1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

change to modding from summer patch

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Gedemon, Jul 27, 2017.

1. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

Based on the Mod, Component, & File Load Order as of Winter Patch thread, default load order used to be timestamp order when creating a game, and mod-id order when loading a saved game. It looks like timestamp order is now the default for creating and loading games. However, when the Leader Pack: Nubia mod is enabled, one of the configuration passes reverts to the old order during a saved-game load. That config pass also seems to drop all mods with AffectsSavedGames=0. I'm not sure yet what is causing that legacy/glitchy behavior for that one mod.

2. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

I tracked down the Leader Pack: Nubia problem to one of its dependencies:
    Code:
      <Dependencies>
        <Mod id="643EA320-8E1A-4CF1-A01C-00D88DDD131A" title="Nubia_Amanitore" />
        <Mod id="7619F77B-BAA7-4912-AA6E-45C124E6ECFD" title="Nubia Scenario" />
      </Dependencies>
    When I remove the second dependency (Nubia Scenario), then all the other mods load normally.

3. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

Two more findings:
    • Mods work fine when you play the Nubia scenario normally
    • When LP:Nubia loads, the Modding.log shows id=7619... (Nubia Scenario) loaded but not id=643E... (Nubia Amanitore).
    So, most of the parts seem to work OK separately, but they break when you put them all together. I'm guessing that it's somehow not legit to include both 643E & 7619 in the same mod dependency. Or it might be something to do with rulesets. I'm not sure why this breaks but I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to where it breaks.

4. arch.mbadawy

arch.mbadawy Chieftain

If you please, how to use this???
    Thanx!!!