Chronicles of Mankind

My hunter was to attack a boar. Then the game asked me if I wanted to declare war against Barbarian. :confused:
Never happened to me such thing :twitch:
I don't know what could cause it. Maybe some game or BUG settings?

Unfortunately recently my game started to keep crashing every time I finish my turn. It doesn't seem like the problem is caused by the weight of the mod and my save because in the past it worked properly and it crashes even in very early saves. Do you have any solution for that?
So I can only recommend reinstalling the mod or even Civ4.

I did not see the following feature listed in the set-up:

Difficulty Scaling with Empire Size:
New feature in version 1.1.
The bigger your empire gets, the harder it is to manage. Now not only the maintenance increases but other aspects also change to prevent snowballing over smaller civs and keep the game challenging. Great People Rate, Great General Rate, Golden Age Length and Culture all decrease by 1% per Cities. Anarchy Length, War Weariness and Hurry Production Cost all increase by 1% per City.

Does that mean this happens automatically every game no matter the settings?

I do see Dynamic Difficulty in the setup, where every 50 turns at normal speed the game increases in difficulty. Does this work well with the above?

Does that mean this happens automatically every game no matter the settings?
Yes.
I do see Dynamic Difficulty in the setup, where every 50 turns at normal speed the game increases in difficulty. Does this work well with the above?
Yes, those work fine together.

The goal with difficulty increasing with empire size is to slow down the steamroll effect, which is "The bigger your empire, the easier it is to grow bigger".

That is great. I will try them together.

One more question. Have you implemented any of the AI improvements from K-Mod or the more recent AI improvements in AdvCiv by f1rpo? Just wondering.

One more question. Have you implemented any of the AI improvements from K-Mod or the more recent AI improvements in AdvCiv by f1rpo? Just wondering.
No, not yet, but I that it will happen in the near future.

I don't know, but I imagine it might be hard to make many of those AI changes work effectively as I guess they were designed for the vanilla game, units, and tech tree. But that would be great if you could implement at least some of them. The AI in AdvCiv is so much better that it's really fun to play against. For example, if I attack a city with an overwhelming number of units, the AI will just abandon that city and move back to a position that is more defensible. It's just so great to play against in so many ways. So good luck on that. Thanks for the mod. I look forward to play soon!

Rise of mankind and following modmodmodmods,
Are all based on the same origin,
Revdcm and bettee ai.

Porting kmod or advc is years of work if any.
Its just two separated trees.

I once chose to go with kmod, mainly due to multiplayer stability.

But, revdcm has huge still kicking community.

<Question 1>
I am running Palace economy civic. Four of my cities have Store House but only one of them is working. Three of them are not gaining anything from resources. City-surrounding resources are all connected by cart path or road. Any idea?

<Q2>
Each city has one unhappy population saying "We hate how large our nation is". It looks different from "We hate our government" thing. Why does that happen?

<Q3>
How can i know if a captured animal has a chance to settle on a specific tile? Even at the same type of terrain, some tiles give 10% chance of settling, some does not.

Enjoying your mod a lot:thumbsup: Thank you.

Q1
I have seen that problem myself too but honestly I have no idea what's causing it. It may be something hidden from me in the dll.

Q2
That's a feature from AND2. If you build too many cities your citizens will feel neglected and unhappy. Too large empire is relative: What's huge in the ancient era, is middle sized in the medieval era and may even be small in the modern era. So it scales with eras.

Q3
If a tile already has a resource on it but you cannot see it (like Uranium) than there is no chance of settling. You also cannot settle two of the same time of resources next to each other.

Enjoying your mod a lot:thumbsup: Thank you.
Happy to hear that! Have fun! :)

So you are saying I can use animals to scout for resources? Noted.

It seems that only the most recently built store house works well.
If Store house is not working as intended, Palace Economy civic may need some buff. It has no other benefit than Store House now.
What would you say to letting Palace get some commerce or gold income from every resource available for the whole empire? Because its name is "Palace" economy.

So you are saying I can use animals to scout for resources? Noted.
But only inside your borders. And all you will know is "There is something here. But is it Copper, that I will reveal in 10 turns or is it Uranium? Or is it Bananas?"
There are way more resources in this mod than in BtS and they also reveal later. Basically all resources need tech.

But only inside your borders. And all you will know is "There is something here. But is it Copper, that I will reveal in 10 turns or is it Uranium? Or is it Bananas?"
There are way more resources in this mod than in BtS and they also reveal later. Basically all resources need tech.
Than how do you know where to settle? In vanilla you can see most resources right off the bat so you know at least theoretically if you are settling a good place or not. With only surprises being stuff like iron, copper, oil and uran. But like if you can't even see stuff like plantation resources how do you know you're settling a decent spot or not?

That just sounds like a recipe for frustration when down the line you discover how better your city would have been just one tile sideways. Or worse yet, for the absolutely unforgivable ultimate sin of settling on a resource.

In AND2 / CoM it doesn't work the same way as in vanilla. Different but works very good. It's a different approach, I could say more realistic (?). At least it's more immersive. The early game has a slower pace. It's especially true for CoM: you have more time to explore the world around, hunt animals, etc.
It's not that "chess-like" as BtS (at least as much as I remember BtS).
Than how do you know where to settle?
Basically you are usually given a good start location. Yeah, you may want to go a few tiles away to settle next to a river or on the coast but usually the start locations are fine - with a few exceptions of course such as a tiny island or arctic area.
And actually you do see some resources from the start, the ones revealed by your starting techs.
Or worse yet, for the absolutely unforgivable ultimate sin of settling on a resource.
And why is that bad? What's wrong with gaining access to the resource as soon as the tech allows it instead of waiting for your workers to "Finish that quarry already :gripe: " ?

In AND2 / CoM it doesn't work the same way as in vanilla. Different but works very good. It's a different approach, I could say more realistic (?). At least it's more immersive. The early game has a slower pace. It's especially true for CoM: you have more time to explore the world around, hunt animals, etc.
It's not that "chess-like" as BtS (at least as much as I remember BtS).
I'll definitively have to give it a go than. Sounds fun.

And why is that bad? What's wrong with gaining access to the resource as soon as the tech allows it instead of waiting for your workers to "Finish that quarry already :gripe: " ?
It's ugly. Plus most resources are really much more worth for the tile yield than the actual resource. And settling on them removes that tile yield from the equation. But mostly it's just that it's ugly and thus a sin.

If I ever make a mod, any mod, the one thing I am going to do for sure is make resources, even undiscovered ones, unsettlable. Everyone has a thing they hate in life, and this is mine.

Last edited:
So I can only recommend reinstalling the mod or even Civ4.[/QUOTE]
Hi, there is a document with instructions that i can follow to reinstall everything, because my husband installed it a year ago, and now is crashing every time a end my turn and he is no available to help me to fix it, so i wanna do it by my self but i already mess up :lol::crazyeye::blush:

Well it's a very basic thing.
Just go to your Civ4 folder -> delete it.
Than insert your Civ4 CD, install Civ4, than Warlords, than BtS, than 3.19 patch.
Than you install CoM to BtS/assets/mods by unpacking the archive.

Well it's a very basic thing.
Just go to your Civ4 folder -> delete it.
Than insert your Civ4 CD, install Civ4, than Warlords, than BtS, than 3.19 patch.
Than you install CoM to BtS/assets/mods by unpacking the archive.
Thanks, but now I have another question, i couldn't find a 3.19 patch that is working properly, :blush: my version of the game is from Steam, and according to what I read when reinstalling it already has patch 3.19, I just want to be sure if I can continue with the rest, thanks again:)

Top Bottom