Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

To expand on filli_noctus's post, can we separate deaths and actual assassinations? I get that Jehoshua would want to claim it as an assassination for PR reasons, but ShadowNX writing it as a factual assassination seems weird when there are actual assassinations...

Ah, but ShadowNX was simply trying to throw us off the scent of his real death, as explained in my post about ten up from this one!

Ah, but ShadowNX was simply trying to throw us off the scent of his real death, as explained in my post about ten up from this one!

RP-wise, it's still weird the recently deceased to be narrating their death in third-person when they died in a different manner.

Truly, I am blessed to be born in the beautiful capital of this great civilization of ours.

@Rudragun: The second round of council doesn't begin until Yahzuk declares it.

Word of note Tokyo does not have any promotion standard at this time. I think the new unit should do to Tokyo since they are the front line city or they should be given to the settler to protect the new founded city. LegionSteve, I think you can still make voting requirement for Tokyo that the incoming Diamyo will be able to vote for.

For Kyoto I don't think limiting growth is a good option. Better and more viable option would be to research Construction so we can build coliseums to increase our happiness.

Word of note Tokyo does not have any promotion standard at this time. I think the new unit should do to Tokyo since they are the front line city or they should be given to the settler to protect the new founded city. LegionSteve, I think you can still make voting requirement for Tokyo that the incoming Diamyo will be able to vote for.

For Kyoto I don't think limiting growth is a good option. Better and more viable option would be to research Construction so we can build coliseums to increase our happiness.

For the time being, we will see how it goes... :king:

Ceskari

The first part of the council of T81 is now closed.

Daimyo LegionSteve of the Gaiko clan in Tokyo and Triskelli of the Shihai clan in Osaka agree to switch places. LegionSteve is now Daimyo of Osaka. Triskelli is now Daimyo of Tokyo.

Daimyo Ceskari of Kyoto unlocks the citizen working the western mine, and orders Kyoto to avoid growing further.
Spoiler Revised Influence :

The second part of the council of T81 is now in session until 22:00 GMT-5 tomorrow.
Spoiler Kyoto Local Influence Votes :

81-KL-1: What technology shall be discovered by the great library?

81-KL-2: Add production to queue after the Oracle?
May choose any, or do not add to queue.

Spoiler Scientific Influence Votes :

81-S-1: What shall we research after Iron Working is completed?

Spoiler Economic Influence Votes :

81-E-1: Sell dyes to the highest bidder?

Spoiler Military Influence Vote :

81-M-1: What militia shall Senshi Gifuto be given to?
Admin Note – I don’t want to start letting Daimyos vote on orders for units they don’t control – the warrior will head towards whichever city they are assigned to.
• Kyoto
• Osaka
• Tokyo
• Gift to Belgrade
• Gift to Ragusa

All I really have to say in the matter is the military vote, and I'm torn. The new warrior should definitely go to one of the two newer cities, preferably Tokyo since that is where the Americans are liable to strike first (If they ever do)...

For the rest I'll wait to see how everyone else decides.

Kyoto Local Influence Votes:

Civil Service

Settler

Scientific Influence Votes:

The Wheel > Construction

Economic Influence Votes:

Yes

Spoiler for Military Influence Vote:
Tokyo

First of all, I welcome the new Kyoto Council members, Rudragun and Grandad1982. Curiously, I have some faint recollection of... Oh, never mind. But,I have a Tanka today, one from my collection!

Forgotten Daimyo;
He ruled but only for a day,
Leaving no landmark.
Assassinated through plot,
Gave way to the Bunka clan.

The second part of the council of T81 is now in session until 22:00 GMT-5 tomorrow. Here are my votes.

Spoiler :
Civil Service

Do not add to queue.

Do not add to queue
(Edited after conferring in Congress)

Yes

• Kyoto

I am sad to leave my home in Tokyo, the city I struggled so hard to create. The long march through the wilderness, the scorn of people who told me I would fail. All of it was worthwhile to see my city founded. Sadly a mortal life is not long enough for me to see it reach its potential, but I am sure Daimyo Triskelli will govern wisely.

At my age, I should be thinking about retirement and taking it easy, but for the good of Japan I have agreed to spend what strength I have left trying to solve some of the problems in Osaka. To that end, will the honourable council members please vote to not add anything to the science queue. That way we will be sure to have another vote in 3 turns. I just hope I am still around to see it...

I am sad to leave my home in Tokyo, the city I struggled so hard to create. The long march through the wilderness, the scorn of people who told me I would fail. All of it was worthwhile to see my city founded. Sadly a mortal life is not long enough for me to see it reach its potential, but I am sure Daimyo Triskelli will govern wisely.

At my age, I should be thinking about retirement and taking it easy, but for the good of Japan I have agreed to spend what strength I have left trying to solve some of the problems in Osaka. To that end, will the honourable council members please vote to not add anything to the science queue. That way we will be sure to have another vote in 3 turns. I just hope I am still around to see it...

As I feel the years already as a burden on my body, but also as a source of solace in reflecting on the good times (glossing over some of the atrocities I was party to), I concur with LegionSteve and have changed my vote.

My votes:

Civil Service

Settler.

Do not add to queue

Yes

Kyoto

The second part of the council of T81 is now in session until 22:00 GMT-5 tomorrow.

Spoiler :

Scientific Influence Votes
81-S-1: What shall we research after Iron Working is completed? Do not add to queue.

Economic Influence Votes
81-E-1: Sell dyes to the highest bidder? Yes

Military Influence Vote
81-M-1: What militia shall Senshi Gifuto be given to? Kyoto

Nothing (but sailing is what we need next)

Yes.

I would like it to go to Tokyo, but I'll give support to Ceskari. Gifuto shall go to Kyoto, however I would like to transfer the archers to the defense of Tokyo.

Some notes for Tokyo's further development and contribution to the Empire:
I NEED workboats! The hilly land surrounding Tokyo is not good for population growth, but I need to run production if I am to get this stupid Monument finished... Maybe switch to Granary and preform a forest-chop? Ugh, I don't know... But until I get some workboats, I can't switch to harvest Potosi... I'll work the silver mine until then.

Quick question. Have we found our production city location yet? I'm just wondering if it's in our interest to continue building cities, when we could focus on military production, and take the fight to our neighbors, rather then wait for them. We can still accomplish many of our goals through puppet states.

Quick question. Have we found our production city location yet? I'm just wondering if it's in our interest to continue building cities, when we could focus on military production, and take the fight to our neighbors, rather then wait for them. We can still accomplish many of our goals through puppet states.

I think Tokyo IS our production city: It's on the side of a mountain range, and hills be EVERYWHERE. I just need to get it's act together and growing. I'm AGAINST any more settlers right now, and we shouldn't make any more until we see a unique or strategic resource in a beneficial location.

Here's the Kyoto map, if you were curious:
Spoiler Map of Tokyo :

Top Bottom