Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tested it with just the CP and CiD enabled and no other mods in the mods directory. I always clear my cache when starting new games and I didn't change any other settings. Tested it with a few games and it happens even if you're not aztecs and place FG with IGE, but FG seems to be the only building affected. Working late tonight and have an early start tomorrow so will be a couple of days until I can get time to get logs for you. But I remember there were no errors in the database log and the lua log didnt show anything unusual that I could see.

Well, you need not worry about it, as I was able to replicate the issue. Thanks for the report. This issue will actually basically disable Colonies - shows how many people use the component :p

Hey, I try to use Colonies... It's just that I only find good Colony spots in games without CID...

It's all very well reducing the Catapult's range, but Catapults are pretty worthless compared to Comp Bows, and so you'd need to reduce their range as well... Except that would make them a lot weaker.

Then we'll need an alternative, then. Early game conquest is far too easy with the reduced city range, so maybe you could make the range increase by 1 if it's got a Ranged garrison?

It would work, but would remove part of the advantage of upgrading your city level. That's part of the advantage of getting a Great Magistrate. In my current game (that I have yet to continue :cry: ) I used up two GM to upgrade cities on the Babylon border as my eventual war will require the added range.

It would work, but would remove part of the advantage of upgrading your city level. That's part of the advantage of getting a Great Magistrate. In my current game (that I have yet to continue :cry: ) I used up two GM to upgrade cities on the Babylon border as my eventual war will require the added range.

But this is the AI we're dealing with here...

I'd be surprised if even Gazebo could teach the AI logic like that.

True, but when your current standing army consists of an archer, spear man, swordsman, and horseman, you tend to want to beef up those weak city defenses.

Outside of making it easier to obtain the second level by the Medieval era (and thus introducing a fourth city level to make the upgrades take longer), the only thing I can think of is increasing city defense until the second upgrade (which may make no logical sense, but you get a trade off in passive defense and active defense).

A combination of reduced catapult range, increased catapult ranged defence, and a comp bow penalty against cities?

Decided that I'm fed up with cities flipping as soon as I've captured them - just made a Medium Claim on Sofia, using all my Dignitaries, and they've instantly flipped to the barbarians. Maybe some kind of grace period, during Resistance maybe, where they can't flip?

Also, Court of Chancery doesn't count towards Saxony's UA

I've been thinking about it some more and playing with the catapult range probably isn't the answer. Tomorrow when I get a chance to play a game I'm going to try giving the AI an archer line militia in addition to its spear. Hopefully it can be convinced to defend its cities better this way.

JFD - what was the issue with the floating gardens, if you don't mind me asking? Would love to be able to fix it myself so I can continue my last game if possible. It's not often you get a 2 salt, 3 wheat capital with the aztecs and would hate to see the game go to waste.

Btw colonies is my favourite part of this mod. I use them all the time. Playing on huge maps so always great spots to found them.

Also, Court of Chancery doesn't count towards Saxony's UA

How's it meant to?

JFD - what was the issue with the floating gardens, if you don't mind me asking? Would love to be able to fix it myself so I can continue my last game if possible. It's not often you get a 2 salt, 3 wheat capital with the aztecs and would hate to see the game go to waste.

I'd shifted some of the generic checks (Is Colony, What Organized Crime, What Loyalty, etc.) into the general utilities file, but I'd forgotten to re-define the Governor's Mansion in doing so. Hence, when checking if the Governor's Mansion is in the city, it falls to checking for the default ID of 0, which corresponds to the Floating Gardens.

Try this. Replace the existing file at C:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 16)\Shared\Lua\Utilities

Methinks CID has a problem with mercs, as this is repeating in my lua quite a bit:
Code:
[460965.796] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:925: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460965.796] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:925: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460965.812] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:924: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460965.812] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 13)\Components\Provinces\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CID_ProvincesUtils.lua:214: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460965.812] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:925: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460967.578] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:925: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460967.578] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:925: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460967.578] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:924: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460967.578] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:747: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460967.578] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 13)\Components\Provinces\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CID_ProvincesUtils.lua:214: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460967.593] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:925: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460969.343] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:925: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460969.343] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:925: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460969.359] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:924: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460969.359] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 13)\Components\Provinces\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CID_ProvincesUtils.lua:214: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460969.359] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:925: chunk has too many syntax levels

I conquer an enemy's city and create a puppet. Why it is considered as 'colony'?

Mod list(see the screenshot, with EUI).

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    14.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 2016-01-20_00001.jpg
    2016-01-20_00001.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 299
  • 2016-01-20_00002.jpg
    2016-01-20_00002.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 238
I conquer an enemy's city and create a puppet. Why it is considered as 'colony'?

Mod list(see the screenshot, with EUI).

If the city is far enough from the capital that, had it been founded by you, it would become a colony, it'll become a colony. Would you prefer not, because I can make it not?

Methinks CID has a problem with mercs, as this is repeating in my lua quite a bit:
Code:
[460965.812] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:924: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460965.812] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 13)\Components\Provinces\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CID_ProvincesUtils.lua:214: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460965.812] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:925: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460967.578] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:924: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460967.578] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:747: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460967.578] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 13)\Components\Provinces\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CID_ProvincesUtils.lua:214: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460967.593] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:925: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460969.359] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:924: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460969.359] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 13)\Components\Provinces\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CID_ProvincesUtils.lua:214: chunk has too many syntax levels
[460969.359] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 4)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_MercenariesUtilities.lua:925: chunk has too many syntax levels

You'll need to update CID for the Provinces: too much syntax in me, which was fixed last version. Not sure about Mercenaries - anyone else getting this? I know I got this with Sov.

If the city is far enough from the capital that, had it been founded by you, it would become a colony, it'll become a colony. Would you prefer not, because I can make it not?

You'll need to update CID for the Provinces: too much syntax in me, which was fixed last version. Not sure about Mercenaries - anyone else getting this? I know I got this with Sov.

So, you mean that if I conquer a city far enough from my capital, the city I conquered would become a colony, right?
I have no problem with that, just want to confirm that whether it is a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom