Chat.

You can create either a public team channel (ie. #mtdg-mia) on irc.irc-chat.net (you can get to it via mIRC or CFC's main page) or a private, password protected one for a chat with just your team over important issues (like the ISDG). MSN, IM clients, etc. could also be used (if the 2+ teams have ambassadors or foreign relation people). Email is also an alternative, albeit slower.

I would prefer one on one MSN, so we can log our communiquees

I think this program will be very useful for any future chats. It is a program called Trillian. It has five different chat platforms that everyone here should have at least one of these platforms. So if you want to download it, then here is the website you can get it from. http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/

:bump:

I made a MTDG channel on the IRC server that CivFanatics use.

If you use mIRC, it's on irc.irc-chat.net, channel #mtdg. If you just use CFC's java client, just enter "mtdg" as the channel name instead of civfanatics. I'm not sure how to set it up for Trillian...it be cool if we could have a meeting one day there (new year's day, or something?) Just a thought...

I've got a question about diplomatic chats. Are there any restrictions on what teams can tell each other in a diplomatic chat? I'm still a bit fuzzy on the whole *spoiler information* aspect of our rules. For example, I think teams are not allowed to send each other screenshots of terrain until the appropriate tech for trading maps is discovered. Until then is it ok to describe terrain in words (via e-mail, pm or chat)?

Because our ruleset is so broadly written Team TNT has been very close mouthed in it's diplomacy for fear of being accused of divulging informatin we're not supposed to. For this reason I've been leary of having a chat with another team.

lurker's comment: The rules for this game are based on the ISDG-game. In the ISDG it is illegal to trade maps (of any kind) before one of the teams have Navigation. This is to mimic an in-game feature.

With that in mind, screenshots of maps are disallowed -until 1 of the involved teams hasd the map-trading tech-. I think descriptions of the terrain are fine. Something along the line of: "3 tiles north + 2 tiles North-west of the tobacco is a goody hut" or "The border goes from the mountain east of your impi on the gold-mountain along the river till the 2nd hill (NE of the Ivory)".

Drawing a complete map using words might be too much as it comes too close to exchanging maps.

But what do I know; I'm just a lurker.

I agree with Rik pretty much. You can describe the layout (mostly mountains/plains, direction of rivers, location based on other stuff - NW of that mountain is a stack of units)...giving exact locations (3N and 2NW) is stretching it a bit, depends on how much of it you use.

Things that aren't allowed: giving a whole 'text map' (ie; N of that city is plains. It has a road and irrigation. NW is a mountain. It is mined with a railroad)... is NOT allowed, nor is a screenshot in any way until Navigation. Neither is creating a map in the editor and taking a screenshot of it.

When in doubt, just refer us to the plan and we'll give a ruling.

Top Bottom