Chronicles of Mankind

Hello, Modder. I have bad problem with your COC MOD MOD. Main Problem isn't MOD error but Civ 4 engine itself. Engine become so old. It cause lack delay even time to time CTD Even in High end PC. One of The upcoming Game HumanKind are welcome and open for Modder-I know one of game beta tester- and the game is very slimier with Rise of Mankind A New Dawn. Please, can you change this mod in New game engine? I'm freelancer make only little money but if you do. I will support you month as patron.

Then Can you upgrade engine into more advance Civ version like 5 or 6?
Mechanics > graphics. There are som huge problems with both civ 5 and civ 6, some of these are:
  • Terrible AI, most likely due to the 1 unit-per-tile rule.
  • Both civ 5 and civ 6 lack systems which are vital to this mod, on of them being the civic system.
  • Civ 6 got a lot of additional system which aren't really needed for this mod, it would be clunky to get around them. Im thinking of the culture tech tree for example.
  • Some systems work is a completely different way, which would not be compatible. Civs 6's espionage system, and the great person system is not compatible with the civ 4 equivalents.
It cause lack delay even time to time CTD Even in High end PC
I have a 10 year old computer, yet i experience no big delays. The time between turns for me becomes slightly noticeable during the industrial era, on a Huge map with around 15 civs. With those setting the time between turns is as long as 0.5-1 minute, which I'm fine with. Are you experiencing longer delays?

Mechanics > graphics. There are som huge problems with both civ 5 and civ 6, some of these are:
  • Terrible AI, most likely due to the 1 unit-per-tile rule.
  • Both civ 5 and civ 6 lack systems which are vital to this mod, on of them being the civic system.
  • Civ 6 got a lot of additional system which aren't really needed for this mod, it would be clunky to get around them. Im thinking of the culture tech tree for example.
  • Some systems work is a completely different way, which would not be compatible. Civs 6's espionage system, and the great person system is not compatible with the civ 4 equivalents.

I have a 10 year old computer, yet i experience no big delays. The time between turns for me becomes slightly noticeable during the industrial era, on a Huge map with around 15 civs. With those setting the time between turns is as long as 0.5-1 minute, which I'm fine with. Are you experiencing longer delays?
it seems newer version computer and newer software Cause Problem. Scene they are not fit with date of when CIV 4 came. Is there a way only to use Graphic engine? better engine system adopted on newer computer system?

it seems newer version computer and newer software Cause Problem. Scene they are not fit with date of when CIV 4 came. Is there a way only to use Graphic engine? better engine system adopted on newer computer system?
No, it doesn't work that way (unfortunately). You need to edit your own settings and find what works best for you.

Hello author, I don’t speak English, this is what I translated with software. I want to know if I can add a (quick win) option? That is, when the NO:1 player's points are more than twice the NO:2, maintaining 10 turn, can win?

Hello author, in the following archive, there is a BUG inconsistency between city gold coins and national gold coins, I hope to solve it!
Wow! Awesome save. You have a cool nuclear winter in half of the world :cool:
However, I don't understand what your problem is with gold? Especially since you just won a Mastery victory :confused:

如附件所示,某些CIVICS文本和实际效果有所不同

Attachments

• 2020-06-12_150813.png
    2020-06-12_150813.png
    171.8 KB · Views: 77
如附件所示,某些CIVICS文本和实际效果有所不同
不好意思,我不会中文。
Use English please :)

The value is correct. It is -50% from Foreign and +25% in general. So trade routes between your own cities have a +25% income but to foreign cities it is 25-50= -25% income.

Just a comment. I am presently in my first game and running Clans plus Warrior Caste. I have several units with 80+ XP, few with less than 20, and Great Military Instructors, The Sagas, etc, are almost worthless. I would like to propose a limit for the XPs gained from just garrisoning a city. Maybe 5? IMO it should be low enough that all the other ways to gain XP remain intersesting. I would have changed civics long ago, if this combo wouldn´t be so powerful.

Just a comment. I am presently in my first game and running Clans plus Warrior Caste. I have several units with 80+ XP, few with less than 20
Do you mean 80+Xp only from garrisoning? What speed and size are you playing?

On Normal speed you gain 0.02Xp for each civic, that is 0.04Xp per turn. To gain 80Xp it takes 80/0.04=2000 turns.

Do you mean 80+Xp only from garrisoning? What speed and size are you playing?

On Normal speed you gain 0.02Xp for each civic, that is 0.04Xp per turn. To gain 80Xp it takes 80/0.04=2000 turns.

The Ice Age Earth Map and Snail. I am in turn 1118. One unit has 123 XP. Maybe 10 from Barracks, Military Instructors etc. and a few from Combat. But at least 100 from the civics. Are you sure that there is not some mistake in the calculations?

i played another 3 turns and checked a unit. It started with 0, it came when a barbarian city joined my realm thanks to my cultural influence. It added 0.45 per turn.

I tracked another 2 units, they too added 0.45 per turn.

A question. Suddenly, when a city completes a unit or building, I no longer get the menu where I have at the right side a list of all possible builds, but the menu I get when I double click a city. Did I accidently change some option? Any idea how I can get back?

Having recently gotten back into Civ4 and remembering good times with RoM and AND... I was pleased to see versions still continuing. I just wanted to say that so far it's been great fun and even partaking in some multiplayer with a steady experience has been wonderful too. My feedback thus far is thank you thank you thank you. Going back to the original mod that started it and every piece added since, this remains my definitive experience of playing Civilization in as great a form as we as fans can have.

A question though that perhaps can be answered, I don't remember much about being able to customize the event log information and I'm not sure if it's possible even today... but, is there a way to filter out say... bombard attacks? Some sieges and attacks can get that spam of hits and misses that can get a little old after awhile and I was hoping to tone it down.

Having recently gotten back into Civ4 and remembering good times with RoM and AND... I was pleased to see versions still continuing. I just wanted to say that so far it's been great fun and even partaking in some multiplayer with a steady experience has been wonderful too. My feedback thus far is thank you thank you thank you. Going back to the original mod that started it and every piece added since, this remains my definitive experience of playing Civilization in as great a form as we as fans can have.
A question though that perhaps can be answered, I don't remember much about being able to customize the event log information and I'm not sure if it's possible even today... but, is there a way to filter out say... bombard attacks? Some sieges and attacks can get that spam of hits and misses that can get a little old after awhile and I was hoping to tone it down.
I'm afraid not. At least not that easily. With a lot of programming skills (which I lack) it may be done but I'm not sure. Sorry.

Top Bottom