Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

I'M ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Though the own gaurd of the city of Osoka is rather important, Tokyo's worker seems unprotected and is bordered by hostile land, we should park a warrior their and then purchase another archer for my own city

Do al;l citizens die if their city is captured by another empire and the city is not burned? Or are we just on stand-by and only die of natural causes until it is taken back?

You should consider having people be reincarnated as great people.

Wait.. .we can't purchase anything, we only have liek 111 gold... has that dye been sold yet?

Jehoshua, it appears our dictionaries have differing definitions of 'ascendance'. I am using it as 'increasing in influence', not neccesarily the dominant faction. After all, it only takes the "accidental" death of daimyo Ceskari and the Kagaku will be the dominant clan in Kyoto by the next council, and the Bunka are the second and third oldest councillors in Japan (beaten only by daimyo LegionSteve who currently appears to be immortal).

I cannot seem to write a response without it sounding like a rant or an attack against some of the members in this game. For now, I will retract my previous story, with one more amicable to everyone. This is just a game so I'm not gonna try and get all flustered about hurting someone's feelings. However, I do think we need to look at what "powers" are possible in a game that is to be representative of the real world. Shooting lighting out of one's hands, or other unnatural abilities is starting to stretch things a bit I think. After all, who's to say that one of our characters doesn't come from a Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far Far Away. Then we could all be Sith Lords running around using the force to kill eachother...

My word of caution is that the actual game events are not going to be effected by individual story lines. So if someone claims to be an all powerful being, and then what happens in the game is they die at the age of 12 or get assassinated by a mere mortal with a dagger in the classical era.... well, that person claiming to be all powerful may end up looking rather silly. I'm sure there are many creative ways to explain the happenings, but the fact will remain that they get removed from power.

The post in and of itself is fine. The problem was the mutilation of a character and ignoring the previously established canon.

---

The first issue presents the problem of future interaction in the storyline, which would understandably be difficult if one couldn;t speak, write or see.

The second presents problems of continuity with the previously established storyline.

These are the main problems that arose in your post, and thats why your post was considered unnaceptable, because it violated these two precepts that if permitted would have led to a convuluted and damaged storyline.

If you respect these fundamental things (allowing for story flow which in your case would of been interrupted by the mutilation) and respecting the previously written stories than your posts should be fine.

---

Now in saying that personally I would disagree with the content on moral and sociological grounds, that is writing such a thing would not be acceptable in my society. However I can understand that different societies have different norms and since this is the internet and Im not the office for the propogation of virtue and prevention of vice (the saudi moral police) I am not overly offended.

But you must also remember that there are people from many societies on this thread and on the internet in general, generally prudence and respect are the better part of valour in that regard. It is generally best to not presume norms based on ones own society and instead stick with general politeness and avoid anything that could otherwise be construed as offensive or innapropriate

---

As to the issue of powers and such, I think you'll find that the people who have given their characters such abilities have ensured limits. (ie the Yamabushi may manipulate the world around him but he's not omnipotent [there are limitations to what he can do] and he's not immortal)

OOC @ Filli Noctus

It all depends on context.

Ascendance can either mean the state of being ascendant or it can mean the process of reaching that state. However the word itself can not be used as a descriptor of the process in relating to a subject, the correct word use there is ascending. Obviously the context meant i got an erroneous impression of your actual intention, that is perfectly understandable.

Eh, people can claim to be whatever they like. The only real concern I have with the storytelling side of this thread is a certain amount of 'godmodding' (as we RPGers call it). Basically there's been a certain (not huge) amount of people writing major events for others characters. To a certain extent that's neccessary to prevent this thread being 1,000 pages of single sentence posts as we wait have to react to everyone else's every move, but when it's a major event in a characters evolution it should be written by the characters 'owner'. If a major event involves multiple characters it should be discussed in PM before being written up.
Of course mischaracterisation of another from your own perspective is no problem whatsoever.

I can agree with Filli Noctus there.

For example the whole duel thing was sorted out way in advance between myself and Triskelli.

Of course i did put a placeholder in that caused some confusion because i wanted it to be before Gethe was removed rather than after, since that fitted better plotwise, but overall we sorted out the issue amicably and to a general agreement. If anything that confusion showed the importance of mutual consultation before any major character interaction as I failed to properly inform Triskelli (and everyone else) that it (my post) was meant to be editted later.

Hmmm I notice that ShadowNX was 16 when he died. Is it possible that his death was actually an embarrassing combination of too much cheap cider and an incident involving a glossy magazine, possibly with a My Chemical Romance soundtrack?

^^ :lol:

I didn't see CS was avalible. Being dead has messed mith my eyes. Also it was 6.30 in the morning.... CS is better than MC.

The Great Wilderness

Draknith had been traveling for about a month. He was enjoying his solitude, and gaining vital skills he could use on the battle field. In fact one great scene he witnessed was a group of wolves hunting a small deer. The wolves during the attack broke up, and one wolf in particular moved around a large rock while the others chased the deer. Soon enough, the wolves changed their direction and forced the deer to enter an area near the rock. The wolf sprang out and attacked with one quick bite, and the deer was down.

"Interesting," Draknith thought to himself, "such a noble creature, and a great battle tactic if I have ever seen one."

During this time Draknith came upon a group of Japanese archers. At his first arrival the group was on edge.

"Who are you? Are you friend or foe?" Questioned the man clearly the leader of the group.

"I am Draknith formally from the city of Kyoto," Draknith responded.

The bow wielding men put down their guard a bit and introduced themselves. After the introductions the leader, Shashu Yajirushi asked Draknith to join him to hear about what has been going on in the Empire. They both sat and discussed the new military equipment being developed, the growth of the various cities, the expansion of the Empire, and the political turmoil that had embroiled the capital. Soon the men became friends, and Yajirushi invited Draknith to join the force. Draknith accepted, but requested that he be allowed to leave if and when he saw fit to do so. Yajirushi accepted and Draknith was given the look-out position for the group. Although it was the lowest rank in the warrior division, Draknith proposed that it would be the most fitting one for him. He wished not to develop animosities with the other archers who had been there long before him.

On the third night of watch, Draknith spotted a light in the ocean. From his bag he pulled a device used in Huberia to see far away objects. What he saw through that looking glass was a familiar sight, one that brought him fame in Kyoto. The sight was a barbarian ship, and from their positioning he knew they were headed for the coast. He gathered his things and headed to Yajirushi's tent. Upon entering Draknith stumbled upon an interesting party of Yajirushi and three women. He attempted to excuse himself when Yajirushi said, "Come Draknith, take leave of your post for a moment. Enjoy one of these women."

Draknith spotted a young woman who seemed to eye him quite exotically. However, for the moment there were more pressing matters to attend to.

"Sir, I have spotted a barbarian ship approaching our location. I recommend we lead a party to destroy them. However, since you are occupied at the time may I request to lead the expedition," said Draknith.

Yajiushi stood up dressed in nothing and said, "There is always time for this fun, but the fun of battle must be taken up when it presents itself. Draknith, gather the men. Perhaps we will celebrate a victory tonight!"

Draknith gathered the men, and they made their way to the shore awaiting the ship. Many of the men wished to fire upon the ship as it sailed, however Draknith requested that the group wait until they began moving ashore. The element of surprise would be on their side at that point. Yajirushi agreed with Draknith, and the group covered themselves and waited for the right time to strike. Soon enough the small barbarian boat came ashore, and as the men began departing the ship Draknith moved into action. He boarded the ship and began slaying all those in front of him. Arrows flying all around him from his companions on shore. The barbarians were caught off guard completely. Soon others were joining in on the fight. Draknith tossed a dagger to a fellow Japanese soldier, the man caught it, and immediately plunged it into the heart of a barbarian. Blood spewed forth from the man, and the duo smirked at each other before engaging the rest of the barbarians. Within 20 minutes the battle was over. The Japanese were victorious and supplies were off loaded from the boat before setting it aflame and sinking it into the sea. A celebration was had and the troops drank and ate well into the morning. Upon arriving back at his tent Draknith noticed the woman from before the battle laying in his bed. He smiled at the woman and she removed the blanket exposing her nakedness to him. The two stayed together from that day forth. Draknith was finding happiness again, and love.

The day after the young woman explained who she was and how she came with the army with her mother and father to support them as many women did. She was the daughter of a Bunka clansman. Draknith no longer cared about the clans and their differences. He was a warrior again, and all he cared for was the woman. She composed this haiku for him.

Warm Summer Evening
Battle Upon Our Men
Love Spring Forth Anew

Nine months later a young child was born to the couple. Draknith expressed his desire to return to the city as the wilderness was no place for the child, Yajirushi agreed and mourned the departure of his friend. A great celebration was held for Draknith, Asuki his wife, and Inuyasha (haha) their son.

In the Office of the Daimyo of Kyoto, partly as a result of the negotiations in the First Japan Congress, I put forth these ballots to vote on, in addition to 81-M-1 which is a mandatory vote considering Senshi Gifuto:

When Great Library is built, Kyoto will get to choose the technology by local influence vote. What technology shall we choose (List all that apply)?

What shall we research after Iron Working is completed (Include "Do not place research in queue")?

Now that we have +2 happiness, shall we entrust Oni Yahzuk to negotiate and trade Dyes to the highest bidder?

After the Great Library, Kyoto shall build the Oracle. What shall we place in the queue after Oracle (List all that apply)?

What shall be the orders for the new Warrior Senshi Gifuto if he is given to YOUR control?

• Make haste to YOUR city
    Garrison in YOUR city
    Explore and hunt down Barbarian units, retreating to heal when in "red"
    Stay on Alert
In addition, I will decree the following:

The Citizen mining West of Kyoto shall be unlocked, and Kyoto shall select "avoid growth" preference for Citizen management.

Kyoto, February 8th, 850 BC (whatever that means)

Proposed switch
To try to restore proper government (or any kind of government at all) in Osaka, I propose to switch places with Triskelli. Hopefully Triskelli will be along shortly to respond to this proposal.

Oni Yahzuk - am I right in thinking the switch happens at the end of the first stage of Council, meaning I don't get to propose any votes in Osaka until next time?

To expand on filli_noctus's post, can we separate deaths and actual assassinations? I get that Jehoshua would want to claim it as an assassination for PR reasons, but ShadowNX writing it as a factual assassination seems weird when there are actual assassinations...

Proposed switch
To try to restore proper government (or any kind of government at all) in Osaka, I propose to switch places with Triskelli. Hopefully Triskelli will be along shortly to respond to this proposal.

Oni Yahzuk - am I right in thinking the switch happens at the end of the first stage of Council, meaning I don't get to propose any votes in Osaka until next time?

Just passing by to confirm the exchange program... Tokyo will be on the front lines, and is in need of a military mind to lead it.:)

Top Bottom