1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Chronicles of Mankind

Discussion in 'Modmods, add-ons and scenarios' started by Zeta Nexus, Feb 28, 2019.

1. PoliticalMonkey

PoliticalMonkey Chieftain

Love this mod and glad to see continued development! Thank you.

Kind of a weird question, but does BarbarianCiv work on Hot Seat? Sometimes I play with 3-4 different civs in one game for a different flavor and it appears that barb civs are not emerging. Possibly a legacy issue (I've tinkered with the RevConfig settings and city size to emerge, etc..), curious to see if there's a way to re-enable or if I am just crazy and BarbCiv should work by default in MP.

2. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

:hatsoff:

I never tried barbarian civs with hot seat... Actually I never tried hot seat at all.
    Time is possible that you have changed something so it is broken.
    I suggest restoring RevConfig. In BUG menu there is an option that sets the size requirement of barb civs. It's population 5 IIRC so you may try lowering it.

3. moviebrain

moviebrain Chieftain

Great Work with the new update! I like all the changes that you made.

Unfortunately i came across a minor bug that doesn't affect the game (so far).
    When i open the Domestic Advisor (F1) or the Revolution Watch i get these Errors:
    or.jpg nl.jpg
    Each followed after clicking OK by this rather funny Error:
    er.jpg

These Errors occur only once after each gameload.
    I can use the Advisors without any problems if i click the errors away.

I checked the CIV4ArtDefines_Movie.xml for errors and found this:
    <Type>ART_DEF_MOVIE_OIL_REFINERY </Type>
    <Type>ART_DEF_BUILDING_NAZCA</Type>

and as an extra an incomplete duplicate entry of the SydneyOperaHouse
    <Type>ART_DEF_MOVIE_</Type>
    <Path>Art/Movies/Wonders/SydneyOperaHouse.bik</Path>

After removing the empty spaces at the end of the first entry this error was solved.

But changing the second entry to <Type>ART_DEF_MOVIE_NAZCA</Type> or <Type>ART_DEF_MOVIE_NAZCALINES</Type> had no effect.
    Changing it to <Type>ART_DEF_MOVIE_NAZCA_LINES</Type> finally solved this error.

Was this the right solution?

4. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Yes, that's it. I myself have encountered these errors today and are already part of my yet not released patch. Since this error doesn't break the game I don't hurry with the patch. I will publish it when I have more things done. But thanks for the feedback :thumbsup:

BTW what is your opinion on the new "Difficulty scaling with empire size" feature?

5. moviebrain

moviebrain Chieftain

The dummy "City" building?
    Well, i currently have 8 cities and i don´t think i can feel the effects right now.
    But i like the idea, it could make the game a little harder in the long run.
    Is the AI also affected by this building? And is the effect unique per each city or are they somehow stacked?

6. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Yes, that's it.
    Well... See when you have 40 cities ;)

Yes, it happens with the AI too.
    The effects are commutative, so with 40 cities you will have -40% :culture:, great person birth, etc, golden ages last 40% shorter, anarchies 40% longer and gaining great generals is 40% harder.

7. alstone

alstone Chieftain

god i hate how the myths work,,just giving,, i literally can spend a day starting new games just to not have a myth my civ wouldn't normally have ,,course this is really just a rp factor course not even close to my real pet pive of the lack of multiplayer advancements

8. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Could you clarify it a bit?