China 130x130 bic and bix

SithasLLJK

Chieftain
This map was heavily inspired by Mongoloid Cow's China map, but I needed a smaller one for a scenario and had no need for the north of Asia, so I decided to make my own. There are no start locations or resources, and the rules are slightly edited. Just disable custom rules to turn them off. Modder's map. Comments are welcome.

edit: Changed the mountain ranges and Gobi desert as well as overall terrain.

Here's a picture:

And the file:

Attachments

• china.zip
    93.7 KB · Views: 529
I play vanilla Civ3, & when I tried to start a game with this map, I got a msg saying "Cannot open file, it may be corrupt" or something to that effect. So I figured this map must be for PTW. So, vanilla users, here's your warning.

There's sposed to be both a bic and a bix file, apparently. Maybe you opened the bix file by mistake; maybe there's bic file in the zipped archive that would work for you?

Just downloaded it, there is a bic file so it should work with vanilla.

Apparently, files with extension ".bic" are supposed to be compatible with vanilla, while ".bix" files are for PTW. Maybe that's why I see a Civ3 icon for BICs & a generic Windows icon for BIXes. BIXes don't even show in the directory window when I start a game & choose which scenario to play. So I guess now I've got myself a question that belongs in the Tech Support forum, haven't I?

i think i've saw this map on civ3.com, great map! :goodjob:, one small suggestion, the northern part isn't all that desert, it's more like a highland/forest area

Sorry about not replying, haven't really kept up on the boards in a very long time -- but do you have any pictures that I could reference for China, Eastern Knight? I tried pretty hard to find any sort of terrain maps for China, but found very little outside of height, so I just guesstimated the entire Gobi desert region.

the Gobi Desert isn't all that big, and it's only 3% sand, but the northern part is desert-izing pretty quick, to many trees cut down each year, it should look somewhat like this on an elevation map:

Attachments

• mongol_elevation.jpg
    mongol_elevation.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 526
oh, and one more thing, there shouldn't be any desert in the Tibetan Plateau (Qingzang Gaoyuan), it's all mountains and hills

Top Bottom