Chronicles of Mankind

Actually I'd have Woodlands and Plains share ship art, up to the later age of sail where I think using vanilla units would work here. Mesoamerican navy brought to you by Toad, and South American by Chuggi. Asia, Southeast asia would share ships, those nice Asian Junks. Middle East would use the Egyptian ships Toad made, then Dhows later. India has its own ships too. Africa as well. No flavor though past the age of sail at sea.

I think that unique units would be the way to go to give more uniqueness artwise, like with Mayans, Byzantines would be greco roman, but units like the Dromon would set them apart.

I want to revert to the original terrain textures. I see you have numerous terrain texture files. I've tried renaming, removing, and otherwise manipulating them but don't know what I'm doing and am having no success. The hills are always pink. Could someone explain what I need to do with these files to get the original terrain. Thanks.

Last edited:
For some reason, the checker no longer works as intended regarding the terrain. Do this:

Open terrain_textures_and.tar with WinRar
upload_2021-5-16_23-8-32.png

Copy the FPK file to Assets folder:
upload_2021-5-16_23-13-32.png

Run the game:
upload_2021-5-16_23-14-6.png

EDIT:
Of course, first you will need to remove any other textures FPK file. There can be only one of that.

So I'm going to start work on the artstyles stuff shortly Zeta :)

European and Greco Roman styles(units) will be using a lot of stuff already present in the game files. In fact the European style will pretty much be using all the default graphics. Greco Roman much of it will be already present, but there is abit that isn't. For that I look to Bakuel's material, as well as Vebear.

Question though, before I start this. Although many styles will cover many civs in a group(Mesoamerica would cover Aztecs, and any bonus civs in the megapack like Zapotec), there are a few civs that I feel should still have a unique style, three examples are Egypt, Rome and Japan. What are your thoughts on this?

three examples are Egypt, Rome and Japan.
Personally I think these are good ideas. Especially the Egypt one. Egypt is very unique artistically and combined with the fact it has like 3000 years of dynasties and culture makes me think it deserves it's own artstyle.:goodjob:

So I'm going to start work on the artstyles stuff shortly Zeta :)
That's great! Thanks! :D

Personally I think these are good ideas. Especially the Egypt one. Egypt is very unique artistically and combined with the fact it has like 3000 years of dynasties and culture makes me think it deserves it's own artstyle.:goodjob:
I agree :)

Exactly. Another example is the Mayans. Already I had planned Plains and Woodlands seperation. The Mayan civilization and cousins had a different style then the Valley of Mexico. As for Egypt the artstyle could be used for other Civs in the area(in Zeta's megapack) like the Nubians.

I'm thinking the Middle East will also have a division with the Anatolians(hittites), Crescent(Sumer, Babylon, Persia) and Arabs having seperate styles. These would converge in more modern times and might share art earlier if unique isn't available, Bakuel made ALOT of art for the Persians, and there is the Turkish stuff as well. Turkish might be worth having something as well.

India would of coarse be using Bakuel's extensive collection. Europe will be by far the easiest, default units for most slots. They would cover all the Western European civs. I"m planning for Eastern Europe as well. They would use Slavic Units. Aside from UU they would pretty much look the same. This would be Russia, Poland, Romania etc. Asia would have East Asian(China, Korea, etc), Japan, and Southeast Asia(big area Khmer to Malays and much more). And Africa Egypt, West African, and South African.

I think we can give a flavorfull experience without it effecting things too much.

I will also be reviewing and improving the city graphics.

This list look good? Let me know so I can start

-Western European
-Easterm European
-Mediterranean (Civs that are part of the Greek culture)
-W.African
-E.African(Nubia,Ethiopia, Libyans) Nubia, Makurian, Ethiopian graphics would be used here.
-S.African(Zulu, other civs in megapack like Maasai or Swahili would fit here)
-Crescent(Babylon, Sumer, etc
-Arab(ancient middle eastern cultures outside the Fertile Crescent to medieval arabic sultanates etc)
-Turkic/Mongol(Ride range of unit graphics available for them.)
-Indian
-East Asia(China, Korea, Vietnam etc)
-Southeast Asia(Khmer, Malay, Thailand, many others)
-Polynesian
-South America
-Meso America Mexico(Aztecs, Zapotec, Toltec, Tarascans etc)
-North American, Plains(Sioux for example)
-North American, Woodlands(Iroquois)

Unique/Special sets:

-Egypt
-Rome
-Meso America, Mayan
-Anatolia(Hittites and related civs)
-Caucasus(Armenia, Georgia)
-Japanese

First I will look again with what you already have, and use what is already there as a base. City style part will be abit more difficult. I recommend making most buildings, except for UB, Castle, Walls, Palace, Monument etc invisible. Helps with proformance and it makes the cities look better. I"d make wonders invisible too, unless you have a reason not to.

-Western European
-Easterm European
-Mediterranean (Civs that are part of the Greek culture)
-W.African
-E.African(Nubia,Ethiopia, Libyans) Nubia, Makurian, Ethiopian graphics would be used here.
-S.African(Zulu, other civs in megapack like Maasai or Swahili would fit here)
-Crescent(Babylon, Sumer, etc
-Arab(ancient middle eastern cultures outside the Fertile Crescent to medieval arabic sultanates etc)
-Turkic/Mongol(Ride range of unit graphics available for them.)
-Indian
-East Asia(China, Korea, Vietnam etc)
-Southeast Asia(Khmer, Malay, Thailand, many others)
-Polynesian
-South America
-Meso America Mexico(Aztecs, Zapotec, Toltec, Tarascans etc)
-North American, Plains(Sioux for example)
-North American, Woodlands(Iroquois)

Unique/Special sets:

-Egypt
-Rome
-Meso America, Mayan
-Anatolia(Hittites and related civs)
-Caucasus(Armenia, Georgia)
-Japanese

Pretty good list, although I have to admit it's a bit weird to see 2 Native American styles and no American/USA style. The USA is way more historically important than the Native Americans.
Also think the Russian style should stay given it's historical importance and size.

I am pretty excited though to see how your 2 Native American styles turn out though!

Also what about a Spanish style? Lots of unique units there. C2C has it's own style for it in case you wanted to use some of that.

Pretty good list, although I have to admit it's a bit weird to see 2 Native American styles and no American/USA style. The USA is way more historically important than the Native Americans.
And how different is it from Western Europe?
Also think the Russian style should stay given it's historical importance and size.
I think he means Eastern Europe for that. In the base game I don't recall any other civ than Russia. In MegaPack there are others fitting in that category.
Also what about a Spanish style? Lots of unique units there. C2C has it's own style for it in case you wanted to use some of that.
Yes, I think too that we need a category to cover Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Mexico, etc.

well it will be hard collect gold from this village (especially if pass mountains are disabled)
https://imgur.com/DyRcQoN

bad civic naming https://imgur.com/8FiCgiz
double movement on desert tiles for water units xD https://imgur.com/7v0RK3P

this mod is great, especially skirmish attacks of other civs, but they should go in bigger groups
(no 1 man at arms + 2x trebuchet, more like one longbowman, two knights, four maceman, four heavy infantry and two-three trebuchets)

also backstabbing - boudica declare war on me when we have +9 to relations, she was weaker then me and i had "AI play to win" - things like this should happen 50-100 turns before end game not in medival era

Last edited:
well it will be hard collect gold from this village (especially if pass mountains are disabled)
https://imgur.com/DyRcQoN
I guess you are playing on SmartMap. That script does place Goody Huts on peaks. But it's still possible to collect it by settling a city next to it. Not easy but possible.

No, bad description. I'll check it, thanks.

double movement on desert tiles for water units xD https://imgur.com/7v0RK3P
Yeah, that promotion is meant for civilian units, like Workers but Workboats are also in the same category.

this mod is great
I'm happy that you enjoy it. :hatsoff:

Yeah I agree about an Iberian(Spainish/Portuguese) style. I also though about a Celtic style.

As for US, theres alot of what-if stuff for the US, I agree about a style for them if they are in the game. I spoke with Capo and he had the earliest units as natives, changes at Medieval.

As for citysets, America(and Canada if they are present) would use a Anglo_American style. I'm looking at Rise of Nations for what to expect.

Iroquois(woodlands) and Sioux(plains) are very different in appearence. A number of people made units for both groups as well.

anyone have idea why my gamesave crash after i click "next turn" ?
because japan ivaded india, capture india city in next turn and it start some errors with calculating tile control?
https://www.sendspace.com/file/m8ss48

edit:
weird, when i use "Load game" - game crash, but when i use QuickSave and load game from Quicksave all works OK. Ram Problems?

edit2:
I declare war on Byzantium, Byzantium surrender to Japan, Japan Declar War on me,friendly India +10 to attitude... declare war on me to? (it shouldn`t be as we were "friends")
BUUT WHATS MORE INTERESING despite border with Japan they set 40+ units around their own border, they didnt tried to attack me,even when we had war and few turns later they declare war on india

grats with AI, masterpiece. instead mindless - rush on me they just patrol border and defend themselfs before they were prepared enough to attack india.My nearest city have around 3 guards - they just would steamrolled this town if they really want

but man, just made something with this bug when i have +5, +10, +15 attidute to another nation and they just declare war on me, pure nonsense - especially if i have 2 times bigger army then them like with india

edit3:
Hitties have great scientist since 300 turns and dont use him. he just sit in town and do nothing

edit4
Elder council is still active in Indrustal Era

edit5
Why governent tv station bring unhappines, especially in Totalitarian State?

you know when game is unbalanced when in modern era you have 0% taxes and you still gain gold on deity difflucty

+1000 foregin trade route mean just x20 number of science point in this town since in A New Dawn science is corelated with money gained on foregin trade routes.If i had civ based more on commerce and have open borders with more civs (i have only with 2, no tech feeding) i could have some around 4000-5000-6000, maybe even 10 000 science points thanks this wonder.

japan declare war on me being 3 times weaker

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay but I was away from my modding PC and couldn't check it any sooner.
anyone have idea why my gamesave crash after i click "next turn" ?
because japan ivaded india, capture india city in next turn and it start some errors with calculating tile control?
https://www.sendspace.com/file/m8ss48

edit:
weird, when i use "Load game" - game crash, but when i use QuickSave and load game from Quicksave all works OK. Ram Problems?
I could load your save and run AI AutoPlay for some time without any problems, so I really don't know what it is but it could be on your end.

Elder council is still active in Indrustal Era
That should only be possible if the city has neither a Courthouse or a Village Hall or better.

Why governent tv station bring unhappines, especially in Totalitarian State?
Okay, that's wrong. I'll fix that. Thanks for catching it :)

+1000 foregin trade route mean just x20 number of science point in this town since in A New Dawn science is corelated with money gained on foregin trade routes.If i had civ based more on commerce and have open borders with more civs (i have only with 2, no tech feeding) i could have some around 4000-5000-6000, maybe even 10 000 science points thanks this wonder.
Okay, that's probably too much. Added to my to do list.

you know when game is unbalanced when in modern era you have 0% taxes and you still gain gold on deity difflucty
I'll look after that too.

BTW, could you post save from your modern era too? Transhuman is fine too.

Top Bottom