx!!!

Top Bottom