1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Chit Chat

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Jimmy369, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

This is where you can hang out and learn more about our fellow team members. Feel free to put anything you want in here.

2. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

How do I post a screenshot without making a thumbnail attachment? I donèt know how to do this for the turn logs and I will run out of attachment space at this rate.

3. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

One option is to post the images to ImageShack or some other image hosting service. These are free services but you'll have to register at the site. Once you upload the image the site will give you a link to copy and you can paste that link into your CivFanatics post. This is a good way to use thumbnails.

Some places block ImageShack so all team members might not be able to see the images at work. :mischief: We've had that problem on our [c3c] team. PhotoBucket is another hosting service. I am sure there are others.

4. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

[c3c] MTDG 1 - Team KISS - joined midgame but didn't do much
    [c3c] MTDG 2 - Team FREE - in from the start, still very active in the game

[civ4] MTDG 1 - not involved

5. donsig

[c3c] MTDG 1 - Team TNT - Joined at start, lost interest when Team Donut burned one of our cities (they were mad cause we stole a worker from them early on), gave up when Team KISS invaded us, joined the remaining team as a refugee.
    [c3c] MTDG 2 - Team The Council - Joined at start, was an early turn player, still involved though teams FREE and SABER have attacked us. :(

[civ4] MTDG 1 - not involved

6. tariqari

tariqari Warlord

Just reporting in that I will be absent the rest of the week due to final exams. Saturday here I come! :D

7. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

[c3c] MTDG 1 - Team TNT - Joined at start, lost interest following the very complex arbitration mechanism of then UN, extending the rules beyond the agreed rules in the renaming of our capital. The game moderators gave away too many secrets to KISS, and I felt I did not want to play in a game where one team dictated new rules as they saw it fit, with the confused consent of game moderators. Until that very point, TNT was a game leader. That political machination and legal obfuscation killed my interest, that, and the massive trolling campaign and propaganda war conducted to back up that false claim. Except for that, I had quite good relations with the rest of the team, we discussed, proposed and voted, and followed the votes to the letter. Team KISS used this constructed legal feint to get enough intel to support their invasion, which is why I do not trust Team Santa this game, they are mostly dominated by that Team KISS core.

[c3c] MTDG 2 - Observer/lurker in Team Babe, I like what I see, and just read and enjoy.

[civ4] MTDG 1 - followed the Team of 1889 and Dutchfire, good technical players, but not great on grand strategy, followed as observer [/QUOTE]

8. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

Do we need/would it be helpful to have a thread/post that indicates the MTDG history of the other teams?

That would be good reference material, but I don't know how useful it would be.

9. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

I suggest we do this for cluster of associates only, people bringing themselves as bigger groups to a new team. Then its an interesting sociological thing we got to deal with. For example, I like Donsig, he is a good and fun poster, so he had some impact on me choosing this team.

10. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

People will naturally form into groups wherever they are. Reading the aspects of the group is where it gets interesting. Sometimes you can find out stuff about the individual from their group and vice versa.

11. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

How is every one doing for the holidays? Will we need to slow down or are we good? Turn players, I think you carry most of the decision there. I should be able to enter comments for most of the holiday.

12. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

[c3c] MTDG 1 I was on team MIA. I was one of the founding members and I was the first president, until someone much more talented came around and showed us how to actually polay, that being Chamnix :worship: And then I went on being team captain and basically someone who had fun while winning.

[c3c] MTDG 2 I am on Team SABER, but I was not as involved in it as I was in the previous one and right now I am just a very infrequent lurker, but early on I was more active, but once I go [civ4[] to work I lost interest in [c3c] Frpm what I have seen when I went back that again this team is doing very weel, again due to the great skill ofChamnix. I must say that he is a god at [c3c]

[civ4] MTDG 1 I was on team Epsilon and I was one of the few active players left when things started to go down as far as people involvement was concerned. Since I joined this when I did not play the game, for the first part I was lurking since it was a good way to learn the game, but once I finally got the game working I got involved, but by that tme the grand strategy that Memphus worked out wasin full swing I really was not needed, but I still had fun being in this team.

So far I have been on two completed MTDGs and I have been one the winning side, so perhas this is an omen that you guys being with me is a lucky charm. Of course the great skill of the players around me had nothing to do with it. ;) (Blast that stupid Christmas smilie)

13. donsig

My girlfriend got me Beyond the Sword for my birthday. :love:

14. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

My wife and son conspired to give me Civ4 Gold and BTS for Christmas. But with his wedding and everything (one more local event this weekend), I've only been able to play for 30 minutes! :cry:

15. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

I got Bts for Christmas, as well as Spore and Warcraft3. There aren't enough hours in the day!!

16. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Spore came out - isn't it supposed to be delayed or something?

17. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

I don't know. I do know that there is an expansion coming out in the near future, though.

18. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

Please comment on the Historical events thread. I want to make sure that I try not to leave anything major out.

19. donsig

I think the historical record is great. I assume the next edition will feature sheep versus horses and wandering workboats. :goodjob:

20. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I have not read in a while because I did not see any new posts. I thought it was great so far. Did you mention "Potterygate" as promised? Don't forget to play up the coronation of King Kaleb!!!