From Swiss
To Prussia:

We can only accept a military alliance.

From Kim Jong Un
To Damn Imperialist Slave States of NATO:

I WILL SURVIVE YOUR NUKES!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to video.

OOC: Serious: Mat was not a good sport.

Daed mind want to leave this game. Seriously: Mat might just nuke you. Come to Tani's Terios and Son's Rev so we can play together. There is room in both games for you Daed.

OOC: this leaving is a leaving but the drones now have their land returned. I suggest Son gives Mat a lecture on co-operation...

OOC: Do I have to list every instance I have cooperated with another nation? With Peru over South American droids (before most other ppl were making deals with each other), with Prussia over their economical growth, with us gifting Spain North American provinces, and even this turn, with USA over the rest of North America, and every Dominion province bordering Spain that were specified directly in my orders to not be nuked to allow Spain to attack them.

What the hell did I even do? Do I look like goddamn Egypt?

It was a reluctant pre-emptive strike. We had no way of knowing what you would of done had we nuked the Dominion (we had enough IC reasons to seriously consider doing that in the thread anyway), and mostly Sonereal's suggestion to attack/nuke you before the Dominion.

RSA, i was on somewhat lukewarm terms.

Im leaving this and if it were possible, i would nominate the RSA player for banned from IOT games.

It was harsh. IC-wise, it probably wasn't exactly the most sporting thing to do, and we weren't exactly at each others throats. Backstabbing, probably; unsporting, debatable; within the rules, definitely.

OOC: Serious: Mat was not a good sport.

Says the one that was continuously threatening nukes if we invaded London; whats the best way to avoid invading: nukes. Ignoring OOC disputes between us, there was probably more IC disputes than there is between North Korea and USA IRL right now. That and there were clear warnings in the updates saying that nuclear war was likely to come...we had been discussing it for a few turns, and if you really didn't expect any kind of attack, that is your fault for not seeing the warning signs.

OOC: You really cannot complain about it being unsporting. Everyone else has a point, but you don't. Really.

IC: Also, there was this from christos in the NATO social group:

christos200 said:
Once you finish off the Droids, the nation or alliance that takes over the world wins. In this case, if NATO takes over the entire world (or nukes all province it does not control), you will win.

Not sure if everyone knew that, but thats why some strikes were pre-emptive. It would of ended with nuclear war anyway...we just got the first shot in.

OOC: Do I have to list every instance I have cooperated with another nation? With Peru over South American droids (before most other ppl were making deals with each other), with Prussia over their economical growth, with us gifting Spain North American provinces, and even this turn, with USA over the rest of North America, and every Dominion province bordering Spain that were specified directly in my orders to not be nuked to allow Spain to attack them.

Nuking is not co-operation. It is aggression.

It was a reluctant pre-emptive strike. We had no way of knowing what you would of done had we nuked the Dominion (we had enough IC reasons to seriously consider doing that in the thread anyway), and mostly Sonereal's suggestion to attack/nuke you before the Dominion.

SONE! I knew you plotted this trollish act! /insanemadfunnytobeconsideredyellthatsone

It was harsh. IC-wise, it probably wasn't exactly the most sporting thing to do, and we weren't exactly at each others throats. Backstabbing, probably; unsporting, debatable; within the rules, definitely.

It was however unsporting and frankly not fun.

Says the one that was continuously threatening nukes if we invaded London; whats the best way to avoid invading: nukes. Ignoring OOC disputes between us, there was probably more IC disputes than there is between North Korea and USA IRL right now. That and there were clear warnings in the updates saying that nuclear war was likely to come...we had been discussing it for a few turns, and if you really didn't expect any kind of attack, that is your fault for not seeing the warning signs.

My goodness...

OOC: I have been in argument OOC and IC because MED means that a nation would not rationally nuke each other in case of destruction! You broke political laws!

IC wise you basically killed countless civilians in the process... your nation is now worse than the drones.

The warning signs per say was Christos trying to play up I hoped... alas I did not realise players where that foolish and without consideration to morality in RP.

OOC: You really cannot complain about it being unsporting. Everyone else has a point, but you don't. Really.

I do have a point; a very point RP and OOC wise of you basically just pushing me out of the game.

Not sure if everyone knew that, but thats why some strikes were pre-emptive. It would of ended with nuclear war anyway...we just got the first shot in.

...and so Christos needs to improve his GM skills, including NOT ADVISING PLAYERS TO RESULT TO NUCLEAR WARFARE. Mutual ensured destruction is not hold a global view for nothing.

Nuking is not co-operation. It is aggression.

I was obviously not pointing out I was cooperating with you...but with other nations in the war against you. Yes I was being aggressive towards the Dominion, and other non-NATO nations. You should note that as far as I'm aware, I broke 1 agreement throughout the entire game, the one on not nuking other humans that only you and I agreed to, which you did say you would rip up in certain conditions; so its not entirely unexpected to not see me limiting myself while other nations aren't (that they wouldn't nuke others was likely, but more than possible).

It was however unsporting and frankly not fun.

I can see your point on that. I don't entirely agree, but its a fair point.

My goodness...

OOC: I have been in argument OOC and IC because MED means that a nation would not rationally nuke each other in case of destruction! You broke political laws!

IC wise you basically killed countless civilians in the process... your nation is now worse than the drones.

The warning signs per say was Christos trying to play up I hoped... alas I did not realise players where that foolish and without consideration to morality in RP.

Political Laws in RL, being as we make our own countries we make our own laws.

IC wise, it is not possible to just remove the leadership of a nation (OOC: not the player, just force a kind of ruler change to one more favourable to what we want), so we did the next best thing and nearly removed the nation. IC wise we are a brutal nation, but the winners write the history books...we could easily have it covered up in 100 years or so and blame someone else. Its happened before IRL (not on this scale granted).

I do have a point; a very point RP and OOC wise of you basically just pushing me out of the game.

Not really pushing you out of the game. Your IC diplomacy led to less than favourable relations between nations...so it was somewhat likely that war would come at some point. Strategically, it would be unwise to strike lightly, invade conventionally, when you already stated you would nuke us if we invaded you. Why would we risk letting you nuke us before we had a chance? Also, based on your diplomacy...a small strike wouldn't even allow us to meet our original war aims...based on lack of IC negotiating in previous 'flashpoints'.

In other words: Your IC diplomacy forced us to strike hard if we would strike at all. And we had IC reasons for wanting to strike anyway.

...and so Christos needs to improve his GM skills, including NOT ADVISING PLAYERS TO RESULT TO NUCLEAR WARFARE. Mutual ensured destruction is not hold a global view for nothing.

I will agree he probably should of told everyone, but blaming him for the nukes isn't accurate.

OOC: It is a game. Granted I was overaggressive towards some nations/players, to them I apologise. But that was merely IC ruthless/win at all costs strategic decisions, not OOC I hate you all and want to go crazy on you.

I was obviously not pointing out I was cooperating with you...but with other nations in the war against you. Yes I was being aggressive towards the Dominion, and other non-NATO nations. You should note that as far as I'm aware, I broke 1 agreement throughout the entire game, the one on not nuking other humans that only you and I agreed to, which you did say you would rip up in certain conditions; so its not entirely unexpected to not see me limiting myself while other nations aren't (that they wouldn't nuke others was likely, but more than possible).

And from a IC position killing many people.

Political Laws in RL, being as we make our own countries we make our own laws.

We base our ways on RL in IOTs and these are suppose to have a political policy to them.

IC wise, it is not possible to just remove the leadership of a nation (OOC: not the player, just force a kind of ruler change to one more favourable to what we want), so we did the next best thing and nearly removed the nation. IC wise we are a brutal nation, but the winners write the history books...we could easily have it covered up in 100 years or so and blame someone else. Its happened before IRL (not on this scale granted).

You removed a nation and killed its peoples? Do not presume: your great acts of evil might have caused a rebellion. Trust us: commencing such a act of evil like you done is... notable.

Not really pushing you out of the game. Your IC diplomacy led to less than favourable relations between nations...so it was somewhat likely that war would come at some point. Strategically, it would be unwise to strike lightly, invade conventionally, when you already stated you would nuke us if we invaded you. Why would we risk letting you nuke us before we had a chance? Also, based on your diplomacy...a small strike wouldn't even allow us to meet our original war aims...based on lack of IC negotiating in previous 'flashpoints'.

You did push us. Our blanter was blanter but not something to set it out directly. We said we would nuke you only if you attacked us: mutual ensured destruction, a rule that was maintained in the Cold War for maintaining peace, not going to war.

In other words: Your IC diplomacy forced us to strike hard if we would strike at all. And we had IC reasons for wanting to strike anyway.

No it did not. Your only IC reason is to be as worse as drones in reguarrds.

OOC: It is a game. Granted I was overaggressive towards some nations/players, to them I apologise. But that was merely IC ruthless/win at all costs strategic decisions, not OOC I hate you all and want to go crazy on you.

OOC: basicaly you played to win?

Playing to win is a foolish path of the IOTer. You have broken the fundemental concept of community and break the fun of other players. It is a game, hence the fun factor has to be considered and winning is not what you did but rather broke the entertaiment for the likes of AA, especilly as IC wise AA's nation's only crime was fighing the drones... just saying your aided them.

Anyway I suggest Christos in the future reconsiders WMDs. There is a reason why they are controvercial in IOTs. They have been made too cheap and powerful in this game with no defence for the human players. Just saying.

Anyway I suggest Christos in the future reconsiders WMDs. There is a reason why they are controvercial in IOTs. They have been made too cheap and powerful in this game with no defence for the human players. Just saying.

OOC: Nuclear weapons are expensive, and there was a defense against them.

The defense would've been to bend the knee.

OOC: Actually, Kazhakstan and the Dominion are not so doomed. They have lost most of their provinces and most of their armies, but Factories and Farms are not destroyed, so they have lost a lot of income, but surely not all of it. So Kazakhstan will still have 1000 or 2000 IC. So not all hope is lost.

:looks at map:

:wonders how damage calculations are performed:

IC to those involved: What say you, Dominion? Swear fealty and your last population centers will be spared. Or else you will be baptized with the glowing flame, and the people of your subjugated countries subjugated to the Sickness for generations to come.

Bend the knee? I couldn't possibly have seen this coming unless I had freaking omniscience.

It was a reluctant pre-emptive strike. We had no way of knowing what you would of done had we nuked the Dominion (we had enough IC reasons to seriously consider doing that in the thread anyway),

I would have said "What the hell you guys?" and then invaded Istanbul with a deathstack.

and mostly Sonereal's suggestion to attack/nuke you

Link to video.

I don't care that it's unsporting. It's ridiculous. You carpet nuked Asia.

And how would I have possibly known that either?

I did not advised them to nuke you. I just told them that the game does not end with the defeat of the Droids, but with a player or alliance taking over the world.

That's not host-supplied information I had access to until after it mattered. I'm inherently and needlessly at a disadvantage.

1) No one asked me if there was a way to win. I thought that, like in all IOT's, it would be expected that taking over the world would lead to victory.

2) I had warned a bit in the update that a global nuclear war could start.

1) No one asked me if there was a way to win. I thought that, like in all IOT's, it would be expected that taking over the world would lead to victory.

2) I had warned a bit in the update that a global nuclear war could start.

That still doesn't make it fair for the supposedly unbiased host to tell one alliance that it wouldn't be a bad idea to nuke the other guys.

Anyway, I want to apologize for considering this information to be known.

That still doesn't make it fair for the supposedly unbiased host to tell one alliance that it wouldn't be a bad idea to nuke the other guys.

I never told them to nuke you.

Here is the question of Mat:

Or we could nuke/take out the droids in 1 turn, instantly ending the game...

And that was my reply:

Once you finish off the Droids, the nation or alliance that takes over the world wins. In this case, if NATO takes over the entire world (or nukes all province it does not control), you will win.

It would have been fine if you had answered that in public, but you didn't.

It also would've been fine if they used conventional tactics but nooooo they had to use friggin nukes. Nukes make everything boring.

It also would've been fine if they used conventional tactics but nooooo they had to use friggin nukes. Nukes make everything boring.

I did not tell them ''Nuke the guys''. I told them ''Using conventional tactics or nukes to wipe out all other nations both lead to victory''.

Yeah I wasn't complaining at you about that part.

Top Bottom